Author Topic: Lunatic Presents: The Unsigned Blessings Vol.1 Mixtape (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1689 times)

ICHI THE KILLER

this is my short review  ;) ;) :

1. Stat Quo Intro - n/a
2. C'Thru - Life Is Strange (Ft. Hana) - 4/5 like the hook (remind me a lil bit old Organized Noize productions )
3. Tan-D - Keep it 100 (Ft. Big V of the Nappy Roots)  - 4/5 dope flow and beat rest see above ^^^^^
4. Clarity - Hit the Road (Ft. The Velvet Trench Vibes)  3/5 nothing special songs like 100 other
5. Prophecy - Drop the Mic - 4.5/5  - good flow, dark beat (like the paino in it) a lil bit to short
6. Substance/Tek - Work Hard - 4.5/5 - really dark production don't know now his real name  ??? but he can spit
7. Brotha Loom - Double Up (Ft. Wahlee Sparks) - 2.5/5 ok song but not if u missed it u wouldnt notice  :sleep:
8. The Rat Pac - Internet Predators - 3/5 like the concept of the song not feelin beat tho
9. Injection - I Think I'm In Love (Ft. Main Event West) - 2/5 auto-tune  :-X really bad used (but this actually could blow in radio LOL)
10. Dem Rascalz - Clap - 3/5 track ok  but hook  :-\
11. Ronald Porter - Crack Commercials (Ft. D. Ross) - 3/5 ok song flow/voice of one of them sounds like BUN -B (Ronald Porter)
12. Tarek & Luss - Mind of a Maniac (Prod. By Rikanatti) - 4.5/5 - rikanatti beat really dark  ;D ;D and guys can spit (need to check their
      album  after that song)
13. J. Scroll - Understanding - 3/5 just not my type song what i feelin
14. Ronald Porter - What Does It Mean (Ft. DJ LV) - 4/5 again auto-tune but not that bad like previous one, and that really sounds like
      BUN B - but song is really nice
15. Tan-D - My Life - 4.5/5 i like him dope flow and good selection of beats
16. D. Ross - Pressure - 4.5/5 one of the best songs on compialtion- like the  hook
17. C'Thru - Look up at the Sky - 4/5 dope, a hook is lil bit weird but cool
18. Tan-D - We Hustle, We Grind - 3/5 like i said before song is dope but those damn kids ruins hook

OVERAL: 3.5-3.75/5

Dope compilation with some really dope songs and artist ( Tan-D ,D. Ross,C'Thru,Substance/Tek,Prophecy) some of them remind old Dungeon Family productions which i think  actually is good because i missed them  ;).other cats are ok but need work more to get people attention or quit  :P.and i deduct 0.25 for cover if i found this album on shelf somewhere and pick it up to check and didnt found any1 who i know on it the cover i would even check further.artwork is really bad.

good work Luna keep it up maybe one day u will be on top  ;D

Lunatic

Thanks a lot for your review!

Look for pt.2 coming soon 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Not bad so far Luna..

Lunatic

Not bad so far Luna..
drop ya feedback when u done!

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
downloading right now...ill give it a spin in a bit.

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
some songs need to be played more to judge, but after the first listen to this mixtape, it became clear that there's a fair share of cliché down south type of music present  :-\
i don't understand why so many artists copy it from eachother, from the mainstream to the "underground": seriously, you guys need to stop it!  :baseballbat:
same with autotune; luckily there is hardly any of that on this tape :)

Lunatic

^which down south tracks bothered u? let's get a review of each track  ;)

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I gotta be honest, I wasn't feeling this project  :-\

Unity was way better imo..

I only kept a couple songs of this tape, Drop The Mic & Pressure are my 2 favorite tracks. (production credits?)
Those 2 kinda stood out for me, a couple other tracks were alright but most of them just average.

But props for putting work in it, the idea is not bad.

Lunatic

^ "Pressure" is def one of my fav tracks

I don't have prod. credits minus Rikanatti did the Tarek/Luss joint and Kyng of the Beatz did all 3 Tan-D joints I believe

U didn't like Ronald Porter, C'Thru or Tan-D?

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Not saying they're wack, but they didn't really grab my attention.. so therefor not really.

Lunatic

Not saying they're wack, but they didn't really grab my attention.. so therefor not really.
damn ok, i feel u. To me, C'Thru tracks are both 5/5 classics. The music on those beats combined with his passion flow, meaningful subject matter/topic, lyrics, etc. is perfect.

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
To each it's own, but you shouldn't throw around the term classic around too fast.

Btw, I heard a other track of C-Thru that was not on this tape, 'One Tyme' and that's a dope track 8)

Lunatic

To each it's own, but you shouldn't throw around the term classic around too fast.

Btw, I heard a other track of C-Thru that was not on this tape, 'One Tyme' and that's a dope track 8)

classic in the sense of it's a 5/5 track to me

C'Thru is the truth

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn ok, i feel u. To me, C'Thru tracks are both 5/5 classics. The music on those beats combined with his passion flow, meaningful subject matter/topic, lyrics, etc. is perfect.

agreed but cthru tracks are great, they are tracks you can feel.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Liked the 'Life Is Strange' beat. And he had lyrics. I like this men!

Love the 'Keep It 100' beat. Liked that joint.

'Clap' made me laugh, ill beat.

I wasn't expecting alot of the joints on here, honestly. I figured they all was gonna be mainstream club tracks...or somethang along those those lines.

'What Does It Mean' is nice.

'Life Is Strange' is my favorite along side 'Keep It 100', I like the Nappy Roots, the feature obviously bought that feel..

Teach your son to be a man and your daughter to be a woman

I like this C-Thru kidd.