Author Topic: Joe Budden - Escape Route - Discussion Thread  (Read 2460 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: --Joe Budden - Escape Route - Discussion Thread--
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »
About halfway through it.
Dope sofar...

Anyone else notice how The Slaughter's are all starting to sound alike?
(I can hear all their flows on certain tracks)

Defo a good thing, Not mad at that.

EDIT: Just finished the entire album I must say!!!  8)
I like it, Will defo be spinning this for a while.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:05:11 PM by Hatesrats™ »

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
that Requiem for a Dream sample in Intro is dope 8)

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »
that Requiem for a Dream sample in Intro is dope 8)

could be the best cut off the album lol.

not dissing the album at all, but the Intro is just so sick lyrically & "beatally". ;D

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
Cham Click, that's a really stupid comment by you.

Seriously, I'm listening to music.  I'm not just listening to Budden rapping.  He could just write poetry instead if that's all there was to it.  

Complaints about the sound of the music are legitimate unless they're absurd.  If a drum sounds like tin cans when they should sound like an explosion, it's bad.  That's not a good thing.

Now it seems I'm saying budden's padded room was complete trash which i'm not but it sounds very much like an underground release.  I mean the perfect example is comparing the same tracks Maino used.  His beats sounded that much better because they were properly mixed and mastered.

There is a way to sound deliberate dirty and grimy without sounding like it was poorly mixed and mastered.  

it's never been so bad or so blatantly obvious i said to myself "wow, that's fucking terrible".

that's all, i don't think it's a make or break the album type of thing, unless it's hands down AWFUL, which i don't believe it is.

matter of opinion.

Yeah, yeah.  It took me a while to adjust to Budden's music.   When I hear a remix by Kickdrums and then compare it to his og work, I end up shaking my head.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 06:20:47 PM »
here's a somewhat mastered version by a fan, it's a smaller file size but already sounds somewhat better

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L7CCBYXV
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
ER > HH > PR

This is what Mood Muzik 3 shoulda been...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »
ER > HH > PR

that's a strong claim; i really respect that opinon though.

Joe sounds angry on almost every track, givin' real substance here.

definatly better than Halfway House, but i was on the fence about it being better than Padded Room.

i've bumped it four times already today, bumping it again as i type lol; a few more spins & we might have a clear cut winner here. :P

is it just me or is the Intro out of this world compared to most rap? :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 08:10:56 PM »
ER > HH > PR

definatly better than Halfway House, but i was on the fence about it being better than Padded Room.

i've bumped it four times already today, bumping it again as i type lol; a few more spins & we might have a clear cut winner here. :P

Lol yeah basically..  I love whenever that song is sampled.. 

If you take away the last 3 tracks, (2 of them bonuses) I can listen to this all the way through..  This is the kinda music I want from Joe.  No long ass tracks either...  I think what you said about Joe being hungry on every track makes this better than PR.  Some of the songs were good, but the rest I didn't get the energy I wanted..  I heard Joe is gonna remaster this??  So I won't comment on the mastering..

Good shit.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »
ER > HH > PR

Lol yeah basically..  I love whenever that song is sampled.. 

If you take away the last 3 tracks, (2 of them bonuses) I can listen to this all the way through..  This is the kinda music I want from Joe.  No long ass tracks either...  I think what you said about Joe being hungry on every track makes this better than PR.  Some of the songs were good, but the rest I didn't get the energy I wanted..  I heard Joe is gonna remaster this??  So I won't comment on the mastering..

Good shit.

my only true complaint is that Anti was hyped up to be this huge song & it was about a verse of something new & the rest was word for word from his Death of Autotune Freestyle. :-\

i didn't hear about him remastering it, but i'll definatly give that a peep to see if i hear any major improvments in sound.

my thing is, he's getting better with each release; i can only imagine what Great Escape is going to be. :o

he's drawn a model for how i want it to sound with this disc; i just want a little something more & for it to drop this year (not happening). :P

if it were to make a late Decemeber release though, that would be four albums dropped by Joey in one year, including the Slaughterhouse album. :o

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »
Yeah, he's putting in work, but not Lil Wayning it either.. 

It really shows that Joe should be on a major..  If he had the budget at his disposal to get the equipment/producers...  Imagine some of these beats mastered so much better, and maybe live instrumentation added to them..  His vocals sounding crystal clear..   Self-titled had 3 gems, and where he's at now with his songwriting, I bet he could put out a real good album the second time around.

Until then, or if that doesn't happen, I'm more than happy with these type of releases.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2009, 08:57:47 PM »

It really shows that Joe should be on a major..  If he had the budget at his disposal to get the equipment/producers...  Imagine some of these beats mastered so much better, and maybe live instrumentation added to them..  His vocals sounding crystal clear..   Self-titled had 3 gems, and where he's at now with his songwriting, I bet he could put out a real good album the second time around.

Until then, or if that doesn't happen, I'm more than happy with these type of releases.

co-sign the entire statement. 8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »

he got live instruments on great escape...gunna sound sick

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 09:07:31 PM »

co-sign the entire statement. 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 09:42:53 PM »
I agree with all the opinions expressed.  He deserves to have the funding of a major label.  It seems he got blackballed due to Jay-Z.

I got into this lame ass argument with a Game stan about how Game doesn't have the right to diss Jay-Z unlike someone like Budden who's career got fucked over sideways for a minute.  Yet, Budden still gives Jay his props where as a bitch ass lame like Game just disses him.  I hate that mutherfucka.

I keep saying this but I expect the Great Escape to be the bomb.   Budden's masterpiece till date.  If it's not, if it's anything less than amazing I will be disappointed.  From the sound of it, he'll be fucking with some dope producers which is what he's been missing.

He just needs to make a hot single.   A lot of his fans will probably look down on that statement but boy needs a song that he can present to the world.  If I had to choose a single for Escape Route it would be Freight Train. 

I want a track of just him and Joell trading verses like the minor glimpse we got to see on The One.
- Banks

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
I agree with all the opinions expressed.  He deserves to have the funding of a major label.  It seems he got blackballed due to Jay-Z.

I got into this lame ass argument with a Game stan about how Game doesn't have the right to diss Jay-Z unlike someone like Budden who's career got fucked over sideways for a minute.  Yet, Budden still gives Jay his props where as a bitch ass lame like Game just disses him.  I hate that mutherfucka.

I keep saying this but I expect the Great Escape to be the bomb.   Budden's masterpiece till date.  If it's not, if it's anything less than amazing I will be disappointed.  From the sound of it, he'll be fucking with some dope producers which is what he's been missing.

He just needs to make a hot single.   A lot of his fans will probably look down on that statement but boy needs a song that he can present to the world.  If I had to choose a single for Escape Route it would be Freight Train. 

I want a track of just him and Joell trading verses like the minor glimpse we got to see on The One.
listen to modern warfare...him n joell at there finest