Author Topic: Joe Budden and 50 cent lead hottest mc in the game poll (mtv)  (Read 943 times)

The Overfiend

Re: Joe Budden and 50 cent lead hottest mc in the game poll (mtv)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »
I was talking to some highschool kids today (no pedo) and they was all saying how they like 50 Cent. Its mostly kids, not hip-hop heads, who decide these polls.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »
I was talking to some highschool kids today (no pedo) and they was all saying how they like 50 Cent. Its mostly kids, not hip-hop heads, who decide these polls.

well it has to be some mainstream twist to a poll like this, it's MTV.

i'm not saying 50 should be on it at all; but Wu fans laugh at Joey not having fans, while he won a basic popularity contest here. ;D

Matty

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
the 50 cent part was probably fixed cause he is supposed to have an album out soon. then again, his thisis50 site gets a huge amount of traffic from all the mindless goons.

The Overfiend

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »

i'm not saying 50 should be on it at all; but Wu fans laugh at Joey not having fans, while he won a basic popularity contest here. ;D

The thing that pissed people off was the lack of respect shown. Wu-tang are legends in the game, now why should they be stooping below their level and battling or square dancing with any young upstart nipping at the heels out to get publicity. You gotta pay your dues and respect your elders even in hip-hop, its just common sense and shows you respect the hip-hop culture as well. The so called 'apology' by Joe Budden warranted a follow-up by Raekwon, and the Chef is a don, of course he's not gonna put hands on personally, its stupid and irrational that it happened, but fuck he should just learn to watch what he says about the Wu-tang or else stupid and irrational things happen. Wu-tang used to be even much more...menacing... like they used beat up journalists for making them look bad in articles and such... 

Dosn't mean I don't like Joe buddens music, the Slaughterhouse album was good. I can imagine Buddens having lots of fans, especially with his Joe Budden TV its a smart business move and helps consolidate his internet following, expecially when most of these polls and such are taken on the internet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 05:29:54 PM »

The thing that pissed people off was the lack of respect shown. Wu-tang are legends in the game, now why should they be stooping below their level and battling or square dancing with any young upstart nipping at the heels out to get publicity. You gotta pay your dues and respect your elders even in hip-hop, its just common sense and shows you respect the hip-hop culture as well. The so called 'apology' by Joe Budden warranted a follow-up by Raekwon, and the Chef is a don, of course he's not gonna put hands on personally, its stupid and irrational that it happened, but fuck he should just learn to watch what he says about the Wu-tang or else stupid and irrational things happen. Wu-tang used to be even much more...menacing... like they used beat up journalists for making them look bad in articles and such... 

Dosn't mean I don't like Joe buddens music, the Slaughterhouse album was good. I can imagine Buddens having lots of fans, especially with his Joe Budden TV its a smart business move and helps consolidate his internet following, expecially when most of these polls and such are taken on the internet.

the Rae thing was him fucking up, not understanding the situation.

he got tight over a video Budden made before him & Meth even made peace.

Joe ain't that young himself, neither is Crooked or Royce.

they just don't have the legendary status to the name.

i feel what you're saying if Slaughterhouse was four, fresh in the game rappers looking for attention.

but these guys have been around, paid their dues in their time; they deserve some respect, in my opinon.

that's just my take on it.

ikke

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:38 PM »
if you're no pedo then why did you grab my ass :'(

The Overfiend

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 07:24:15 PM »
if you're no pedo then why did you grab my ass :'(

Because I was checking your temperature. Can't be too careful with all them swine flus goin around.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
In my mind anyone can go after anyone.  The person that ulitmately judges if the first diss matters is the person the diss is directed at.  For example, Game and Jay-Z.  Jay is paying no mind to Game and so it doesn't matter.

Method Man and crew could have just ignored everything because someone is always talking.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Cali Climate

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 11:28:22 PM »
fucking mtv

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
I blame Europe.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Kool Beenz

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »

i feel what you're saying if Slaughterhouse was four, fresh in the game rappers looking for attention.

but these guys have been around, paid their dues in their time; they deserve some respect, in my opinon.

Well, I can't really say someone is a legend and need more respect if he has been in the game 10-20 years and has no album out.. And even if they do need respect, are they gonna get it by disrespecting the ones that paved the way?

And btw I visited that site again today to check the situation and I could vote again.. + I heard some people had a script to vote again and again so that poll is kinda fucked. They should do a street poll - that would represent the reality better.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:38:01 AM by meecca »
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

ikke

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:37:57 AM »
I blame Europe.
yes fuck europe 8)
My country pays the most in the EU yet we're like the smallest country here <_<

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:46 AM »

Well, I can't really say someone is a legend and need more respect if he has been in the game 10-20 years and has no album out.. And even if they do need respect, are they gonna get it by disrespecting the ones that paved the way?

And btw I visited that site again today to check the situation and I could vote again.. + I heard some people had a script to vote again and again so that poll is kinda fucked. They should do a street poll - that would represent the reality better.

well, i tried to say in another thread that Wu was paving the way & all those rappers in that ERA 1988-1994; but NOOOOO, people came in & said "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? IT STARTED WAY BACK IN THE LATE 70'S!"

so basically people are trying to say that Wu-Tang paved the way 15 years after rap "really" began; i don't agree with it, but that's the word.

anyway, i agree that a street poll would be better; but if you include the vote of 12-13 year olds; i wouldn't say Wu would win in a landslide.