Author Topic: I just ate a good-ass cheese pizza  (Read 931 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: I just ate a good-ass cheese pizza
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »
but do they order their ingedients from the same places?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2009, 10:59:15 AM »
but do they order their ingedients from the same places?

which ingredients? The toppings or the dough? lol  I dont think NY pizza is necessarily known for their toppings...thats why I like Chicago style. As far as the dough, pizza dough is usually yeast, water, flour, sugar, salt.  I mean, i doubt the quality of those ingredients are very different from one manufacturing plant to another across the US lol
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

herpes

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
best pizza in the world is served in NYC, I thought that was a common fact. California pizza is straight wack unless they're trying to copy NY. Even still, they ain't got the tap water going in the yeast that NYC is renowned for.

nonsense lol.  If you take the same ingredients and recipe from an NY pizzaria and make it somewhere else...it will taste exactly the same.  Likewise, Chinese Food doesnt actually taste better with chopsticks.

On a side note...

Chicago Deep Dish >>> Big floppy flimsy NY Pizza

Actually the water makes a huge difference.  I don't know why but the water makes a huge difference.

I dunno man. You can say NY overall has better pizza joints then Cali.  But I think its all mental to assume the pizza there just always tastes better. If you take a transplant from NY who owned a pizza shop out there...brought him here, and made his pizza exactly the same...i think it would taste the same.  Just like, San Diego is gonna have far better Mexican Food then NY. But if you took a Taco Shop owner from down here, had him open up a spot in NY and make the food exactly the same...it would taste the same as his shop here lol  I think the average pizza place in NY is better then the average pizza place here...because they have to be, with all the competition.  But i dont think theres some magical thing about pizza ovens in NY...they bake the same anywhere.

It's not mental or the ovens it's the tap water.  They can make the pizza exactly the same in another area but it won't taste the same.  Don't get me wrong we got shitty pizza spots in NY but if you take a guy that can make a good pizza and transport him to another part of the country it will taste different off the water alone.  Same thing with bagels.  There are pizza spots across the country that get there water imported in from NY or treated to be as close to NYC water as possible for this exact reason.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:56:32 AM by Teflon Tom »

herpes

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
best pizza in the world is served in NYC, I thought that was a common fact. California pizza is straight wack unless they're trying to copy NY. Even still, they ain't got the tap water going in the yeast that NYC is renowned for.

what does california have to do with anything?

and i agree, the best city to get a variety of nice pizza brands is NYC

but Pats Pizza in Orono has the best pizza in the world for one location

Lenny and Johns on the corner of flatbush and flatlands ave in brooklyn is the best pizza in the world for one location.

have you ate Pats Pizza before???  if so get back to me ;)

Have you had Lenny & Johns, Sofia's, New Park, Aldo's pizza ?  Get back to me when you do though. 

I did go to Portland Maine when I was younger and got Pizza, it sucked though.

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

nonsense lol.  If you take the same ingredients and recipe from an NY pizzaria and make it somewhere else...it will taste exactly the same.  Likewise, Chinese Food doesnt actually taste better with chopsticks.

On a side note...

Chicago Deep Dish >>> Big floppy flimsy NY Pizza

Actually the water makes a huge difference.  I don't know why but the water makes a huge difference.

I dunno man. You can say NY overall has better pizza joints then Cali.  But I think its all mental to assume the pizza there just always tastes better. If you take a transplant from NY who owned a pizza shop out there...brought him here, and made his pizza exactly the same...i think it would taste the same.  Just like, San Diego is gonna have far better Mexican Food then NY. But if you took a Taco Shop owner from down here, had him open up a spot in NY and make the food exactly the same...it would taste the same as his shop here lol  I think the average pizza place in NY is better then the average pizza place here...because they have to be, with all the competition.  But i dont think theres some magical thing about pizza ovens in NY...they bake the same anywhere.

It's not mental or the ovens it's the tap water.  They can make the pizza exactly the same in another area but it won't taste the same.  Don't get me wrong we got shitty pizza spots in NY but if you take a guy that can make a good pizza and transport him to another part of the country it will taste different off the water alone.  Same thing with bagels.  There are pizza spots across the country that get there water imported in from NY or treated to be as close to NYC water as possible for this exact reason.

How much other water have you tasted man? lol.  This is kind of a silly argument, so Im not gonna go back and forth with it much more.  But the tap water contributing much to the pizza has been a myth forever.  It sounds good yah know?  It makes NY pizza sound so unique, "its the tap water". lol But cmon man. You know how a pizza is made?  If so, you know what little a role water actualy plays into the process. Its a small ingedient in the dough.  Im not gonna act like an expert on NY pizza since I dont live there. Ive been there a few times and ate at different spots (cant even remember the names). But I never was overwhelmed by the pizza, and even if it was good, it wasnt the dough that was so amazing....which is what the water is in.  Like I said, and Im stickin with this. You can make a great pizza no matter where you are in the country. Some Italian fuck in Alaska could make a pizza as good as anything in NY.  But on average, I would assume NY would have better pizza then almost anywhere else (other then my Chicago Deep Dish pizza lol) due to the fact that there is a larger Italian community and more competition.  San Diego has such good Mexican food for one reason. We are directly on the border and there are a shitload of Mexicans here.  There isnt some secret ingredient, its just that you have to make better Mexican food to impress Mexicans...like you have to make better pizza to impress Italians.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Muhfukka

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2009, 01:34:14 PM »
no an owner couldnt jut move his shop somewhere else and make the same shit unless he brought cooks who were used to making it that way. even if he tries to teach cooks from that area, its not going to be the same because theyre accustomed to something else

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
no an owner couldnt jut move his shop somewhere else and make the same shit unless he brought cooks who were used to making it that way. even if he tries to teach cooks from that area, its not going to be the same because theyre accustomed to something else

so if you owned a pizza shop, and trained all your employees from scratch on how to make pizza a certain way. Youre tellin me if you move to another state, you couldnt make your pizza the same any longer? Or train new people how to make it from scratch the way you do...because they are from a different state?

Cali Climate

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
Man this thread has me fiending now.

Muhfukka

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2009, 03:15:50 PM »

so if you owned a pizza shop, and trained all your employees from scratch on how to make pizza a certain way. Youre tellin me if you move to another state, you couldnt make your pizza the same any longer? Or train new people how to make it from scratch the way you do...because they are from a different state?
wellyou could but the thing is if you actually want quality youre not just going to hire some random people and wait for them to get good at it at your expense, youre going to hire people in the area who already know how to make pizza, except its going to be a different style.not saying it cant happen, im just saying its more than the ingredients involved

Cali Climate

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2009, 03:17:05 PM »
The Arb. Ventura blvd. studio city. bomb ass pepperoni by the slice.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:52:39 PM by J Bananas »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:41 PM »
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »
PATS PIZZA NIGGA

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
in any circumstance moms and pops pizza shops are usually way better then any chain pizza frozen dough is not the buisness.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 05:49:17 PM »
in any circumstance moms and pops pizza shops are usually way better then any chain pizza frozen dough is not the buisness.

+1 fuck pizzahut

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
real talk

fuck papa johns too...dominos is alright but i dont even really eat the pizza I fucks with them sandwiches