Author Topic: Joe Budden and 50 cent lead hottest mc in the game poll (mtv)  (Read 942 times)

meecca

• 'G'
Re: Joe Budden and 50 cent lead hottest mc in the game poll (mtv)
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:39 PM »
I was talking to some highschool kids today (no pedo) and they was all saying how they like 50 Cent. Its mostly kids, not hip-hop heads, who decide these polls.

well it has to be some mainstream twist to a poll like this, it's MTV.

i'm not saying 50 should be on it at all; but Wu fans laugh at Joey not having fans, while he won a basic popularity contest here. ;D

The thing that pissed people off was the lack of respect shown. Wu-tang are legends in the game, now why should they be stooping below their level and battling or square dancing with any young upstart nipping at the heels out to get publicity. You gotta pay your dues and respect your elders even in hip-hop, its just common sense and shows you respect the hip-hop culture as well. The so called 'apology' by Joe Budden warranted a follow-up by Raekwon, and the Chef is a don, of course he's not gonna put hands on personally, its stupid and irrational that it happened, but fuck he should just learn to watch what he says about the Wu-tang or else stupid and irrational things happen. Wu-tang used to be even much more...menacing... like they used beat up journalists for making them look bad in articles and such...  

Dosn't mean I don't like Joe buddens music, the Slaughterhouse album was good. I can imagine Buddens having lots of fans, especially with his Joe Budden TV its a smart business move and helps consolidate his internet following, expecially when most of these polls and such are taken on the internet.

the Rae thing was him fucking up, not understanding the situation.

he got tight over a video Budden made before him & Meth even made peace.

Joe ain't that young himself, neither is Crooked or Royce.

they just don't have the legendary status to the name.

i feel what you're saying if Slaughterhouse was four, fresh in the game rappers looking for attention.

but these guys have been around, paid their dues in their time; they deserve some respect, in my opinon.

that's just my take on it.

Well, I can't really say someone is a legend and need more respect if he has been in the game 10-20 years and has no album out.. And even if they do need respect, are they gonna get it by disrespecting the ones that paved the way?

And btw I visited that site again today to check the situation and I could vote again.. + I heard some people had a script to vote again and again so that poll is kinda fucked. They should do a street poll - that would represent the reality better.

well, i tried to say in another thread that Wu was paving the way & all those rappers in that ERA 1988-1994; but NOOOOO, people came in & said "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? IT STARTED WAY BACK IN THE LATE 70'S!"

so basically people are trying to say that Wu-Tang paved the way 15 years after rap "really" began; i don't agree with it, but that's the word.

anyway, i agree that a street poll would be better; but if you include the vote of 12-13 year olds; i wouldn't say Wu would win in a landslide.

Neither would anyone else than drake, wayne and 50 haha :D

I didn't mean by "paving the way" that Wu started the rap genre, I just meant they paid their dues, made classic music and brought hip hop to a broader audience. You know how those dudes you'd never think would listen to Hip Hop say "Oh Wu-Tang Clan, they're good". They made a big impact in the 90s and you know how they were on Dave Chappelle chanting "Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with" haha that was classic - even though I didn't even listen to the Wu when Chappelle aired.
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

ikke

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
I was talking to some highschool kids today (no pedo) and they was all saying how they like 50 Cent. Its mostly kids, not hip-hop heads, who decide these polls.

well it has to be some mainstream twist to a poll like this, it's MTV.

i'm not saying 50 should be on it at all; but Wu fans laugh at Joey not having fans, while he won a basic popularity contest here. ;D

The thing that pissed people off was the lack of respect shown. Wu-tang are legends in the game, now why should they be stooping below their level and battling or square dancing with any young upstart nipping at the heels out to get publicity. You gotta pay your dues and respect your elders even in hip-hop, its just common sense and shows you respect the hip-hop culture as well. The so called 'apology' by Joe Budden warranted a follow-up by Raekwon, and the Chef is a don, of course he's not gonna put hands on personally, its stupid and irrational that it happened, but fuck he should just learn to watch what he says about the Wu-tang or else stupid and irrational things happen. Wu-tang used to be even much more...menacing... like they used beat up journalists for making them look bad in articles and such...  

Dosn't mean I don't like Joe buddens music, the Slaughterhouse album was good. I can imagine Buddens having lots of fans, especially with his Joe Budden TV its a smart business move and helps consolidate his internet following, expecially when most of these polls and such are taken on the internet.

the Rae thing was him fucking up, not understanding the situation.

he got tight over a video Budden made before him & Meth even made peace.

Joe ain't that young himself, neither is Crooked or Royce.

they just don't have the legendary status to the name.

i feel what you're saying if Slaughterhouse was four, fresh in the game rappers looking for attention.

but these guys have been around, paid their dues in their time; they deserve some respect, in my opinon.

that's just my take on it.

Well, I can't really say someone is a legend and need more respect if he has been in the game 10-20 years and has no album out.. And even if they do need respect, are they gonna get it by disrespecting the ones that paved the way?

And btw I visited that site again today to check the situation and I could vote again.. + I heard some people had a script to vote again and again so that poll is kinda fucked. They should do a street poll - that would represent the reality better.

well, i tried to say in another thread that Wu was paving the way & all those rappers in that ERA 1988-1994; but NOOOOO, people came in & said "WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? IT STARTED WAY BACK IN THE LATE 70'S!"

so basically people are trying to say that Wu-Tang paved the way 15 years after rap "really" began; i don't agree with it, but that's the word.

anyway, i agree that a street poll would be better; but if you include the vote of 12-13 year olds; i wouldn't say Wu would win in a landslide.
Wu Started that hard core shit.
And without OB4CL mafioso rap would never developed any further then Kool G Rap.
So without that album Rick ross wouldn't exist, so it's BS that Wu didn't pave the way.

MediumL

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
If you don't understand Wus impact on hip hop you should shout yourself  :laugh:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Stinger

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 04:33:46 PM »
This is rigged.  I'm a 50 fan and even I wouldn't put him on top in 09.  What did he drop thats keeping him hot??? Two mixtapes???

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
If you don't understand Wus impact on hip hop you should shout yourself  :laugh:

i hope that isn't aimed at me lmao, if so you're just not reading correctly. :laugh:

rap from 1988-1996 was so much different than "rap" from 1978-1986"; i think Wu, Nas, Dre, Pac & the rest of that crew really got that shit rolling to what it became.