Author Topic: Ok, honest, is "Until The End of Time"...  (Read 354 times)

.: God Is One :.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • .:CPT´s own REAL Muthaphukkin G´:.
Ok, honest, is "Until The End of Time"...
« on: October 30, 2002, 11:27:34 AM »
...really worth buying, cuz i heard there´s a lot of remixes on that shit, wich is good, but when Death Row makes remixes nowadays they usually suck bigtime!

So is this shit worth buying 4 REAL???

Cuz it will cost me 300 kr wich is like 30$ yaknow

So please be honest!

Peace & Thanx
"When I sit back n´ look, when i used to be crook, doin whatever it took, from snatching chains to pocketbooks" - Notorious B.I.G "Ready 2 Die"

Don Seer

Re:Ok, honest, is "Until The End of Time"...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 11:36:18 AM »
I really hate it.

The only thing i've liked since 7 Day Theory is Still I Rise, and Mak&Dill (altho theres one song i skip, cant remember which)

verbalassaulta

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 02:25:58 PM »
no dont buy it...i listened to it a week and havent ever since unless to listen to a couple good tracks...just download the few good ones

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 02:43:40 PM »
I liked it, but not because of the remixes, but because I listen to the actual words. I think some remixes were better, like the actual Until the End of Time, and Why U Turn On Me, but others like When I Get Free, and Thug In Me, and what ever Lil' Moe was on, just totally sucked. Still I Rise was so far the best of the post-death releases of 2Pac.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 02:53:45 PM »
yeah for me its not about the new beats or anything, i mean my favourite track on mak&dilli is the first to bomb remix.. prefer it over the OG.

what i didnt like about UTEOT was that they seemed to stretch the Pac verses out to make 5 songs where it should have been 2.
repeated verses etc... very boring to me.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 03:00:36 PM »
If u dont have the originals get it, if u do then dont bother.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bez

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2002, 04:02:45 PM »
Truth, if you are a pac fan then any album is worth buying.  So many people have complained about the remixes and shit but that life.  for me, if its got pacs voice on it then I will do my best to buy it.  Its not the beats that make pacs tracks for me, its his flow and his lyrics.  Plus its got sum great tunes on it.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2002, 04:05:27 PM »
the og's are much better than the remixes. especially words 2 my first born ft nuttso.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2002, 04:29:44 PM »
If your a huge Pac fan then go ahead and cop it

It's really not worth it tho. It's watered down and too RnBish.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2002, 04:30:51 PM »
go buy it  ;)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2002, 10:08:04 PM »
Coming from one of the biggest 2Pac fans you will ever meet:

This album is extremely mediocre. Theres 29 songs, and I only like about 8 of them. Of course, its not Pac's fault, because the orginals are dope, but Afeni ruined this album with her shitty production team. There's about 8 good songs, almost all of which are on Disc 1..........If you're gonna buy a post-humous 2Pac album, buy R U Still Down, which is a far better album than this remixed garbage. Even Still I Rise is better than this. Songs on UTEOT that I liked:

Ballad Of A Dead Soulja [classic]
Good Life
All Out [one of the few remixes I like better than the OG]
Until The End Of Time
When Thugz Cry [classic]
My Closest Road Dogs
Last Ones Left

thats about it.......
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 10:10:51 PM by hellrazor »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2002, 10:17:19 PM »
yeah for me its not about the new beats or anything, i mean my favourite track on mak&dilli is the first to bomb remix.. prefer it over the OG.

what i didnt like about UTEOT was that they seemed to stretch the Pac verses out to make 5 songs where it should have been 2.
repeated verses etc... very boring to me.

Definately.  It's like this.  Pac obviously for some reason, made verses that had a specific structure, so you could bounce them around to any beat, and they'd sound fine... so, on the album, you've got dozens of verses, that are almost the same length, etc. same type of flow, same rhyme structure, so they could easily be just cut into any song.  Then, on every friekin' hook, Pac just repeats the name of the song over and over.  That's what's most irratating to me.  For instance: if the song's called "Dead Homies", then you automatically know the hooks gonna go like this "It's my Dead Homies.  Dead Homies.  This ones For my dead homies... the Dead Homies" and crap like that.  It's so friekin' played out.  Every song (to me) seemed almost identical.  I didnt' even dig that DJ Quik track that much!

SICK DOG

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2002, 11:18:36 PM »
LYRICALLY THOSE SONGS ARE TIGHT,BUT SOME OF THE BEATS ARE JUST PLAIN GARBAGE...I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY DONT THEY GET SOME BETTER BEATS..SPEND A LITTLE MONEY..GET DRE,FRED WRECK SOMEBODY

AntoCorsa

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2002, 12:52:16 AM »
What a stupid question! I'm sure you got it in mp3! So just listen to it and, if you dont like it, dont buy it. It's something too personal! For example Daz's last album is considered a CLASSIC by some of the guys in this forum and GARBAGE by others. How can you ask us if you betta buy it or leave it in your local shop? Download the mp3s (and dont tell me you dont know where/how) and judge by yourself.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2002, 06:58:29 AM »
If your a 2Pac fan then yes it is worth it, if your a fan of deep, thought provoking poetry then yes it's worth it. Some of the originals are better beatwise imo but that factor doesn't take away the strength of the over-all material. My personal fav. 'Pac release after his death is "Still I Rise" but this album is still a solid release imo.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.