Author Topic: Joe Budden f/ The Game - "The Future" (6 months later)  (Read 826 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Joe Budden f/ The Game - "The Future" (6 months later)
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 09:44:10 AM »
In My Sleep >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Future.

lol, the rest of Padded Room >>>>>>>>> The Future lol.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »

Correct, but The Future could have been a really big mainstream track if marketed right.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »
Also, I wish they would have left the exciting intro beat. Lol.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM-xCqP5YPI&amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WM-xCqP5YPI&amp;hl</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »

Correct, but The Future could have been a really big mainstream track if marketed right.

marketed by you lol.

but yeah,was the type of song that should have blown up, Joey stooped down to the level of Autotune & a major artist feature.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »

marketed by you lol.

but yeah,was the type of song that should have blown up, Joey stooped down to the level of Autotune & a major artist feature.

You know, I will condone Auto-Tune under the right circumstances - Royce Da 5'9 is one of the few artists I would condone using it. It's actually a very great track, I prefer it over that HORRIBLE track known as Pump It Up or that assed out Fire song. Lol. I hope Game and Budden colaborate more in the future, possibly Game using Budden as a ghost writer. Lol. I think the reason it didn't blow up is because well he's on Amalgam which rely on you to push yourself essentially. Lol.

EDIT:

I also condone the hook singer using auto-tune. It's not that noticeable. Lol.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:14:42 AM by Toreno/Tanner »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »
You know, I will condone Auto-Tune under the right circumstances - Royce Da 5'9 is one of the few artists I would condone using it. It's actually a very great track, I prefer it over that HORRIBLE track known as Pump It Up or that assed out Fire song. Lol. I hope Game and Budden colaborate more in the future, possibly Game using Budden as a ghost writer. Lol. I think the reason it didn't blow up is because well he's on Amalgam which rely on you to push yourself essentially. Lol.

EDIT:

Wait, was that Royce using the autotune on "We Outta Here"? If so then hell yeah I'll condone it as long as he doesn't go Kanye on us.

But yeah I don't understand why they didn't push this song. I mean, he filmed a good quality video for "Touch & Go" (for reasons I'll never understand) but not for "The Future"? Shits weird. I wish too hope they work together more.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 11:44:35 AM »

EDIT:

Wait, was that Royce using the autotune on "We Outta Here"? If so then hell yeah I'll condone it as long as he doesn't go Kanye on us.

But yeah I don't understand why they didn't push this song. I mean, he filmed a good quality video for "Touch & Go" (for reasons I'll never understand) but not for "The Future"? Shits weird. I wish too hope they work together more.

I believe it was, he's used it on a few tracks. I like auto-tune though I use to excessively hate on it, till I realized - if it's done right - it sounds good and hating on it is just the cool thing to do. Touch and Go was suppose to be on Padded Room, but got scrapped and they decided to scrap The Future video for In My Sleep. and Exxxes. It is weird.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 01:03:11 PM »
Great song!  I loved it from the first time I heard it, amazing hook

DIP DIP SET SET

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 01:14:26 PM »

EDIT:

Touch and Go was suppose to be on Padded Room, but got scrapped and they decided to scrap The Future video for In My Sleep. and Exxxes. It is weird.
LMAO, propably Amalgam again. I wonder why Joe is still there, wouldn't he rather sign a solo album contract with E1 or someone else, surely he can get a independent contract now? They done fucked like 2 albums of mixing for Joe.  :-\

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »

marketed by you lol.

EDIT:

pump it up wasn't that horrible  :P

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »

marketed by you lol.

EDIT:

pump it up wasn't that horrible  :P

Lol. I'm a Joe Budden fan and I can barely stand that song myself. Ugh..... LOL.

JD Bastin

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »
i want some peanut buttah cups

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2009, 02:39:45 PM »
Listening to "Pump It Up" today can give fans a total misconception of Budden, but when the song dropped in '03, it was considered ahead of its time and a massive hit.

I thought Budden was the next big thing to blow, "Pump It Up" was one of the first tracks in the 2000's that lead to the "club bangers" era that the south jumped on and made the genre what it is today. It also helped launch Just Blaze's career in a major way. Too bad Joey was the one who didn't get the huge buzz off it.

I always loved "Focus" and thought that could have been a major hit as well. The little video they had for it at the end of "Pump It Up" was the shit too. If Budden could go back to making 2-3 tracks like this per album, where he makes club bangers that are essentially better than the club bangers that are out there, but then still keep the deep content that he's had on the Mood Muziks, Padded Room, Escape Route, etc, I think he can be one of the biggest emcees in the game, if not the biggest. Dude has untapped potential in my opinion and I don't think we've seen his best work yet.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Pump It Up was a bad song, most of the songs off that album were bad; with the exception of a few.

but sadly, Pump It Up is his most major song & the only song people know by him.

like most guys on here, they ONLY heard Pump It Up; but they act like they can comment on his entire catalog lol.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2009, 06:28:37 PM »
Pump It Up was a bad song, most of the songs off that album were bad; with the exception of a few.

but sadly, Pump It Up is his most major song & the only song people know by him.

like most guys on here, they ONLY heard Pump It Up; but they act like they can comment on his entire catalog lol.

Exactly.