Author Topic: obesity..........your thoughts?????  (Read 3846 times)

Moe

Re: obesity..........your thoughts?????
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »
are people to blame for this?
are they born wit it?
can they lose weight?
your overall thoughts on bein fat and huge

ive been hearin bout this...weight loss this n people are beyond fat for years
(btw accordin to reports, this country has the highest obesity rate in the world)
there was this black female on t.v. defendin fat people sayin fat people do try and lose weight but its not easy
the person on the other side was sayin fat people dont try hard enuff to lose weight...or enuff
some blame wendys, murder king, taco hell etc....

1. yes
2. no (unless they are born into a family of lazy inactive people)
3. yes if they stop being lazy
4. its thier fault. if they stopped being lazy and walked and exercised more the ywouldnt be the way they are.

fat people dont try hard at all.

ikke

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 06:04:52 PM »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
nah ive done research bout this for years
talked to hundreds of people bout it
first reaction i get is....STOP EATIN
i mean if it was that easy,wouldnt they?
what is it bout food that they like so much to become so big? lol
theyre is foundations of all sorts fightin these diseases if it is 1
and then wendys, subway etc...starts postin the grams of fat etc.....
and mickey dees changes their oil and so on

Just google it dont take the conversation of someone who smokes weed all day and lives at his parents with any kind of weight.Just go find some scientific studies about the subject
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »
nah ive done research bout this for years
talked to hundreds of people bout it
first reaction i get is....STOP EATIN
i mean if it was that easy,wouldnt they?
what is it bout food that they like so much to become so big? lol
theyre is foundations of all sorts fightin these diseases if it is 1
and then wendys, subway etc...starts postin the grams of fat etc.....
and mickey dees changes their oil and so on

Just google it dont take the conversation of someone who smokes weed all day and lives at his parents with any kind of weight.Just go find some scientific studies about the subject
I stop eating when I want to lose some weight.
Only dinner

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »
so what bout them, they hit the gym etc..
and they still cant be a reasonable weight after all that work?
does that mean they are meant to be fat and losin weight isnt a option for them?
(considerin they tried)

are people to blame for this?
are they born wit it?
can they lose weight?
your overall thoughts on bein fat and huge

ive been hearin bout this...weight loss this n people are beyond fat for years
(btw accordin to reports, this country has the highest obesity rate in the world)
there was this black female on t.v. defendin fat people sayin fat people do try and lose weight but its not easy
the person on the other side was sayin fat people dont try hard enuff to lose weight...or enuff
some blame wendys, murder king, taco hell etc....

1. yes
2. no (unless they are born into a family of lazy inactive people)
3. yes if they stop being lazy
4. its thier fault. if they stopped being lazy and walked and exercised more the ywouldnt be the way they are.

fat people dont try hard at all.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Jaydc555

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 06:08:02 PM »
A gene variant common in the European population has been discovered that shows the first clear link to obesity, researchers say.

The gene, called FTO, was found by studying the genome of 39,000 white people in the United Kingdom, Finland and Italy who gave blood samples, the team said in Thursday's online issue of the journal Science.

People who had two altered copies of the gene were about three kilograms heavier on average, and had a 70 per cent higher risk of obesity than people with no copies of the gene. Those with one copy had a lesser but still elevated risk of having a higher fat mass.

About 63 per cent of people surveyed had one or two copies of the mutation, and the effects of the gene were seen by age seven, said the researchers, who set out to look for genes that increase susceptibility to Type 2 diabetes.

"Our findings suggest a possible answer to someone who might ask, 'I eat the same and do as much exercise as my friend next door, so why am I fatter?' said Prof. Andrew Hattersley from the Peninsula Medical School in Exeter, England.

"There is clearly a component to obesity that is genetic

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/04/12/obesity-gene.html

ikke

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:15 PM »
If you have thyroïd problems you wont get obese you will just get large

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
A gene variant common in the European population has been discovered that shows the first clear link to obesity, researchers say.

The gene, called FTO, was found by studying the genome of 39,000 white people in the United Kingdom, Finland and Italy who gave blood samples, the team said in Thursday's online issue of the journal Science.

People who had two altered copies of the gene were about three kilograms heavier on average, and had a 70 per cent higher risk of obesity than people with no copies of the gene. Those with one copy had a lesser but still elevated risk of having a higher fat mass.

About 63 per cent of people surveyed had one or two copies of the mutation, and the effects of the gene were seen by age seven, said the researchers, who set out to look for genes that increase susceptibility to Type 2 diabetes.

"Our findings suggest a possible answer to someone who might ask, 'I eat the same and do as much exercise as my friend next door, so why am I fatter?' said Prof. Andrew Hattersley from the Peninsula Medical School in Exeter, England.

"There is clearly a component to obesity that is genetic

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/04/12/obesity-gene.html

the gene makes it easier to be fat........doesnt mean theres no way to help it with self-control LOL

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 06:31:28 PM »
This is my perspective on it:

Losing weight is simple mathematics. If you take in less calories than your body consumes at your current weight, you will lose weight (whether its muscle or fat). There is no getting around that. No excuses. It is what it is.

Now everybody has a different metabolism. This is why we all have different body types and why some people are not meant to be bodybuilders and underwear models. We all got that buddy of ours that eats McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner yet never gains a pound. On the flip side, we have people like myself that if they ate McDonald's once a day for a week, would probably gain 10-15 pounds. Everyone's bodies consumes their food at different rates (and this is due to genetics which would explain why one side of your family may be chubbier than the other) but it is still no excuse. If your metabolism is slower, then you will simply have to eat a cleaner diet and exercise more often.

So why do some people get to the 700 pound mark? Well, look at it like this: how many morbidly obese people you know have a high self-esteem and are doing well in life? It's very rare. People who are morbidly obese usually suffer from depression, lack of self-worth or were victims of abuse. They fill their voids with the satisfaction of being full and consuming food high in calories and fat (which has been proven to have mildly addictive affects in some people genetically). It's not that they can't lose weight, they don't feel like their good enough to turn their lives around. It's more of an emotional problem they suffer and not a thyroid problem or metabolism problem.

And there is a small percentage of people who really can't help being fat, but that is probably 1% of all fat people. And even those people do not have to be obese. ust like almost everyone else, they have to watch what they eat, not just to prevent obesity, but to just stay healthy and live a long productive life.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
aite sik interestin points
but the people that rise to 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000lbs i mean do they have a problem as to or their body tellin them to eat and basically do nuthin but eatin?
as in their body tells them 2 eat and all they know is to eat?
again im not defendin them, but damn its sad to see this happen to people especially if they can be saved or changed

and will this "fat tax" or whatever it is they are tryna pass, hurt them or help them?
Cube

Jaydc555

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 06:57:29 PM »
Ask floydness shes obese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 06:58:55 PM »
nah im not tryna laugh at anyone thats fat or make this a comediac matter but ive always wondered and now alot of people are talkin bout this
and different countries have been studyin it for years
but damn we have the highest rate when it comes to this and debt...lol
Cube

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 07:03:48 PM »
aite sik interestin points
but the people that rise to 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000lbs i mean do they have a problem as to or their body tellin them to eat and basically do nuthin but eatin?
as in their body tells them 2 eat and all they know is to eat?
again im not defendin them, but damn its sad to see this happen to people especially if they can be saved or changed

and will this "fat tax" or whatever it is they are tryna pass, hurt them or help them?

That's how the body works though. For example, if you consume 20,000 calories a day instead of the normal 2,000 calories a day, your body will crave those 20,000 calories. If they take in just half of that then they will feel like they are starving to death. That's the part about dieting that sucks: your body thinks that it is not eating enough. If you stick with the diet long enough, the craving for those extra calories will go away.

Obese and fat people in general who claim they can't lose weight have a lack of will power. They don't stick to the diet long enough for their bodies to adjust. Going on a diet, especially if you have to lose 50 pounds or more, sucks ass because you will be constantly miserable and hungry for weeks to months. If you're not miserable for weeks or months, then you're not doing it right lol.

The fat tax won't do shit unfortunately. Food is an obese person's drug and they'll pay triple if they have to. Another thing is obesity leads to diabetes which is what is really putting a strain on the health care system. To treat diabetes on a nation wide scale is more expensive then heart disease and cancer combined. A hospitals budget goes to mostly treating diabetes. If people took better care of themselves instead of destroying their bodies, then the health care situation in America wouldn't be nearly as bad.

I say if you're morbidly obese you shouldn't be allowed to have health insurance. That may be some incentive to force people to lose weight and keep them from blowing up in size.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
i mean like ive said if they can lose but dont try or dont want to, then damn thats sad
cuz then when they 800lbs they on oprah lookin for help, attention etc....
i mean youve seen the people who are jus the size of a small car....how the fuck can they grow to be so big?
didnt big pun die cuz of his weight?   and if he did how come he didnt last longer or get bigger and then die? lol

these oprahs, montels, dr phils, etc...are fuck faces and lookin for ratings otherwise do they really want to help these big people? 
Cube

Kool Beenz

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:52 PM »
its becuase of fat people in my senior year in high school i only got 5 tator tots and one slice of pizza and couldnt drink fuckin sodas