Author Topic: Daz Dillinger - Public Enemiez [2009] [Discussion Thread]  (Read 2939 times)

Matty

Re: Daz Dillinger - Public Enemiez [2009] [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 05:42:16 PM »
i don't really understand the praising :eh:

daz should still be capable of dropping a really good album again. this aint really it, but its certainly not bad. some nice moments in production and daz meshing in well with the laid back beats. i think the slow tempo stuff was a little bit over-done, would have liked to have heard a couple more upbeat cuts.

on a first listen the most enjoyable track was probably 'my #1 girl' 8)
oh really, based on what?

based on some of the better tracks daz has been dropping over the past few years. it's always the case, but you could definitely make a really good lp from cutting up his last 3/4 albums. maybe not gangsta crunk though ;D

i give him credit for actually releasing music. people think the west coast needs fresh stars and it does, but from quik and kurupt, to daz, to ice cube, its only the vets that have actually dropped anything in recent times. you can only wait so long for these 'new' dudes to put out music and now its beyond ridicolous. where are glasses malone and bishop lamont's albums?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:45:34 PM by Matty »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 05:46:35 PM »
Going to pop this in and bump it for a bit and drop my cents in a few

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »
Imma Chi-town nigga, and Imma say it my favorite track is Munchies for your Love. That joint sound like the classic Chitown sound I grew up on. Every now and then Daz get that rapid Midwest flow. If you reading this Daz, hook up wit Twista for the remix. That shit will get much play out here in Chi! 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 12:39:09 AM »
i don't really understand the praising :eh:

daz should still be capable of dropping a really good album again. this aint really it, but its certainly not bad. some nice moments in production and daz meshing in well with the laid back beats. i think the slow tempo stuff was a little bit over-done, would have liked to have heard a couple more upbeat cuts.

on a first listen the most enjoyable track was probably 'my #1 girl' 8)
oh really, based on what?

based on some of the better tracks daz has been dropping over the past few years. it's always the case, but you could definitely make a really good lp from cutting up his last 3/4 albums. maybe not gangsta crunk though ;D

i give him credit for actually releasing music. people think the west coast needs fresh stars and it does, but from quik and kurupt, to daz, to ice cube, its only the vets that have actually dropped anything in recent times. you can only wait so long for these 'new' dudes to put out music and now its beyond ridicolous. where are glasses malone and bishop lamont's albums?
right, as if Daz can stick to one musical direction for the whole album :laugh:
sure, you can make your own Daz album, but you can do the same with Snoop Dogg, by picking songs from his last 4 albums, but that doesn't mean he can make a great soloalbum.

anyway, i see your point about releasing music, but the thing is with most people on here, they only listen to a few artists.
that's cool, except for the fact that they are usually the ones that complain about the state of hiphop.

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 05:25:43 AM »
why cant i find tihs album on amazon? can somebody pm link of this album please?
 cant find it on amazon

Okka

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 05:50:46 AM »
you can only wait so long for these 'new' dudes to put out music and now its beyond ridicolous. where are glasses malone and bishop lamont's albums?

Yeah, true that. I hope the same shit don't happen with Nipsey Hu$$le.

Going to pop this in and bump it for a bit and drop my cents in a few

Nice, lookin' forward to your review homie.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2009, 06:09:36 AM »
why cant i find tihs album on amazon? can somebody pm link of this album please?
 cant find it on amazon
album is only available on itunes at the moment.
at the end of the month, the cd will be released in cd format.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:17 AM »

muthafuckin co-sign!!  8)

WTF!!  :'(
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2009, 09:42:17 AM »
After a couple of listens I enjoy it. I don't think it is on a level of DPG LP or even SSG but it is a upgrade slightly from Only On The Left Side. I can definitely hear Daz taking his time on tracks and songs having direction and a concept to them. Life Stagez is dope and Tell Me What You Got also. Those are still my favs even since they were dropped.

I read alot of opinions on DPGC at this stage of their careers and for me I do not expect anything from them. I know I am not going to get some DR shit, I might get a DPGC member feature here and there. As long as they are making music that I can enjoy, I am satisfied. I really believe that they make better music together then apart. Wu Tang for the most part when they do solo projects do not do them on their own. Not to say you want a compilation of songs with 8 MCs on every song, but for DPGC when they collabo it works.

Maybe it is just me thinking this, but the Ivan Johnson/Daz combo has lost some quality and momentum a lil bit with the production since Same Day Different Shit. At times the tracks just do not knock like a typical Daz track or one he does with Soopafly. I understand the more mellow tone of this album but at times the beats sound very hollow and basic. When Daz teams with Soopa or Fred Wreck for example, the beats are layered better and the bass is THUMPING. Next album I would not mind seeing some DPGC collabos on it, but overall, this is a solid, more focused project from Daz.

sav

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2009, 01:21:31 PM »
My only complain is the sound quality of the acappella on "Tear Drops".  :rant:

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
My only complain is the sound quality of the acappella on "Tear Drops".  :rant:

Just take the audio from the video version then, it's the original and way better.

Matty

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2009, 02:47:25 PM »
is it just me or does 'tell me what you got' got faaaar too much boomy bass. ends up sounding like a fast crunk track and not a west coast banger.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »
Daz surprised me on this one...the album is pretty dope.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2009, 06:51:53 PM »
Daz surprised me on this one...the album is pretty dope.

it is a solid album for sure... the Low screwed voice is only thing that kinda gets over used. but otherwise solid album... NOW IF HE WOULD PUT IT OUT ON CD so i can buy it!!!!

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
Will cop it when the hard copies will get released