Author Topic: Why Does Mobb Deep get a lot of Hate?  (Read 453 times)

ChinBo37

• 'G'
Why Does Mobb Deep get a lot of Hate?
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:45:08 AM »
I didnt get into Mobb Deep until probably 2003/2004.  Growing up I listened to all Bay/Westcoast stuff.  But now I have pretty much every album or mixtape they have put out, and on a whole its some excellent grimy shit.  I wasnt really following hiphop during the Mobb Deep v. Jaz-Z stuff but I know that child photos were releaseed or something. 

Can anyone tell me why Mobb doesnt get that much respect now?  Oh im writing this while listening to the DJ CHong Wizard Mobb/Raekwon.  Mobb deep over Wu beats.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
Re: Why Does Mobb Deep get a lot of Hate?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »
because they signed to G-Unit and made wack album, but Prodigy's solos are solid

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:28:14 AM »
For me it's because I don't really like much of their recent shit, I still bump the classics though. If you name a recent album worth checking out i'll do it.

Jaydc555

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 01:50:58 AM »
Because they fell the fuck off.Prodigy is like the east coast kurupt.Used to be one of the nicest and now just terrible

Cali Climate

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 02:12:02 AM »
Because they fell the fuck off.Prodigy is like the east coast kurupt.Used to be one of the nicest and now just terrible

Basically. Plus, they aren't some broke ass 19 year olds living in the projects anymore, robbing people. The subject matter that made up their earlier albums is gone from their lives, exhausting a lot of what made them appealing when they first came out.

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »
And theyve been exposed countless times as frauds.Just watch beef when tru life robbed their homies and made them strip and walk home naked.They even on camera admitted its just music and nothing more.And when your whole image is built around being gangsta that shit dont fly

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:25:35 AM »
mostly people dickriding either game, jay, nas, pac etc Mobb deeps had beef with a lot of stans idols so they are bound to get hated on. Plus Blood money was average and prodigy isnt what he used to be.

Only duo that could probably match their first 3 albums is outkast in my opinion.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:41 AM »
I thought blood money was a solid album people just didnt listen with an open ear because it cam out on g-unit.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

westside159

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:54:37 AM »
there are a couple reasons why Mobb deep get hated becuz , them and 2 Pac had a little small beef bacc in the days , and they signed with G-Unit and left there original grimy sound .  But real hip hop heads know that they dropped that heat with The Infamous and Murda Muzic and even Hell On Earth .

Jaydc555

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 04:05:28 AM »
They totally alienated their fan base.They were the definition of grimey new york hip hop.Infamous and hell on earth were amazing.Murda muzik finally got them some mainstream recognition and even though quiet storm was the shit the album was mediocre.Then infamy drops and they drop a single with 112.Nobody in this world wants prodigy doing a fucking love song.The next album they drop a single with lil jon.Next album is with g unit.CASE CLOSED.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 04:10:10 AM »
Yeah they pretty much sold out but what I do like about Mobb Deep is even on their weaker albums they always have a classic song or 2. Also I gotta say this, in their prime imo they were the best hip-hop group ever but hey, maybe that's just me.

Okka

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:28 AM »
One of my favorite East Coast groups ever. People sayin' that P fell off but have they checked out "HNIC2"? Goddamn that record was HARD.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 05:16:47 AM »
Put em in there place was a typical mobb deep grimey track as was most of the album not sure how they sold out. But hey everyones got an opinion.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

ikke

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:19:58 AM »
g-unit

2euce 7even

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 05:56:40 AM »
because they signed to G-Unit and made wack album, but Prodigy's solos are solid

yeah esp. the 1st HNIC!