Author Topic: Post Your Questions For DPG  (Read 2720 times)

Okka

*Whens the last time you worked with Lil C-Style?

Daz is workin' with Lil C-Style on his new album. They were on ustream talkin' about it some time ago and they played some beats from the album.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Daz, please find the answers to the following questions, then reveal the answers in the movie.  These are questions for Soopafly, however, we can structure the interview so I am asking you questions about Soopafly, that way, it will seem like i'm interviewing you, but really i'm just having you repeat the answers that Soopafly gave you.  Please ask Soopafly the following questions, then i will interview you to find out the answers:

1.  How did you initially get into the rap game?  Were you trying to get in as a rapper or a producer?  Did you have a demo tape or anything like that?

2.  You mentioned in the song "That Way" that you could have signed with Loud Records, but chose Death Row instead.  What kind of offer did Loud Records make to you in the way of albums/marketing ideas, etc?

3.  In your song "I Don't Hang", at the end you mention working with Daz on an EP.  Was this something that was going to be released on Loud records?  Why did this EP never see the light of day?

4.  One of your earliest  productions that I can remember was a song you did for The Twinz entitled "4 Eyez 2 Headz".  How did you hook up with them and Warren G?

5.  In 2000, Death Row advertised your solo album coming soon.  How close was that album to being completed?  Was there album art, tracklisting, etc? With WideAwake buying all of Death Row's old material, have they contacted you at all about possibly releasing your old Death Row album?

6.  A few years later, Daz ended up releasing your 'unreleased' Death Row album.  How close was that album with the original Death Row album that was originally going to be released?

7.  There are several unreleased songs featuring yourself and Mac Shawn floating around the net.  What's the story with these songs? Was there a collaboration album in the works at one point, or were you just working on his death row solo album?

8.  What kind of cologne do you wear?

9.  How did you end up getting off of Death Row records?  When you filed bankruptcy, did that make your contract null and void?  Do you still get kickbacks from Death Row songs you produced or does Suge get all the publishing money from those songs?

10.  When you first started out, you were known as "Priest Soopafly Brooks".  What made you decide to shorten your name to just "Soopafly", and is 'Priest your real name?

11.  Which do you prefer more, rapping or producing?

12.  You were one of Death Row's major producers during 2Pac's tenure on the label, yet, you didn't produce/guest on much of his work.  I always thought this was odd, any reason why?

13.  In 2003, you were slated to release an album on Doggystle Records titled "Big Willie Dynamite".  What happened with that album and how close were you to completing it?  Have any of those tracks ended up on other albums?

14.  Have you ever nailed Latoiya Williams?

15.  Back in the day, you were Daz's right hand man, but the last few years, it seems like you have become Snoop's right hand man and there had been some distance between you and Daz.  Now you and Daz seem to be working together again regularly.  Why were you and Daz not working together for a while, was it because of Daz's beef with snoop?

16.  You seemed to be backing Latoiya Williams pretty hard a few years ago.  She guested on many of your songs and you were producing an album of hers.  Now lately, we haven't heard much from her.  How close was her album to being completed and are you still actively trying to get her record out, or has she moved on to other things?  Is she still with Doggystyle records?

17.  What type of a workout regimen are you on?  How do you stay in such great shape?

18.  During the beef with kurupt, you and daz announced the formation of a new Dogg Pound with you replacing kurupt.  How did you feel about that at the time?  Did you think your new group was going to be as successful as the original Dogg Pound?  How close was that album to being completed?

19.  Some pretty harsh words were exchanged between you and kurupt during the beef.  Him and Daz made up pretty quickly and began making new music.  How did you two end up reconciling?  Did kurupt have to do or say anything to earn your respect/trust again?

20.  Could you give us one of your more humorous stories about having to put a woman in check?

21.  In your song "99 Problemz" you mention a list of problems you have, including IRS problems, foot problems, tooth problems, etc.  We all know you had a root canal, which would explain the tooth problems, but what kind of foot problems have you been having?

22.  Bad Lucc and Demani were together before you came along and made "The Westurn Union".  What made you decide to get with them as opposed to going solo or forming a group with Daz and Kurupt, or some other rappers?

23.  Are there going to be more Dubb Union albums in the future? Is it like a  Westside Connection thing, where you will each have your individual careers and only do the group thing every so often, or was this album just a one time deal?

24.  Did you enjoy working with Lucc and Damani?  Seems like you 3 all had different rap styles.  How was it being in the studio with them?  Was it difficult to get on the same page?

25.  You rap with many different styles.  You have gangsta songs, pimpin songs, feel-good summertime songs, and even songs you sing on.  What is your favorite type of song to perform?

26.  Are you dissapointed you haven't been able to crack into the mainstream and become well known like Snoop?  Or are you content to be more of a behind the scenes man?

27.  How do you make money to support yourself on a daily basis?  Do you get weekly paychecks from Doggystyle records even when you aren't making new tracks, or do you just get large lump sums for each song you produce?

28.  What type of clothes do you sport when you just do your daily activities, like grocery shopping.  In contrast, what type of clothes do you wear when you go out pimping?

29.  There are two songs of yours that have eluded collectors for a number of years.  One is called "50 Sac" and was slated to be on the Death Row Inside Out Compilation.  The other song was called Drug Thing and was supposed to be on Gangsta's Most Wanted Compilation CD.  Do you remember anything about either of these songs?

30.  I feel you, Too Short and Suga Free are the 3 rappers that come the hardest on these hoes.  Have you ever thought about forming a group with them, maybe called the Pimpin Union?  I know you've worked with Too Short before, but what about Suga Free?

31. About a month ago, an EP was released entitled "Gotta Get Tha Money".  It contained mostly released songs with the exception of two unreleased songs.  Did you have any input in the EP, or was that something that was just thrown together to generate some quick cash?

32. You have a new EP coming out titled "The One They Call Soopa".  What can you tell us about that album?  Why the decision to make it an EP instead of a full fledged album?  Will this be a digital only release, or will it be available in stores?

33. Your first single from the new EP features a man called "The Deacon".  Obviously a play off your old moniker "Priest".  Is this guy your new protege?  What can tell us about him?  Will he be on other songs of yours?

34.  Snoop Dogg had a song scheduled for Rhythm and Gangster entitled "It's Alright".  It ended up not being used on the album.  The song ended up on your album "Bangin Westcoast" and was titled "Come With Me".  It had the exact same lyrics, only instead of Snoop rapping the words, you were rapping them.  Who's version came first?  Also, how do you feel about other rappers recycling beats like that?  I noticed Kurupt recycled one of your unreleased Dubb Union beats for a song on his EP "Bacon and Eggs".

35. Bad Lucc had mentioned you had a done a song with Warren G and Brotha Lynch Hung.  Any truth to that rumor?  If so, will this song ever see the light of day?

G-Funk

These are questions for Soopafly. Please ask Soopafly the following questions

17.  What type of a workout regimen are you on?  How do you stay in such great shape?

20.  Could you give us one of your more humorous stories about having to put a woman in check?

:loco:

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Daz,

how come you don't produce in the same style you did at Death Row? You know, the various musicians etc...

That was you best era of production. You should that method.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
These are questions for Soopafly. Please ask Soopafly the following questions

:loco:

This is like deja vu from a similar thread not too long ago.. I just have to shake my head sometimes.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

Jimmy H.

Daz,

how come you don't produce in the same style you did at Death Row? You know, the various musicians etc...

While we're at it. Maybe we should ask him why he doesn't have his 1995 calender up anymore.

J-Func

• 'G'
  • J-Func
Any chance you will collab with DJ Quik on production? or get him to mix your whole album?

davidr

• Muthafuckin' OG
How many unreleased songs did you sell to Afeni and what are the titles?

OG Snoopaveli

I noticed Kurupt recycled one of your unreleased Dubb Union beats for a song on his EP "Bacon and Eggs".

What iz the name of that dubb union track?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

I noticed Kurupt recycled one of your unreleased Dubb Union beats for a song on his EP "Bacon and Eggs".

What iz the name of that dubb union track?

Love It When - Westurn Union

Off the DJ Drama/Snoop Dogg mixtape "The City Is In Good Hands"

http://www.datpiff.com/DJ_Drama_Snoop_Dogg_The_City_is_in_Good_Hands.m16762.html

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
How did yall start gang bangin?
Who out of the dpg still cruises the streets of longbeach?
Do you have footage of the meetings at the parks in lb?
do you have footage of the dpg before they was a group?
Does Snoop still drop by the hood? Does he keep it real with his peeps from LBCrip gangz?

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Was u and kurupt hanging around with biggie when he was preparing for his (LIFE AFTER DEATH??)lp...i remember u saying this i think in your xxl or source interview during your (Retaliation,revenge,and get back days)...show when Kriss Kross came out to the dogg pound. 8)

MOON KNIGHT

What was the first song you & kurupt recorded together ??

THEREALBWS

What was the first song you & kurupt recorded together ??

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Daz,

While we're at it. Maybe we should ask him why he doesn't have his 1995 calender up anymore.

Don't be foolish (like and old DPG song said). if thats your sarcasm to imply only in 95 he could produce that way then that would be an extremely ignorant comment.

How come Dre still produce by the same method? Daz, doesn't have to be Dre. He has same access to musician.  SMH