Author Topic: whats so great about jay-z?  (Read 532 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: whats so great about jay-z?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 07:04:17 AM »
Good discography, longevity & I have been a fan since '95/'96...
Makes Jigga one of that last men still standing from a great era.
So I'll say some loyalty is involved aswell. (As a fan)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »
No one in rap has had longevity and been as consistent in releasing music that has garnered a significant audience, both critically and publicly, while making money.    Diddy has been consistent as a business man.  Nas has been, more or less, consistent as an artist of hip-hop but his entrepreneur skills were never like Jay's.   This only matters for an art form like hip-hop because it's rare.  Dr.Dre (in hibernation due to his own fears but at the same time gives a tremendous amount back to hip-hop) and Snoop Dogg (who done fell off) are still around. 

With that said, most of that is bullocks and doesn't matter.  I like Jay for his music.  Particularly, Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, Kingdom Come, and American Gangster.  I wasn't feel the Carter series or Bluperint 2 all that much.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

PLANT

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »
Jay-Z is dope.  He's got a pretty sick catologue of albums and songs over the past decade+....Hes in my top 5, theres not many dudes that can hold it down album for album with Hov IMO

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 07:07:56 PM »
best jay-z songs:

-bring it on
-lobseter n scrimp
-wanted dead or alive

jay-z is MAD over-rated tho
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

ikke

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »
best jay-z songs:

-bring it on
-lobseter n scrimp
-wanted dead or alive

add BK's finest

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
Fuck a jay-z. It was obvious hes not real when he pulled that "im quitting" publicity stunt. Lost all respect for him when he did that shit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:31:04 PM »
best jay-z songs:

-bring it on
-lobseter n scrimp
-wanted dead or alive

add BK's finest

& Dead Presidents.

& the rest of Reasonable Doubt & The Black Album & Blueprint.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 07:34:14 PM »
exactly...jay z is MAD overrated, he is sick had 2 to maybe 3 classic albums which is mad good but hes over doing it now and its kind of ruining his legacy...atleast for me

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
best jay-z songs:

-bring it on
-lobseter n scrimp
-wanted dead or alive

add BK's finest

& Dead Presidents.

& the rest of Reasonable Doubt & The Black Album & Blueprint.

black album and blueprint were wack overall

"brooklyns finest" with biggie was fresh

reasonable doubt is a solid album...not a CLASSIC, but a very solid album.  kind of like chino XL's "here to save you all" - it was one banger away from being a classsic i'd say.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
exactly...jay z is MAD overrated, he is sick had 2 to maybe 3 classic albums which is mad good but hes over doing it now and its kind of ruining his legacy...atleast for me

i'll take a new Jay-Z album, even a Kingdom Come or American Gangster over 90% of the rest of rap.

ikke

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »

i'll take a new Jay-Z album, even a Kingdom Come or American Gangster over 90% of the rest of rap.
hack hates every rapper who is overexposed in the media

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 07:40:32 PM »
the thing is half the ppl who wanna say jay is the goat dont even listen to the dude, they prolly never listened to black album, reasonable doubt, blueprint...they just hear it from people so they cosign

ikke

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
the thing is half the ppl who wanna say jay is the goat dont even listen to the dude, they prolly never listened to black album, reasonable doubt, blueprint...they just hear it from people so they cosign

co-sign jay-z is GOAT

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:48 PM »

nobody is trying to say Jay is the GOAT, well here anyway.

but he has such a legendary disco. & has been a legendary icon in not just rap, but music.

everybody else who came from back in the day gets that bullshit "the impact he made" pass, which improves their legacy, why can't Jay get that?

it's probably because he is the oldest guy left still doing it big on the radio & he is in commercials, etc.

ikke

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 07:46:42 PM »

nobody is trying to say Jay is the GOAT, well here anyway.

but he has such a legendary disco. & has been a legendary icon in not just rap, but music.

everybody else who came from back in the day gets that bullshit "the impact he made" pass, which improves their legacy, why can't Jay get that?

it's probably because he is the oldest guy left still doing it big on the radio & he is in commercials, etc.
very true, alot of artist got legendary status after stopping.