Author Topic: Post Your Questions For DPG  (Read 2724 times)

MarshColin

6.how u feel about tha "2002" album and who is the guy on "smoke"?becuz he dont sound like big wy, even the song says it features "tha relativez", suga buga aka dogg is there but whos´tha otha dude?

I haven't listened to that album in awhile but I'm pretty sure it's this rapper named Nuttz. He was rollin with The Relativez back then and he also appeared on This Is The Thanks You Get on Too Gangsta 4 Radio.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Daz,

how come you don't produce in the same style you did at Death Row? You know, the various musicians etc...

That was you best era of production. You should that method.
While we're at it. Maybe we should ask him why he doesn't have his 1995 calender up anymore.

Don't be foolish (like and old DPG song said). if thats your sarcasm to imply only in 95 he could produce that way then that would be an extremely ignorant comment.

How come Dre still produce by the same method? Daz, doesn't have to be Dre. He has same access to musician.  SMH

shut your groupie trap...thats the ENTIRE reason daz shit dont sound like that he aint got butch on percussion or none of them niggas anymore...they was on  deathrows payroll and were always around the studio on suges dime...you notice daz work only sounds up to snuff when hes got a good collaborator (dean,soopafly,the dude that did dpg lp). id like to think daz still had it in him too but after 10 plus years of half ass daz tracks i aint so sure.

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What was the first song you & kurupt recorded together ??

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
How did yall start gang bangin?
Who out of the dpg still cruises the streets of longbeach?
Do you have footage of the meetings at the parks in lb?
do you have footage of the dpg before they was a group?
Does Snoop still drop by the hood? Does he keep it real with his peeps from LBCrip gangz?

smh

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Daz,

how come you don't produce in the same style you did at Death Row? You know, the various musicians etc...

While we're at it. Maybe we should ask him why he doesn't have his 1995 calender up anymore.

Don't be foolish (like and old DPG song said). if thats your sarcasm to imply only in 95 he could produce that way then that would be an extremely ignorant comment.

How come Dre still produce by the same method? Daz, doesn't have to be Dre. He has same access to musician.  SMH

shut your groupie trap...thats the ENTIRE reason daz shit dont sound like that he aint got butch on percussion or none of them niggas anymore...they was on  deathrows payroll and were always around the studio on suges dime...you notice daz work only sounds up to snuff when hes got a good collaborator (dean,soopafly,the dude that did dpg lp). id like to think daz still had it in him too but after 10 plus years of half ass daz tracks i aint so sure.

Lil child, you sounding more ignorant than the last cat.

Forget Death Row musician. The question is why not use the same method. There are much more musician Daz can use to achieve the same result.My point is it seem he abandoned working with musicians WHICH DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE SAME GUYS FROM DEATH ROW, when he actually does his best by working with them. Yeah, his beats sound weak when he just on the keyboard bynhimself, but with musicians he prevails.
 Are yall really that stupid around here?

Anyway, the question is for Daz? Why yall riding my nuts? I rather him answer than yall cornballs with assuming foolish answers? Yall more like the groupie to me now when i never address non of yous, bu Daz? Stay off my nut snow and move on.

2euce 7even

6.how u feel about tha "2002" album and who is the guy on "smoke"?becuz he dont sound like big wy, even the song says it features "tha relativez", suga buga aka dogg is there but whos´tha otha dude?

I haven't listened to that album in awhile but I'm pretty sure it's this rapper named Nuttz. He was rollin with The Relativez back then and he also appeared on This Is The Thanks You Get on Too Gangsta 4 Radio.

yeah thats what i was thinkin too..but tha credits dont mention him right?

Okka

Hey Daz what's up with that project you were supposed to be droppin' with WC?

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
WHY DONT YALL RELEASE CD's????? OLD SCHOOL FANS WANT HARD COPIES NOT JUST DOWNLOADS

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Daz,

Lil child, you sounding more ignorant than the last cat.

Forget Death Row musician. The question is why not use the same method. There are much more musician Daz can use to achieve the same result.My point is it seem he abandoned working with musicians WHICH DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE SAME GUYS FROM DEATH ROW, when he actually does his best by working with them. Yeah, his beats sound weak when he just on the keyboard bynhimself, but with musicians he prevails.
 Are yall really that stupid around here?

Anyway, the question is for Daz? Why yall riding my nuts? I rather him answer than yall cornballs with assuming foolish answers? Yall more like the groupie to me now when i never address non of yous, bu Daz? Stay off my nut snow and move on.

my bad fam, i think i misinterpreted what you were saying....i think we both agree daz sounds the best when hes got a solid collaborator.

Chad Vader

Questions for RBX;

-musical inspiration and favorite albums?

-What's up with the Concrete Criminals project?

-What's up with "The RBX files pt.2" album?

-You featured a lot of dope unknown/underground MC's like Poetess,Preach Da Funk,Sly,Monie Mone & Stack A Dollar on "No Mercy No Remorse",
I haven't heard from them since,(do you know) what's up with them?

-In "The Source" magazine's add for "Chronic 2001" you was listed as featured artist.
Was the "Remember Me" track from Em's album originally meant to be on "Chronic 2001" with maybe a verse by Dre instead of Em's?
"The Source" magazine's add for "Chronic 2001"

-Did you record any more tracks for "Chronic 2001" that didn't make the cut?

-You got a lot of famous punch lines. One of them goes "lyrical graffiti and this was a burner",was you ever involved in the graffiti scene in L.A?

-Was the concept for "The day the niggaz took over" from the first "Chronic" your idea?

-How come you recycle your lyrics so much?

-What's the status on the track you got from Dre a couple of years ago? SOURCE; http://youtube.com/watch?v=aTa4dDAFOOc

-What will happen to the tracks you did with
Rob Quest/Coughee Brothaz in Houston,TX a couple months ago (early 2007 SOURCE; www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com )

-In the radio interview with Matt Sonzala on Damage Control (www.houstonsoreal.blogspot.com ) you talked about a track you did with X-Clan that was so hard you couldn't use it,what was that about?

-D.O.C said you got narcolepsy (thaformula.com interview quote below;) is there any truth to this?

The D.O.C interview with ThaFormula.com;
http://thaformula.com/d.o.c._ruthless_to_death_row.htm

ThaFormula.com
- A guy that seemed to never get caught up in all this drama was RBX.
Other then a few little things here and there you never really heard RBX talking any kind of shit?
D.O.C.
- RBX slept all the time literally. I think he was a narcoleptic. The guy would fall asleep any muthafuckin’ where.
In the hallway on the floor, in the hotel, that muthafucka would be knocked out, but he was one of the great ones.

Efrain

If there is ONE thing you should take from this thread, it is the following response from me.

Daz, remember a while back in an interview when someone asked you if being at Death Row made your music sound better? And you said something to the effect of (paraphrasing) "No, I just needed people to mix my music to make it sound like that." Do you remember?

Well you were right. You NEED to have your music professionally mixed and mastered man. It is a waste for you to make the dope music you make if you don't get it mixed down and mastered to sound as good as it could be. That Dogg Pound Gangsta album you put out a few years ago is probably one of your best... but the shit sounds fucked up because you never got it mixed. You gotta pay someone some money to mix this stuff down and then it will all sound like Dogg Food and All Eyez on Me but if you don't you're really not doing your music justice man.

You can't just do it yourself of have the engineer who records your shit do it. You need to pay someone who's job it is to do that. Seriously man. 

Jimmy H.

Dre doesn't produce by the same methods and hasn't in well over 10 years. Daz did some throwback-style music with the Dogg Pound Gangsta LP. It's pointless to keep doing the same thing over and over. You don't have to take a complete 180 with your style but the music needs to evolve.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
1. What was your contribution to the development of the G-Funk sound?  People claim it was Above the Law who came up with the idea and Dre who really executed it, perhaps with your help.  If so, how did you "help" in developing that signature Death Row sound?  I mean musically -- like song structure, concepts, orchestration, etc.  Whatever your main contributions were.  Did everybody instantly all agree on developing the same sound?  How did you each find your own niche sound within the larger G-Funk sound?

2. How many takes do you do on a song?  How do you know when you've finished a song or when it needs another take, more polish, etc.?

3. Are there any concepts on songs/albums for the G-Funk sound that you never got an opportunity to execute on record?

4. Have managers/personal assistants/studio executives ever advised you to do anything that seemed crazy at the time?  Like advised you to change your rap name, dress differently, use a different rap style, etc.  Anything really crazy that you remember?

5. What do you think Death Row's ultimate contribution was to black youth growing up in the ghetto?  Do you regret any reinforcement of the "angry, black male" stereotype or do you feel that Death Row's music empowered black youths to rise up out of the ghetto?

6. Did you and Kurupt instantly click as a duo or did it take some time for the chemistry to develop?

7. If you could have another chance to re-do any of the concepts to songs from the Death Row era, what would you change about them?  Like music-wise, lyrics, etc.  Is there anything looking back that you feel could have been done better and you could do better now that you're wiser?

8. How did the great art direction for all of the original Death Row albums come about?

9. What do you think the future of hip hop is?

10. Do you feel constrained in terms of your desire to give the fans what they want but at the same time grow musically?  They seem to contradict each other, so how do you and similar artists navigate this dialectic?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:21:19 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Mietek23

Daz, release that Crooked I - Say Ho To The Bad Guy Vol. 1 via iTunes pleeease!

2euce 7even

i try 2 stay optimistic but...i dont think daz will even read it not mention answering these q´s.