Author Topic: Slaughterhouse discussion thread  (Read 3380 times)

meecca

• 'G'
Re: No Slaughterhouse album dropped today thread ????
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 05:22:43 AM »
Yeah I haven't listened to it yet. Gonna cop it the same day I'll get OB4CL2 and the new beastie boys album, if it really is dropping in september. I bought 24 albums last month so Im not in a hurry to get to this :D
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 05:23:17 AM »
It's gonna be out on the 14th in Germany, so two more days for me. Didn't D/L it so I didn't hear anything off the album. Will be the first album to buy in years.
I ordered it from HHV, and got it today (live in Denmark)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Fraxxx

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 05:45:06 AM »
It's gonna be out on the 14th in Germany, so two more days for me. Didn't D/L it so I didn't hear anything off the album. Will be the first album to buy in years.
I ordered it from HHV, and got it today (live in Denmark)

I hope I can buy it from the store. They better have it then.  ;D
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Jaydc555

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2009, 05:49:24 AM »
37 threads on the budden an wu beef but no actual thread on the music lmfao.  So who copped this album today ?  I copped it on my lunch break and have listened to it a few times through..... my faith in hip hop has been restored.  Amazing album.... not one weak track.  It's a shame it will only sell 8000 copies.  First album I copped since the last Nas album.
Hip hop isnt about music anymore didnt you know.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »

It's all good publicity for the album, even if people don't know about slaughterhouse they will find out joe budden is in slaughterhouse. I don't know what this will sell though.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
After giving Slaughterhouse many spins...
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
this album is easily a fuckin classic...one of the greatest hip hop albums in history

the list goes

1. Joell Ortiz (ya'll can't handle the truth)

2. Crooked (toss up between crook n nickel but gave it to crook cuz he my fav rapper for like 5 years)

3. Nickel (dump a body in the river, turn myself in..beat the case, then put "i really did it" on my twitter) lol

4. Budden (his verse on Sound Off too dope)

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Slaughter House on pace to sell 25k in 1st week
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 02:29:05 PM »
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news07713m01

MCA Nashville Vet Unseats Michael, Cobra Starship Rises

August 12, 2009

Twang goes bang.

Yep, that’s the sound of honky-tonk veteran George Strait’s latest MCA Nashville hitting the #1 spot on next week’s HITS Album chart, the latest success in a long and still-potent career.

Based on one-day sales figure from all those music retailers who haven’t become medical marijuana dispensaries shows the country star will sell a total close to 150k.

That’ll be more than enough to topple the King of Pop’s reign at #1, though expect Michael releases to dominate the rest of our Top 5, if not, inexplicably, Soundscan's.

Red-Hot Cobra Starship, the latest Decaydance/Fueled by Ramen release (home of Panic at the Disco, among others), distributed by Atlantic, are the next heighest debut at 40-45k, fueled by the Top 5 single, “Good Girls Go Bad,” featuring Gossip Girls’ Leighton Meester. The band’s led by clever Gabe Saporta, who fronted the group Midtown on Columbia several years ago.

Valory country singer/songwriter Justin Moore’s self-titled album could do in the 34-37k range, thanks to a hit single on the format, “Small Town USA.”

E1 (formerly Koch) rap all-star group Slaughterhouse, consisting of Crooked I, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz and Royce Da 5’9”, should do between 23-25k.

Mercury/IDJ country pop pin-up Jessie James debuts with between 18-20k, while Vagrant thrash-rock perennials Thrice’s iTunes exclusive will net them 12-14k.

The market was up 1% vs. last week, down 16% vs. same week last year and still down 14% year to date.

Hey, what are you doing just sitting there? Go disrupt a town hall meeting or something.

Lunatic

Re: Slaughter House on pace to sell 25k in 1st week
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 02:30:01 PM »
I was hoping for at least 20K so that's solid considering they only shipped 35K
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »
I was hoping for at least 20K so that's solid considering they only shipped 35K

From what I've observed on twitter, there are a lot of people scrambling to purchase a copy because their local music stores are sold out.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »
Koch (E1) undershipped them, they only shipped that many copies so they sold out already and I've been getting plenty of Emails from people who havent been able to find it in stores, Amazon is out of stock, same with CDUniverse... Koch (E1) fucked up and underestimated the demand for this record.. I knew this was gonna happen.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 02:32:53 PM »
They didn't ship 35k, they shipped 25k, that article online was wrong.

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »
^WOW that is crazy if they sold every copy shipped :o

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2009, 02:34:50 PM »
Word was they only shipped 20k, but if they're selling 25k then I guess it was 25k. Whatever it was, they fucked up.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »
Koch (E1) undershipped them, they only shipped that many copies so they sold out already and I've been getting plenty of Emails from people who havent been able to find it in stores, Amazon is out of stock, same with CDUniverse... Koch (E1) fucked up and underestimated the demand for this record.. I knew this was gonna happen.

In your opinion, how much more do you think it could've sold had it not been undershipped?

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2009, 02:36:37 PM »
Word was they only shipped 20k, but if they're selling 25k then I guess it was 25k. Whatever it was, they fucked up.
They best ship another 15-20K 2nd week. If they can move another 20K plus next week, that would seriously be huge. 2nd week record sales tend to fall off BAD nowadays. If your selling 25K first week, chances are your at 10K or less 2nd week. Let's see how E1 handles this.

This is regardless definitely landing at #1 independent charts. Dorrough from E1 topped the indie charts this week with 12K :-\