Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - The Reformation . . . . Your Album  (Read 4785 times)

Paul

Re: Bishop Lamont - The Reformation . . . . Your Album
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
thanks for this zip PAUL!!! props!

i am going to throw in "everyday" and "right" and we got a classic!

Right is already in it mate
funkyfreshintheflesh

kuruptlon

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
thanks for this zip PAUL!!! props!

i am going to throw in "everyday" and "right" and we got a classic!

Right is already in it mate

Paul I really appreciate you doing this, I got a lot of bishop stuff but sometimes its hard to navigate through the trash to find the gems. SO glad I got it all in one places....

I can't figure it out is the shit

Paul

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
No problem man,

I cant figure it out is a great track

In my top 5 from last year
funkyfreshintheflesh

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
I've actually been meaning to make a thread like this for awhile but could never quite lock down the songs I would put on it myself, but here goes..

1. It's Bishop [Prod. J. Wells]  I know it's old as hell but it's still one of the only songs where everything works for Bishop. J. Wells Provides a banging beat, Bishops flow is aggresive and the lyrics work.  It's a good introduction to Bishop.

2.My Inheritance [Prod. Focus?]  Another old track but it's a personal favourite, Lays out the state of music on the west coast and states Bishops intention to bring it back.

3.Goatit Ft. Phat Kat & Elzhi  [Prod. Black Milk]  From a technical Standpoint the tightest verse Bishop's ever done (IMO). He goes nuts and to leave this of would be a shame.

4.All I Dream About Ft. Pooh Bear [Prod. Scott Storch] An underrated Bishop song, One of a few Bishop Songs I can dance to and it's not corny, I love Pooh Bear on the hook.

5. Inconvenient Truth Ft. Black Milk [Prod. DJ Khalil] Bishop and Black Milk speaking the truth about the state of hip-hop what's not to like.

6. N*gger [Prod. Diverse]  Goes from complaining about hip-hop to speaking on racism in our day and age, this could be replaced with american dreaming, but i like the verse on this one better and i like how he points out the hypocrisies of using the word.

7.Greatest Trick [Prod. D Porter]  Another track of Bishop speaking on the ills of society. Mr Porter provides a great Instrument and bishops lyrics hit home.  As would others i'd loved this mixed properly.

8.Street Theology [Prod. Mark Batson] How you could have a performer's name like Bishop Lamont and not have a song on your CD that tackles the Church.  Instrumental is a little weak and the subject matter may not be for everyone but i still like it.

9.Hallelujah Ft. Xzibit [Prod. Dr Dre] Continues with the Church feeling from the previous song.

10. Grow Up [Prod. Dr. Dre] Great summertime beat and track.

11. Milf Ft. Wendy Vaughn [Prod. Diverse]  This little known (At least little discussed) song that has long been a personal favourite of mine.  It's his funniest track with some great storytelling and punchlines. Plus Bishop isn't that great at making club dance songs so why not go with something a little different?

12.Everyday [Prod. Diverse] Possibly one of Bishop's most inspiring and sentimental tracks, this song just works.

13.I Allways Knew [Prod. Cool and Dre ] Another Uplifting track. Bishop gets introspective.

14. On Top Now Ft. Black Milk & Stat Quo [Prod. DJ Khalil] braggadocio and tight verses from all three plus the beat bangs.

15. No Stoppin Carson [Prod. Dr. Dre] Ends on a high energy note with a simplistic yet effective Dre beat.

Bonus Tracks.

16. Friends [Prod Hi Tek]

17. It Hurts [Prod. Dready Beats] Love the Keys on the instrumental, Bishop is Meh.

18. I'm a Soldier [Prod. Da Riffs?] Another old favourite track.

I tried to make a cohesive thematic flow for the LP rather than just a collection of songs. I didn't really know where to put milf but it's a personal favourite so it had to go on.  A mix of older and newer songs but i think it works.

dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"

Paul

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 02:39:34 PM »
^^^^ +1

great selection
funkyfreshintheflesh

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 03:11:25 PM »
No problem man,

I cant figure it out is a great track

In my top 5 from last year

Definintely that track never gets old, Bishops released so many dope tracks we could easily make a solid album good work Bishop 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 03:14:09 PM »
13.I Allways Knew [Prod. Cool and Dre ] Another Uplifting track. Bishop gets introspective

Never knew that was Cool And Dre, always loved that song, damn ima have to go make myself a dope Bishop mix :-D

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 04:31:12 PM »
http://rapidshare.com/files/263743655/Bishop.rar.html

1. Halleluja Feat Xzibit
2. Send A Nigga Home
3. If You Dont Know The Code Feat 50 Cent
4. Bitches On My Dick
5. First They Love You Feat Indef & Pr1me
6. Grow Up
7. Right
8. One Night
9. City Lights
10. No Stoppin Carson
11. 4 All My Niggaz Feat Planet Asia, Ya Boy & Mistah Fab
12. On Top Now Feat Stat Quo
13. Cant Figure It Out
14. Africa
15. Anyway Feat Mike Ant

8)

Can anyone re up this plz

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 04:43:49 PM »
13.I Allways Knew [Prod. Cool and Dre ] Another Uplifting track. Bishop gets introspective

Never knew that was Cool And Dre, always loved that song, damn ima have to go make myself a dope Bishop mix :-D

Didn't know either until I checked the Vaults (Shameless Promotions for The Vault) when i posted. I allways go there when i need production credits, I think the Instrumental has been used for others, I know Ras Kass did a song over this beat too.
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »
Here's the one i made after "the confessional" dropped :

1) It's bishop
2) Street theology
3) Grow up
4) No stoppin
5) Feel on it
6) Send a nigga home
7) On top now
8) Fuck your couch
9) First they love you
10) Posted (with glasses)
11) Up and down (was the first official street single about 10 years ago)
12) Hood psalm
13) Caltroit
14) Go at it
15) Inconvenient truth
16) It hurts
17) Gorilla pimpin (DOPE verse from BL)
18) All i ask you (last verse is insane)

Now i would add "Hallelujah" of course.
There are about 10 other tracks which i think are dope album cuts (afrika, cant figure it out, nothing could be better...)

Keep up the good work Bishop, i hope he'll really get that BIG spot on the Detox album to get major exposure. He deserves it.

PS : is the "no country for oldmen" project over ?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:49:44 PM by da chronic »

The D.O.C and

Matty

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »
I've actually been meaning to make a thread like this for awhile but could never quite lock down the songs I would put on it myself, but here goes..

1. It's Bishop [Prod. J. Wells]  I know it's old as hell but it's still one of the only songs where everything works for Bishop. J. Wells Provides a banging beat, Bishops flow is aggresive and the lyrics work.  It's a good introduction to Bishop.

2.My Inheritance [Prod. Focus?]  Another old track but it's a personal favourite, Lays out the state of music on the west coast and states Bishops intention to bring it back.

3.Goatit Ft. Phat Kat & Elzhi  [Prod. Black Milk]  From a technical Standpoint the tightest verse Bishop's ever done (IMO). He goes nuts and to leave this of would be a shame.

4.All I Dream About Ft. Pooh Bear [Prod. Scott Storch] An underrated Bishop song, One of a few Bishop Songs I can dance to and it's not corny, I love Pooh Bear on the hook.

5. Inconvenient Truth Ft. Black Milk [Prod. DJ Khalil] Bishop and Black Milk speaking the truth about the state of hip-hop what's not to like.

6. N*gger [Prod. Diverse]  Goes from complaining about hip-hop to speaking on racism in our day and age, this could be replaced with american dreaming, but i like the verse on this one better and i like how he points out the hypocrisies of using the word.

7.Greatest Trick [Prod. D Porter]  Another track of Bishop speaking on the ills of society. Mr Porter provides a great Instrument and bishops lyrics hit home.  As would others i'd loved this mixed properly.

8.Street Theology [Prod. Mark Batson] How you could have a performer's name like Bishop Lamont and not have a song on your CD that tackles the Church.  Instrumental is a little weak and the subject matter may not be for everyone but i still like it.

9.Hallelujah Ft. Xzibit [Prod. Dr Dre] Continues with the Church feeling from the previous song.

10. Grow Up [Prod. Dr. Dre] Great summertime beat and track.

11. Milf Ft. Wendy Vaughn [Prod. Diverse]  This little known (At least little discussed) song that has long been a personal favourite of mine.  It's his funniest track with some great storytelling and punchlines. Plus Bishop isn't that great at making club dance songs so why not go with something a little different?

12.Everyday [Prod. Diverse] Possibly one of Bishop's most inspiring and sentimental tracks, this song just works.

13.I Allways Knew [Prod. Cool and Dre ] Another Uplifting track. Bishop gets introspective.

14. On Top Now Ft. Black Milk & Stat Quo [Prod. DJ Khalil] braggadocio and tight verses from all three plus the beat bangs.

15. No Stoppin Carson [Prod. Dr. Dre] Ends on a high energy note with a simplistic yet effective Dre beat.

Bonus Tracks.

16. Friends [Prod Hi Tek]

17. It Hurts [Prod. Dready Beats] Love the Keys on the instrumental, Bishop is Meh.

18. I'm a Soldier [Prod. Da Riffs?] Another old favourite track.

I tried to make a cohesive thematic flow for the LP rather than just a collection of songs. I didn't really know where to put milf but it's a personal favourite so it had to go on.  A mix of older and newer songs but i think it works.

Good list! Looks like a real hip-hop selection, most of the corny tracks have been avoided. Plus you chose 'All I Dream About' - easily one of the best album calibre Bishop joints.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:00 PM »
I respect Dr.Dre just for hooking Bishop up with all these dope producers and allowing him to release all this god damn dope material.   But my gut tells me the really dope sounding shit hasn't even been released yet. 

For example, It Hurts leaked and that beat is on another level.  That beat is on some futuristic album shit.  Even the Hallelujah beat sounds weak compared to It Hurts.
not really, if you ask me

he has a point though...Bishop needs to drop ''It Hurts'' mastered, or just even the instrumental is enough for me...it could be my favorite beat ever...it's just on some 2030 shit  8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2009, 05:49:40 PM »
damn it be a double disc album
hes got some bangers for real
any bishop lamont fans on here that know alot bout his muzik tho?
(got some questions)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
any bishop lamont fans on here that know alot bout his muzik tho?
(got some questions)

Ask away, I'm sure this is the thread to ask it in, or PM Action, Paul, Matty, Dre Day, They seems like Bishop Fans,

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
yep, if you need some info i've foloowed most of his interviews and all ..

The D.O.C and