Author Topic: When are we going to lighten up when it comes to rap music?  (Read 531 times)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
When are we going to lighten up when it comes to rap music?
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
This whole joe vs wu situation had me thinking about how people are mad at joe just because hes saying shit about legends (did we forget about freedom of speech) and how us fans are not allowing rappers from this era to become legends (couple of them could be called legends) I respect some of the legends trust me, but just like the word CLASSIC the word LEGEND is thrown around way too much for rappers back in old days ( would like a definition of legend btw so this argument can get more interesting) i feel that some rappers back then are not LEGENDS as some people say...but im not gunna name until someone can give me their definition of legend

were too busy praising the legends when we should be praising the rappers that are making good music too TODAY and give them a CHANCE to get a legendary status

but then when a rapper dies we give them so much praise...its like a rapper has to die to realize how good dude was...but then other rappers die and we wanna PRAISE them so much when they werent even that good...i dont get it

can someone give me an explanation?

haters who wanna come in...one ya self

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: When are we going to lighten up when it comes to rap music?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
i'm telling you people are stuck in the past, it won't change.

but i don't want to give my definition of legend because i agree with what you're saying & i'd rather let somebody who disagrees give the definition.

but i would say an important factor or criteria is a good discography, for sure.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 09:03:16 PM »
u put up an undisagreeable question.  Agreement is indefinite.  And really; it's not the people it's the media and *qwite a few board people online

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:11:09 PM by RadioTube! aka Moe Beastie aka Baron Samedi »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 09:22:53 PM »
Crooked I, Ill Bill, MC Juice, Thirstin Howl III, C-Rayz Walz, Goretex/Supercoven = = legends  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »
Xzibit, i think it's time to lay out some names to really get the argument going lol.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
Xzibit, i think it's time to lay out some names to really get the argument going lol.
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

i mean tell people who is concidered a legend but shouldn't be lol. :laugh:

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 09:55:20 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:58:04 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

are you trying to say Biggie's material out was wack (because that's not true lol) or do you mean he doesn't have enough to have the longevity to be considered a "legend"?

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 09:59:16 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

are you trying to say Biggie's material out was wack (because that's not true lol) or do you mean he doesn't have enough to have the longevity to be considered a "legend"?
dont think he was here long enough...but again gotta here peoples definition of legend

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

dont think he was here long enough...but again gotta here peoples definition of legend

that's borderline, he made quite an impact & was part of the most controversial beef in history lol.

but it will definatly raise some eye-brows & maybe we will get some responses here lol.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 10:03:48 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

that's borderline, he made quite an impact & was part of the most controversial beef in history lol.

but it will definatly raise some eye-brows & maybe we will get some responses here lol.
it is questionable i would like to see wat people think though...was it just cuz he was apart of the biggest rap beef?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 10:06:22 PM »
yes def xzibit

Royce and Joe

lol, no dick.

biggie

it is questionable i would like to see wat people think though...was it just cuz he was apart of the biggest rap beef?

not going to front, the beef with Pac without a doubt raised his level of stardom.

without it, be probably wouldn't have died & people would call him a legend; but i don't know where he would of went from their.

it's hard to assume something like that.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 10:17:01 PM »
oh, i don't care, i don't care.
in the darkened underpass i thought oh god my chance has come at last
and then a strange fear gripped me and i just couldn't ask
take me out tonight where there is music and people, young and alive
oh, driving in your car i don't want to go home because i don't have one anymore
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:36 AM »
Big is definetly a legend. No matter the circumstances, his influence on today's biggest rappers is undeniable. He wasn't some average rapper who died and suddenly became a legend and anyone who thinks that is either plain ignorant or has been sucking way too much West Coast dick. Big was part of the equation long before Pac went public with the feud. Sure, death might have elevated the conversation a bit more but the same can be said about Pac.