Author Topic: How Was The Vancouver Rock The Bells?  (Read 365 times)

AnybodyKilla

How Was The Vancouver Rock The Bells?
« on: August 02, 2009, 04:32:01 AM »
For the people who went, how was it? How was Nas, Common, Tech, Slaughterhouse and all of them?

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
Re: How Was The Vancouver Rock The Bells?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »
It was amazing.. slum village still performed even though baatin passed.. tech nine killed it.. every redwon from the rascalz who started off the show did an amazing job
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
It was a good show.  Talib Kweli missed his flight and almost didn't make the show.  But Reflection Eternal did a quick set right before Nas & Damian. 

It was Tech N9ne's first time in Vancouver and he loved the crowd.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 12:53:56 PM »
copy and pasted from my post on another forum:

best: nas and damien marley. both absolutely killed it. nas did this cool version of one mic with just damiens drummer friend and phil collins i can feel it in the background. vid coming tomorrow

aside from that common had a great set... he didnt do enough songs though imo, it was mostly new shit except i used to love her. he did a cool thing where he did like 4 bars from a bunch of classics though. his dj was solid too

slaughterhouse was surprisingly good... they have great chemistry on the stage and got skits and shit. each member played an old school song and got the crowd to cheer for which guy/town was the best... royce got a big pop cause of the em song he played, so did crook who did g thang ("death row was the label that didnt pay me")... they had a meet + greet later too

red1 from the rascalz held it down... he needs to come back hard though maybe its just me but it felt like the crowd forgot who he was

chali 2na stayed on for way too long, but his performance was solid

big boi didnt show up, rza came instead. not a wu fan but odbs son was there and he was hilarious, did summersaults on stage for like 10 minutes after the set cause someone yelled I WANT A MILLION DOLLARS (name of his single). i think security was gettin mad at him for staying on for so long but its a good thing he did cause there was a half an hour long break after their set which was brutal

oh and yeah this fat white kid jumped on stage during nas' performance and did some stupid dance that was kinda funny

uhhh... tech n9ne im not a fan of but he sounded good. him and krizz kaliko have this really lame boy band song and dance routine though. at the end of the performance he got a bunch of chicks from the crowd to flash their titties. this was his first time in vancity and he got a huge pop, white folks love tech n9ne

talib kweli and hi tek were really weak. they did maybe 4 songs and kweli tripped over a bunch of lines. also when common did respiration he didnt come out for his verse [i guess now i know why]

krs one didnt show up either, b-real came instead and he killed it. he came back at the end to do a song with marley too

there was some short dog native guy but he sucked

supernat was hosting and he did his usual grab shit from the crowd freestyle, dope as always. he did this other song where he impersonated slick rick busta rhymes and biggie too.

slum village were there too but i wasnt at the stage

overall, money well spent. shit got annoying near the end tho, people started really cramming towards the stage and everyone basically ended up with no room to move around. all good tho. i got some vids/pics but none of em really came out well. ill upload some later maybe

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
^i was with big boi last night. He threw a dope ass party here in Toronto. That's probably why they didn't go. Sucks you missed him, his set was my favorite in Toronto. Then again I am a diehard OutKast fan. We had RZA 2, so that sucks u guys got the short end of the stick. KRS-One came here as well. Dope y'all got B-Real though, we didn't get him. The Slaughterhouse set sounded a lot better than it was in TO. Nas & Damian Marley were great here 2. Red-1, thats dope :o  Tech N9ne killed shit here 2, first time in Toronto as well. Kweli & Tek were decent here.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 01:32:44 PM »
Yeah, I was real bummed out that Big Boi didnt come.. i would've gladly cut a couple other cats out to see him do his thing

i had a great spot, started off 2 peope away fro mteh front.. after i got some drinks and food i still came back to within 8 people from the front

good times... my necks killin me from all that head noddin tho

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 01:36:39 PM »
Yeah, I was real bummed out that Big Boi didnt come.. i would've gladly cut a couple other cats out to see him do his thing

i had a great spot, started off 2 peope away fro mteh front.. after i got some drinks and food i still came back to within 8 people from the front

good times... my necks killin me from all that head noddin tho
I dunno why he was here but I think it was for caribanna. He threw a dope ass VIP party at The Sound Academy. Aha, I lost my voice at the show.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
overall, money well spent. shit got annoying near the end tho, people started really cramming towards the stage and everyone basically ended up with no room to move around. all good tho. i got some vids/pics but none of em really came out well. ill upload some later maybe
what did you expect?

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
Here's a couple behinds the scenes pics of what we were up to yesterday

C-Infamous Smokin and Interviewing B Real

Interviewing Damian Marley

Stay tuned for more

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
what did you expect?

i dont mean room to be walking around, i mean we were literally boxed in. its like damn, wouldnt you rather be half a foot further back and have room to breathe? vancouvers in the middle of a heatwave and that shit didnt help

some pics... they didnt come out well but whatever

slaughterhouse

common (dude had crazy energy.. he was jumpin around and floodin sweat no homo)

kweli

nas from his first performance.. him and jr gong would do tracks over each others beats (him rapping over reggae, marley toastin over hip hop). check the banner in the back

one mic

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
what did you expect?

i dont mean room to be walking around, i mean we were literally boxed in. its like damn, wouldnt you rather be half a foot further back and have room to breathe? vancouvers in the middle of a heatwave and that shit didnt help
Thats the same way it was at Paid Dues homie. I had no room to move, u still got people tryin to get to the front, I saw a guy get cracked for tryin rush to the front, bumped into the wrong person. N ur pics aint that bad homie, u dont even wanna see mine of slaughterhouse lol. I used a camera phone, it was night, and the lights were bright as fuck so I only got a couple decent shots of them.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 03:28:00 PM »
Sounds like it was a dope ass show!!!

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »
i was workin backstage got to meet crooked i it was fukn nuts
all dem slaughterhouse niggas is dope
and the show was crazy everyone went hard

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
heres the vid of nas doin one mic

and common freestylin

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 06:46:07 PM »
I wonder if anyone recorded all of the SH set or the whole show for that matter lol!!!