Poll

Who is the better LYRICIST?

Chef
34 (66.7%)
Joey
17 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Raekwon vs. Joe Budden  (Read 4030 times)

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Raekwon vs. Joe Budden
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 04:01:28 AM »
why do all buddens fans act like anything pre-2002 dosent count or some shit...??rae still wrote it...you cant blame dude for not bein as hungry as he was...

dosent make buddens better...it means at this stage in his career hes the one with somethin to prove...unfortunately he thought it would be a better idea to try take a shortcut by dissing a vet rather than workin on creatin a dope catalogue of music

What the fuck are you talking about?Post up a song of joe budden dissing any vets.All he said was he was better then method man.He didnt diss anyone.

when talkin about the vibe bracket

"how are these guys relevant...in 2009"

or somethin to that effect...i only watched it once...so being called irelevant isnt a disrespect??...even when he squashed the beef the 1st time he was disrespectful...just the way dude is...i remember him bitchin about jay not pushin him properly...like hold on joey your moanin to/about a guy that got snubbed by every major label then pretty much strong armed and promoted himself into said position of power...and its his fault you cant sell units??

anyway that wasnt the main point of what i wrote...the 1st part was

The Predator

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »
Buddens can't see the author of the undisputed classic - 'Only Built For Cuban Lynx'.

''Niggas, yo they be foldin' like envelopes under pressure'' - Rae'
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:24:12 AM by The Predator »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »
Wow.

What a bugging ass poll result...

This reminds me of Saigon vs Joe..

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »
Chef was great but be real for a minute, he aint no fucking lyricist.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »

agreed.

now Booz, i don't expect you to agree with this, so i don't want to act like i'm putting words in your mouth; but i would say Rae in his prime is only a level or two above 50 Cent in his prime, LYRICALLY.

50 on Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a level or two below anything Rae has LYRICALLY.

why do all buddens fans act like anything pre-2002 dosent count or some shit...??rae still wrote it...you cant blame dude for not bein as hungry as he was...

dosent make buddens better...it means at this stage in his career hes the one with somethin to prove...unfortunately he thought it would be a better idea to try take a shortcut by dissing a vet rather than workin on creatin a dope catalogue of music

LOLOL! WHEN DO YOU WANT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SLAP THE HATER STAMP ON? :laugh:

pre-2002 doesn't count because if their is a beef it is today. i know if this "beef" goes to the mic & Joey beats him up (lyrically) you have your excuse already in your pocket to take out & be like "WELL, Rae is still the biggest name, he was the shit 15 years ago, BLAH BLAH BLAH".

it makes Budden better in 2009, which is all he ever tried to prove lol. but when it's all said in done & BIAS put to the side, Joe Budden might have the better overall career, with a catalogue of music.

i mean, Mood Muzik Series, Halfway House, Padded Room, Escape Route, *more CDS here* >>>>> Only Built For Cuban Linx &...umm...yeah? ;D

EDIT: i love how Joey is still getting that attention though; most threads made now are their to point out flaws in him.

i wouldn't be surprised if he sold 10 million records with Great Escape with all thise exposure on the web. 8)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:05:02 AM by Chamillitary Click »

MediumL

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:27 AM »
I just feel what Rae says. He paints pictures and images that Joey cant for me.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

it makes Budden better in 2009, which is all he ever tried to prove lol. but when it's all said in done & BIAS put to the side, Joe Budden might have the better overall career, with a catalogue of music.

i mean, Mood Muzik Series, Halfway House, Padded Room, Escape Route, *more CDS here* >>>>> Only Built For Cuban Linx &...umm...yeah? ;D

tried is the right word, he still hasn't done it.

red part: I'm starting to loose respect for you  ;) I understand you're a fan, but OB4CL is a certified classic, inspired most of this decade's NY rapscene, OB4CL>Joe Budden's career
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »

red part: I'm starting to loose respect for you  ;) I understand you're a fan, but OB4CL is a certified classic, inspired most of this decade's NY rapscene, OB4CL>Joe Budden's career

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=226877.0

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »
Raekwon.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »

fair enough.

Joey is much more conceptual (*waits to hear that be debated too* ::)).

his rap can be confusing at times, his story telling is hard to follow & takes 5 or 6 listens to figure out what he's really saying.

i respect this post more than almost any post i've read on this subject in the last month lol.

lol, it's hard to succeed when you got a million Wu Tang fans giving biased opinons to shoot him down.

& i'm not debating that OB4CL isn't an undisputed classic, but look what your buddy said; "he went after dissing vets rather than creating a dope catalogue of music".

i would say Buddens catalogue at the moment is better than Rae's ONE classic lol.

not to even get into how i would say MOST people (other than this board) would call some of Joey's work already, "classic".

name me a better mixtape series than Mood Muzik & please don't name me one mixtape; then Halfway House & Escape Route though viewed upon as something less than an album, they both still have an album feel to them & both amazing & Padded Room, a disputed classic by MOST people online, other than this board.

all of which i would say that maybe 35% of this board has heard & yet the other 65% make an opinon on his music like they have heard each disc five or six times. :laugh:

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 10:30:15 AM »

fair enough.

Joey is much more conceptual (*waits to hear that be debated too* ::)).

his rap can be confusing at times, his story telling is hard to follow & takes 5 or 6 listens to figure out what he's really saying.

i respect this post more than almost any post i've read on this subject in the last month lol.

lol, it's hard to succeed when you got a million Wu Tang fans giving biased opinons to shoot him down.

& i'm not debating that OB4CL isn't an undisputed classic, but look what your buddy said; "he went after dissing vets rather than creating a dope catalogue of music".

i would say Buddens catalogue at the moment is better than Rae's ONE classic lol.

not to even get into how i would say MOST people (other than this board) would call some of Joey's work already, "classic".

name me a better mixtape series than Mood Muzik & please don't name me one mixtape; then Halfway House & Escape Route though viewed upon as something less than an album, they both still have an album feel to them & both amazing & Padded Room, a disputed classic by MOST people online, other than this board.

all of which i would say that maybe 35% of this board has heard & yet the other 65% make an opinon on his music like they have heard each disc five or six times. :laugh:
mood muzik 2 and 3>>>>>>>raekwons career

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 10:31:44 AM »
mood muzik 2 and 3>>>>>>>raekwons career
:nawty:

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »

agreed.

now Booz, i don't expect you to agree with this, so i don't want to act like i'm putting words in your mouth; but i would say Rae in his prime is only a level or two above 50 Cent in his prime, LYRICALLY.

50 on Get Rich or Die Tryin' is a level or two below anything Rae has LYRICALLY.

LOLOL! WHEN DO YOU WANT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SLAP THE HATER STAMP ON? :laugh:

pre-2002 doesn't count because if their is a beef it is today. i know if this "beef" goes to the mic & Joey beats him up (lyrically) you have your excuse already in your pocket to take out & be like "WELL, Rae is still the biggest name, he was the shit 15 years ago, BLAH BLAH BLAH".

EDIT: i love how Joey is still getting that attention though; most threads made now are their to point out flaws in him.

i wouldn't be surprised if he sold 10 million records with Great Escape with all thise exposure on the web. 8)

dude chill...if you already have noticed i dont like buddens...why you suprised if i vote against him in a poll against a rapper that i do rate??...and this thread wasnt made by a buddens fan so there isnt a pre-2002 dis-claimer in the title it just reads -

raekwon vs buddens which imo raekwon>>buddens

i'd feel far more comfortable comparing buddens to fabulous...juelz santana...llyod banks because to me thats the level i place him at...that would be a decent discussion...

but aye if you really feel ive earned that "hater" tag...go peep how many joe-budden related posts youve made the past two weeks and see which "tag" youve been rockin for a while now

and i see no need for personal insults kid...its just a difference in musical opinion... :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 10:43:26 AM »
^LOL, how do you say "i don't know if you noticed, but i don't like Buddens" & go on to give your opinon in every thread.

if it's always going to be bad, why waste your time? it's just looked over.

& for what you said about me, i assume you mean "groupie".

i've said it before, this is more on a battle for common sense than it is for Joe Budden; the things i've heard come out of this board the last month is out of this world lol.

people giving musical opinon on things they haven't even heard lmao.

you can take Rae's side in this beef, no problem their; but i am taking common senses side. :laugh:

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 10:46:18 AM »
Lmao @ emo rapper. Rae hands down                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Clay Aiken > Joe BuDDDenS
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh