Author Topic: Joe Budden-Public service Announcement  (Read 1187 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Joe Budden-Public service Announcement
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »
Quote from: Chamillitary Click
3. influence on the game cannot be established in 2009; nobody will ever influence the game. Wayne sold 3 million records, he didn't influence shit; nobody can influence the game; people like you who live in the past will simply not allow that LOL.

Thanks for the props but...

You're going to deny Lil Wayne's influence on the game?  I'm not even a fucking fan but you have to be blind to say he didn't have an influence. Kanye has had a major influence.  50 had and may POSSIBLY still have a major influence.

Everyone has a role and in some way or another provided influence but when people speak of influence on the game they mean on the big level and the fact of the matter is Budden has yet to do that.  One can legitimately say Wu-Tang has had a far greater influence on the rap game than Joe Budden has.  I ain't hating.  Just how it's been so far..

Though, this has nothing to do with the original comment by Budden.  Just disagreeing with your comment...unless you were being sarcastic.

my comment on influence was kind of "hyperbolized", Wayne had an influence on swag & some rappers style of coming up & into the game.

but the main point was that, nobody of today will ever be compared to rappers or albums of yesterday. people like Jrome, won't let that happen.

the rap game was established 20 years ago by those big names of the 90's & people will NEVER allow people today to be mentioned; it's near BLASPHEMY.

so when people say "what influence does Joe Budden hold?", it doesn't matter; what do i care what kind of legacy Joe Budden leads? as long as the music keeps dropping & as long as it's better than the music Wu puts out in the year 2009; i don't give a fuck what was hot in the 90's lol.

Joe Budden never said anything about their old shit, he is talking about today & Wu-Tang still thinks they can run with him; well they really don't because they turned it physical for a reason. ;)
Damn homie what about the 80s(RAKIM,KID AND PLAY,GETO BOYS ect)nigga please..hiphop101 is in need on this sit.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2009, 12:47:27 AM »
It really is as simple as this. Joey has been running off at the mouth for a long time now, at last somebody smacked him like a bitch running her mouth should be smacked. Now hes back running his mouth again. At the end of the day even after he got slapped he had the oppertunity to ask Rae for a fair one on camera and rae would have had to respond to the challenge.

This aint about hip hop or any of that so i dont know why people are trying to make it that. Its about a grown man who has no credible street history talking on other grown men who have credible history. He got stepped to and didnt back up his shit talking...end of.
AAAMEN!!

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2009, 01:14:06 AM »
LOL.

JOE BUDDEN = HYPOCRITE

bez

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2009, 05:09:07 AM »
haha I like the video. Tell it like it is. Whoop!

Paul

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2009, 05:27:07 AM »
heard the whole thing, not really feeling what he's saying.

part of it sounds like he REALLY doesn't want problems with Rae & he wants it to breeze over & the way he will get back at him if he doesn't "Square Dance", he's going to get him jumped? if i'm understanding this.

he should just say he is going to sound off on him on the mic, not a fan of this move. :-\
Well why would you get at someone on wax that had you physically attacked.Sounds like a fair thing joey just wants to fight him one on one.It wont happen though.

because i think everybody, including Joe Budden doesn't see the big picture here.

ALL these problems are because Joe Budden said he is a better rapper; Wu-Tang KNOWS they can't see him on the mic, so Rae went & got physical to try to take the light off of the rapping part of it.

i don't have a problem with Joey fighting Rae & trying to prove he is tougher than Rae says he is; but he has to show that he's tougher & he is a much better rapper by dissing them.

point is, he needs to drop a diss track; even if they scrap.

Joe started this entire thing.  None of this would be happening if it weren't for him running his mouth, and continuing to run his mouth.  Thems the facts.

And you keep saying Wu can't see Joe on the mic?  Please stop saying that shit because it's retarded.  What's Joe's best verse?  What's Joe's best album?  What's been Joe's influence on the game?  Who can pack a house and rock a crowd?  Who's dropped undisputed classic albums? 

1. Joe's best verse today >>> Rae, Meth or Deck
2. Joe's best album of today >>> Rae, Meth or Deck
3. influence on the game cannot be established in 2009; nobody will ever influence the game. Wayne sold 3 million records, he didn't influence shit; nobody can influence the game; people like you who live in the past will simply not allow that LOL.
4. Slaughterhouse can rock a crowd JUST as easily as Wu in 2009.
5. Wu-Tang did.

get out of the past LOL, you're either the biggest Wu-Tang fan or the biggest Joe Budden hater, which one would you like to be referred to as? :laugh:

Bullshit

Why do you feel the need to defend Joe Budden in every single thread, but then have a go at anyone backing wu tang as "Stuck in the past" or "Wu groupies"

I guarentee you OB4CL2 will shit on anything faggot ass Joe Budden will release
funkyfreshintheflesh

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
let me ask you guys something, because you always seem to stray away from my point because it clearly foils anything you have to say.

Jrome, answer me; what is the last TRUE classic album that you would put on the same levels as Me Against The World, Ready To Die or Illmatic or any top classic.

don't give me some bullshit answer; but i gaurentee you that the answer you will think in your head when you read this will be Eminem's album (if you're a fan of him), if you're not a Fan of Eminem, you're thinking of an album before that.

--------------------------------

new point; in COUNTLESS threads people are saying Wu-Tang still can top Budden or Slaughterhouse because "you don't lose lyrical talent" & some just think they are still better, others keep pointing out that they don't have to prove anything because they were the shit in the time where all you had to do was BE in that time & you were the shit LOL.

so the Wu-Groupies or SH-Haters (whichever), you guys need to have some sort of meeting & conclude whether Wu is still better or it doesn't matter (that they're not) because they were the shit back in the day; it can't work both ways to BS your argument so Wu-Tang pervails over the most hated rapper in hip-hop LOL.

Slaughterhouse album in 1994 is an undisputed classic & that goes undisputed LOL.

--------------------------------

for Pauly above me; why don't you explain where i was wrong instead of saying "bullshit"? very vauge.

it's not even defending Joey anymore, it's defending common sense; someone makes a point on Joey or Slaughterhouse being a step ahead of Wu-Tang today & the response is just "NO NO NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE, THEY SUCK! WU-TANG MADE GREAT CDS IN THE 90'S!"

all points made by a Budden/Slaughterhouse fan are dismissed, the ENTIRE point is gone because it downgrades Wu & upgrades SH.

don't mean to single you out, because it's more than just you; but look at what you said...

"bullshit" & went on talking about me & not the topic at hand.

also went on to OB4CL2 (which i am anticiapting, i don't hate Wu LMAO), the 14 year old sequel to a classic after countless tracks not even talked about; it's called marketing; to make people believe it's going to be on the same level as the original (ala BLACKOUT 2 ;)).

to bring up other times when people just dismiss things said, i brought up a point in another post & i said rap was established 20 years ago (was a MINOR detail to prove a point) & the responses were just like "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? IT WAS MORE THAN 20 YEARS AGO". even thought if you asked ANYBODY on this board to name 20 classics, 18 of them would be from 1988-2000; that's fact.

Paul

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »
cool man, i see your point

I was sayin bullshit at you sayin Joey is better than Rae/Meth etc, caus e i genuinly dont thinks hes on the same level, even today
funkyfreshintheflesh

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2009, 12:28:55 PM »
Are you saying that some music made in the 90s is only held in a classic status because its from the 90s? Thats ignorant, there was wack shit too in that age.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

'EclipZe

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »
basically, these are grown men trying to act hard

it looks pathetic on both parts

so true, just make music.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »

I was sayin bullshit at you sayin Joey is better than Rae/Meth etc, caus e i genuinly dont thinks hes on the same level, even today

i respect your opinion, but disagree.

Are you saying that some music made in the 90s is only held in a classic status because its from the 90s? Thats ignorant, there was wack shit too in that age.

not all music their is DEFINATLY songs that gain a higher stature because they were made in the 90's opposed to if they were mad today.

songs in the 90's that are "4-4.5/5" would be concidered 3/5 today.

the internet ruined rap, everybody and their mother gives an opinon & then 1,000 people bandwagon that opinon without an individual thought of their own.

great albums of today would be undisputed classics if made in 1997.

Okka

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
I hope this shit don't get out of hand. They was on the West Coast and Crooked called his people there but what gonna happen when they performin' in the East Coast?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2009, 02:11:43 PM »
I hope this shit don't get out of hand. They was on the West Coast and Crooked called his people there but what gonna happen when they performin' in the East Coast?

Crooked & his homies are goin' on a road trip. :P

i really hope this doesn't get physical.

i never liked the whole "you fuck with me, you fuck with my 1000 goons".

it should always be a one on one; Rae looked so pussy with 5 guys around him, that's why if it stay physical i hope Joe & Rae just scrap 1 on 1 & then make some diss tracks.

that's all i wanted out of this beef from the start with Meth; just diss tracks. :-\

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 05:18:08 AM »

i respect your opinion, but disagree.

not all music their is DEFINATLY songs that gain a higher stature because they were made in the 90's opposed to if they were mad today.

songs in the 90's that are "4-4.5/5" would be concidered 3/5 today.

the internet ruined rap, everybody and their mother gives an opinon & then 1,000 people bandwagon that opinon without an individual thought of their own.

great albums of today would be undisputed classics if made in 1997.

well I dunno about that.. but its cool if your feeling music these days that much :) Tho I gotta agree that there have been some dope albums droppin all the time. I've Liked Devin the Dudes albums (all of them - well haven't listened to landing gear yet), Relapse, Chamillionaires albums have been very good, even snoop dropped some decent albums (Blue Carpet Treatment & Ego Trippin), Scarface - Emeritus, Method Man - 4:21 The Day After, WC - Guilty by Affiliation, 50's GRODT is maybe a classic for me, the first G-Unit album was dope (I haven't even listened to TOS lol), Saigon's All in a Days Work + all of these minor releases: Tangled Thoughts, Clinton Wayne... Theres really too many to mention :) maybe in 2015 well be talking about how some of these albums are classic. But I still feel that the time period 90-99' has more dope albums.

Right now I'm checking out The Lonely Islands album (funny shit ;D)  and next in line is Escape Route. I haven't really even listened to many different artists nowadays, so there must be more good shit out there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:41:23 AM by meecca »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10:23 AM »
^i feel what you're sayin' & i agree that more dope albums were made in from '90-'99, but their has been been tons of dope & even some classic music within the last 10 years.

but i feel if you were talking about a 4/5 album from the 90's or a 4.5-5/5 album of today; the 90's album would get the praise.

but like you said, maybe in 10 years from now we'll say some albums of today are undisputed classics.

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »
^i feel what you're sayin' & i agree that more dope albums were made in from '90-'99, but their has been been tons of dope & even some classic music within the last 10 years.

but i feel if you were talking about a 4/5 album from the 90's or a 4.5-5/5 album of today; the 90's album would get the praise.

but like you said, maybe in 10 years from now we'll say some albums of today are undisputed classics.

Yeah well, nostalgia is a son of a bitch. I kinda feel what you're saying, because I haven't really listened to 2Pac and the best hits collection my friend gave me didn't make me impressed.. Though I did like some of the songs very much. 2Pac catalogue is on my looong list for shit to check out someday :D

But If you think that the overall quality of Hip Hop hasn't decreased since the 90s, compare the singles. What are the hit singles of today and what were they 10+ years ago? Songs like "Getting jiggy with it" "Let Me Ride" and many more really are good songs.. Nowadays the hit singles are most of the time straight bullshit. What changed? Damn..