Author Topic: [Audio] Slaughter House - We Outta Here (off Joe Budden's "Escape Route" album)  (Read 472 times)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!

JohnnyL

OG Hack Wilson

let the haters come in 3....2...1....
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"So tell Officer Crawford that this is Slaughter House & I left the next black president in his daughter's mouth" - Crooked I  :o
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:01:38 PM by pootypooty »

JohnnyL

Track is awesome.  Unfortunately, I think the vocal effects at the beginning of Joe Budden's verse, take away from what is otherwise one of his best Slaughterhouse verses to date.  Ortiz continues to impress.  Before hearing the full track, when that clip was floating around, I thought perhaps Budden was going to take first place on this one.  But after hearing Joell Ortiz's verse, now I'm not so sure. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
WOW, this is sick.

it should have made the album over the phone skits.

Joey & Crooked owned this song & the autotune hook is fresh, i like it. 8)

Joey haters, c'mon, admit that verse was nice lol.

i like how they each were brought into their verses.

Track is awesome.  Unfortunately, I think the vocal effects at the beginning of Joe Budden's verse, take away from what is otherwise one of his best Slaughterhouse verses to date.  Ortiz continues to impress.  Before hearing the full track, when that clip was floating around, I thought perhaps Budden was going to take first place on this one.  But after hearing Joell Ortiz's verse, now I'm not so sure. 

i was feelin' that vocal effect for Joe's verse, i love this song lol. 8)

JohnnyL

WOW, this is sick.

I think it's a cool device, but I wish they had toned it down a notch.  It makes the first little part of Joe's verse a little more difficult to understand.  It's still an amazing verse.  I love his delivery on that one.  I actually think it might be better then any Joe Budden verse on the actual Slaughterhouse album. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WOW, this is sick.

I think it's a cool device, but I wish they had toned it down a notch.  It makes the first little part of Joe's verse a little more difficult to understand.  It's still an amazing verse.  I love his delivery on that one.  I actually think it might be better then any Joe Budden verse on the actual Slaughterhouse album. 

LOL, i was thinking that too; it might have been.

like i said, this should have made the album over one of those wack Phone Calls Skits.

JohnnyL

WOW, this is sick.

like i said, this should have made the album over one of those wack Phone Calls Skits.

Totally agree on that point.  In my view, it's an almost perfect album.  But those phone call skits were pointless.  And they certainly didn't need two of them on an album that's 15 tracks in length.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WOW, this is sick.

Totally agree on that point.  In my view, it's an almost perfect album.  But those phone call skits were pointless.  And they certainly didn't need two of them on an album that's 15 tracks in length.

they're not even funny though; like the Budden skit was funny; but the Phone Calls you can barely understand & they aren't anything humorous; i skip them everytime i bump the album lol.

JohnnyL

WOW, this is sick.

they're not even funny though; like the Budden skit was funny; but the Phone Calls you can barely understand & they aren't anything humorous; i skip them everytime i bump the album lol.

Exactly.  They don't really add anything to the album.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
WOW, this is sick.

Try to name me top-10 of album skits that actually do something to albums.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WOW, this is sick.

Eminem's skits on Relapse set up for the next song; which i like & that album had like 21 songs on it.

the Joe Budden skit kind of set up Cuckoo, but the Phone Calls did shit.

OG Hack Wilson

relapse sucked

the best skit on a cd?  Snoop Doggy Dogg's Doggystyle
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

WOW, this is sick.

Well, you raise a good point that maybe no skits are actually necessary to an album.  But I could name 10 album skits that are at least more germane to their respective albums than the phone call skits on the Slaughterhouse album.  Here's 10 in no particular order:

1. Message to B.A. (NWA "Efil4Zaggin")
2. Diamond Joe's Interlude (Tech N9ne "Absolute Power")
3. Bank Lick Interlude (WC "The Shadiest One")
4. Intro (Notorious B.I.G. "Ready to Die")
5. Intro (2pac "Me Against the World")
6. Mr. Quija (Bone Thugs N' Harmony "Creepin' On Ah Come Up")
7. Muhummad Speaks (MC Ren "The Villain in Black")
8. Ken Kaniff (Eminem "The Slim Shady LP")
9. The Car Bomb (Dr. Dre "2001")
10.Prayer (DMX "It's Dark and Hell is Hot")

I selected these tracks because I felt they either related to the song that immediately followed, or they were part of a recurring theme throughout the entire album.