Poll

Do people from the bay area all talk the same?

Everyone from the bay uses the same slang
3 (30%)
What is the bay area?
3 (30%)
I'm from the bay and me an my friends all talk alike
2 (20%)
I am also annoyed by baydestrians when they use the same words over and over
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Do people from the bay area all talk the same?  (Read 583 times)

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Cold Hearted Son Of A Bitch
Do people from the bay area all talk the same?
« on: August 10, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
So i have a pretty close friend who is from the bay that lived in NY for a few years, and i just recently met my little cousins boyfriend who is also from the bay area. And now that i know only 2 people from the bay area who are young(er), i feel it's safe to come to the conclusion that ALL PEOPLE FROM THE BAY USE THE SAME WORDS OVER AND OVER....things like..

HELLA
F'SHO
THATS DOPE/TIGHT/CHRONIC

I can't even think of the other ones but when i heard my cousins boyfriend talk all i could think of was wow he sounds EXACTLY like my friend. Does arnold swartz need to raise taxes in california to give everyone from the bay area a dictionary???

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Do people from the bay area all talk the same?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:49:07 PM »
the bay=hella stupid many, shabubalabubi

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »
when i went there every1 seems to talk normal, but when couple of the homies got locked up for a lil while we were there they said all the hispanics say nigga and such.

but the bay is dope, nothing like LA its like a real city over there its real nice and cool.

u wouldnt get a southsider caught dead sayin nigga casually

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
I automatically hate people who use the world hella. I can't help it. Other than a good number of the people, the Bay is alright in my book.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »
I used to use a lot more slang than i do these days...when i hung out with my friend from the bay i stole some bay slang...only cause i thought it was cool to use around where im at cause no one really knows of it. Then in college my roomate was from harlem and i took some of his slang and mixed it with bay shit...But now im really just trying to stop using most slang..and talk proper like the fine white gentlemen i am(lol). Only word i find really hard to stop using is HELLA... damn i say hella hella much.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
^damn i should edit that lol  ::) But yeah, i can't really help it, i hung out with my friend from the bay for like 3 years straight an made a lot of music together, and thats the only word that really stuck in my head. I just feel weird using other words to describe a lot of something like..... i have a lot of money...i have mad money....i have a bunch of money...nah...I GOTS HELLA MONEY YO LULLLZ

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2009, 06:00:49 PM »
I used to use a lot more slang than i do these days...when i hung out with my friend from the bay i stole some bay slang...only cause i thought it was cool to use around where im at cause no one really knows of it. Then in college my roomate was from harlem and i took some of his slang and mixed it with bay shit...But now im really just trying to stop using most slang..and talk proper like the fine white gentlemen i am(lol). Only word i find really hard to stop using is HELLA... damn i say hella hella much.

lol wouldnt u just say fuking instead of hella? like its fucking boring, fucking hot, thats fuckiing bomb, im fucking faded, im fucking drunk, im fucking sick

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 06:03:03 PM »
I guess 'hella' is just a word that stuck with me and probably the only bay slang word that was introduced to me that i really liked. Besides the other overly goofy shit like yadadamean?

Jaydc555

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »
When i hear hella all i can think of is cartman from south park he always says it

ikke

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
When i hear hella all i can think of is cartman from south park he always says it
same here

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
^ LOL, foreigners

Þŕiņçë

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »
I also like saying hella because when i meet new people and they hear me say hella they ask "Are you from the bay area?" And then i sigh and say, no, i am from central new york.  :boohoo:

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »
lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 10:31:48 PM »
I automatically hate people who use the world hella. I can't help it. Other than a good number of the people, the Bay is alright in my book.
seattle... its like that too the word hella is over used

Cali Climate

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »
being from northern california and saying hella is like being from the south and saying yall. as for all the really abstract slang, no white kids talked like that until mac dre died and it became cool to act like him.