3 (6%)
Violent J
0 (0%)
Guilty Simpson
1 (2%)
Madrox
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: best DETROIT rapper?  (Read 912 times)

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: best DETROIT rapper?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
Funny how the people calling me a "stan" are the ones listening to Relapse when I don't even like nor listen to that shit. If you think that someone who knows that Eminem is more talented at his best than any other rapper out their is a "stan" then you obviously don't know what a "stan" is.

Edit: Nor do you know what makes a dope MC.

RELAPSE SUCKS YOU HOMO, don't ever try to put words in my mouth

Are you going to tell me Eminem was better than Rakim, Kool G Rap, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Big Punisher, the GZA, Guru, Ice Cube, Scarface, Mc Juice or Big Daddy Kane????????

are you serious with that shit?

I'm going to call you Stanly Stannington from here out.  

peace.

at his best he is/was GOAT, you can take verses, songs, concepts, creativity and compare with any of your mentioned rapper's one's, it wouldnt be a big competition (except for rakim).

Blasphemy

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »
Funny how the people calling me a "stan" are the ones listening to Relapse when I don't even like nor listen to that shit. If you think that someone who knows that Eminem is more talented at his best than any other rapper out their is a "stan" then you obviously don't know what a "stan" is.

Are you going to tell me Eminem was better than Rakim, Kool G Rap, Nas, Biggie, Pac, Big L, Big Punisher, the GZA, Guru, Ice Cube, Scarface, Mc Juice or Big Daddy Kane????????

peace.

Eminem was on the same level as all you mention. Except you have to remember each artist was remembered for a different thing.

Rakim and nas for their ground breaking ryhmes, Pac for his Emotion and his ability to reach you. Ice Cube able to talk about the issues which dealt with them directly.  I can go on, fact his Eminem will be remember on their level for his Lyrical prowlness, his witty word play, and the controversy he caused (among other stuff he did).

Being called a great doesn't automatically make you number 1 in all areas of being a artist. Just means you've managed to accomplish something few have. Eminem is the highest selling artist, and despite the fact relapse was pure rehash. His earlier works stands for how well he can perform when he's focused.

Like I said people would consider him a great more often if he was talking about what the previous ones were talking about (which he did TMMLP).

Honestly saying he can't even be considered a moronic thing.Him being the Greatest and beating all others would require a HUGE break down of each greats discography,Life Style, what tehy did off and on the mic, and who they were as a person. lol just thinking about it makes me sorta wnat to do it, but honestly who would give a shit?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
guilty simpson is the best in my opinion. with albums like random ax and the oj simpson album. guilty gonna reallg gonna show and prove.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 03:15:10 PM »

peace.

at his best he is/was GOAT, you can take verses, songs, concepts, creativity and compare with any of your mentioned rapper's one's, it wouldnt be a big competition (except for rakim).

LOL LOL LOL    I love old eminem music, but you're going to tell me Eminem's creativity and subject matter compares to 2pac, Big L, KRS One or Big Daddy Kane??? 

"my mom hates me, i hate life and do drugs" is not subject matter
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jaydc555

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 03:18:33 PM »
Stan is a classic hip hop song and you yourself use the word stan as does everyone.He added a name into the thought process of millions.Thats not by luck.Im not saying hes the best ever but eminem is easily in the top 10 all time.And rapping about his family life,the shit hes going through,his daughter is indeed subject matter.Anyting is subject matter.Talking about a fucking a hat is subject matter.

Moe

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »

peace.

LOL LOL LOL    I love old eminem music, but you're going to tell me Eminem's creativity and subject matter compares to 2pac, Big L, KRS One or Big Daddy Kane??? 

2pacs subject matter is "i love my mom, i hate biggie, im a thug and fuck the world"

i'd take eminems subjects any day

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 03:21:06 PM »
And for the record, I didn't say that at his best he was the greatest of all time, I said best on the planet (aka alive). But I wouldn't expect someone who replies with "YOU HOMO" and "LOL LOL LOL" to people's posts to pick that up. How old are you, 10?

Jaydc555

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 03:22:47 PM »

peace.

2pacs subject matter is "i love my mom, i hate biggie, im a thug and fuck the world"

LOL thats what you boil 2pac down to?Are you fucking kidding me???Have you ever actually listened to 2pac?And i mean actually listend?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 03:23:26 PM »

peace.

dear mama
papa'z song
keep ya head up
letter to the president
old school
brenda's got a baby
who do you believe in
panther power

eminem is never making these songs, or anything damn near close.
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Manu.

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

peace.

dear mama
papa'z song
keep ya head up
letter to the president
old school
brenda's got a baby
who do you believe in
panther power

+10.
even if he does aplogize that doesnt mean shit coming from a jew

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »
i am a huge Eminem & Pac fan; but how can you say Eminem had more subject? all he rapped about was his mom, drugs & raping people lol.

their is no comparison lol.

+1 Hack. 8)

MistaNova

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2009, 03:37:57 PM »
My favorite rappers from Detroit are Obie Trice, Insane Clown Posse & Trick Trick but since they ain't on the poll I'll go with either Proof or Eminem.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »
My favorite rappers from Detroit are Obie Trice, Insane Clown Posse & Trick Trick but since they ain't on the poll I'll go with either Proof or Eminem.

Violent J is on here

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2009, 04:07:35 PM »
i am a huge Eminem & Pac fan; but how can you say Eminem had more subject? all he rapped about was his mom, drugs & raping people lol.

their is no comparison lol.

+1 Hack. 8)

I don't know, maybe he just felt like making a stupid statement and being owned?

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 01:35:13 AM »

peace.

dear mama
papa'z song
keep ya head up
letter to the president
old school
brenda's got a baby
who do you believe in
panther power

hm, im not quite sure if u ever listened to eminem, he made Stan, Sing for the moment, Mosh, like a toy soldier and others, if u hate when he is rapping about drugs and his mother, listen to the eminem show. And if you are questioning his creativity... pac at his best was dope, but many his verses was same old gangsta shit everybody was kicking, while eminem came and rapped about something nobody did before, and all his verses (except for half of encore) were one of a kind, and all of them you could be amazed by. It would be almost impossilble to find weak verse from him (again, except for encore). Only ppl i dont remember making a forgettable verse was rakim and ras kass (even tho i heard almost only his old stuff). And stop catching feeling about it, we just have diffirent oppinions.