Author Topic: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?  (Read 1237 times)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: is Slaughterhouse a west coast classic?
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 10:30:31 PM »
wow all of u are retards who said it wasnt classic. it is well known that lil wayne's carter 3 is considered a classic by MANY people. and that is the most recent album to be considered as a classic.

when comparing slaughterhouse to the carter 3?? SLAUGHTERHOUSE SHITTTTTSS
+1
so you guys agree that Carter III is a classic?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Al Bundy

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 10:43:52 PM »
the carter III leaks > the carter III

slaughterhouse leaks > slaughterhouse album

the album was mediocre at best.

acgrundy

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »
wow all of u are retards who said it wasnt classic. it is well known that lil wayne's carter 3 is considered a classic by MANY people. and that is the most recent album to be considered as a classic.

when comparing slaughterhouse to the carter 3?? SLAUGHTERHOUSE SHITTTTTSS

LMAO!  Well known?  By who?  13-16 year old kids whose favorite rapper is 50 cent?

JD Bastin

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »
microphone is great song

Blasphemy

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »
Album isn't a classic. It will stand out as one of the better albums of 09, and during a time when nearly all rap has sold out. But this album is not with out its own roots being sold.

choosing the single "The one" which I guess is suppose to be a Pop/club track, diverges into the topics that is cluster fucked on every album being released today. While this album doesn't have any real club tracks that alone hurts albums chances at being a classic. 

Remember despite being a album that actually has some the best Lyricist, they don't use them to the best. The main 3 topics are I'm the baddest rapper, bitches (Notably this is were Repetitiveness gets extremely blatant IE the lyric "getting brain" being thrown around a lot.), and just reiterating the same thing over and over. Only difference is you use a different beat, and a different lyric to describe it (aside from the Getting brain, when ever its about Oral sex, that line is being used).

Certain Items are no longer viable cause of how fast tech as progressed. The 2 Skits (Phone calls) weren't needed. Only 1 needed to be on. Would of been better if each Member had a "Mind in" skit. Budden you hear Crazyness, Crooked I you hear nothing but crazy gangsta rap stuff, Joell just doing some crazy mexican shit, and Royce talking about his shit.

The first 1 said "How can you have a PIG and not be talkin about police?" honestly the second 1 wasn't even better "I'm just glad it you guys on some real shit" This could of easily been intros for 2 of the tracks.

You have to remember the albums production while good, isn't consistent. Lyrical Murderers is 1 of the stand out track, but the sound (do to the various producers and their own style) is all over the place.

Classic? No.
Great? Yes
Its place rap? Probably be remembered as 1 of the few albums during Hip-hops low point that actually said Fuck you 2 the mainstream sound, and wanted Lyrics over some bullshit random hook being played over and over.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »

no way.

i don't know the exact official C3 leaks, but i liked the real C3 more.

Something You Forgot is one of my favorite Wayne songs though.

Album isn't a classic. It will stand out as one of the better albums of 09, and during a time when nearly all rap has sold out. But this album is not with out its own roots being sold.

choosing the single "The one" which I guess is suppose to be a Pop/club track, diverges into the topics that is cluster fucked on every album being released today. While this album doesn't have any real club tracks that alone hurts albums chances at being a classic. 

Remember despite being a album that actually has some the best Lyricist, they don't use them to the best. The main 3 topics are I'm the baddest rapper, bitches (Notably this is were Repetitiveness gets extremely blatant IE the lyric "getting brain" being thrown around a lot.), and just reiterating the same thing over and over. Only difference is you use a different beat, and a different lyric to describe it (aside from the Getting brain, when ever its about Oral sex, that line is being used).

Certain Items are no longer viable cause of how fast tech as progressed. The 2 Skits (Phone calls) weren't needed. Only 1 needed to be on. Would of been better if each Member had a "Mind in" skit. Budden you hear Crazyness, Crooked I you hear nothing but crazy gangsta rap stuff, Joell just doing some crazy mexican shit, and Royce talking about his shit.

The first 1 said "How can you have a PIG and not be talkin about police?" honestly the second 1 wasn't even better "I'm just glad it you guys on some real shit" This could of easily been intros for 2 of the tracks.

You have to remember the albums production while good, isn't consistent. Lyrical Murderers is 1 of the stand out track, but the sound (do to the various producers and their own style) is all over the place.

Classic? No.
Great? Yes
Its place rap? Probably be remembered as 1 of the few albums during Hip-hops low point that actually said Fuck you 2 the mainstream sound, and wanted Lyrics over some bullshit random hook being played over and over.

did you read what you said? "Doesn't have a real club track; that hurts the albums chance of being classic".

Illmatic is one of the top 5 greatest albums in rap history, i heard no club banger...lol.

i would also like to ask you what Dre rapped about on 2001? weed, money, cars, how great he was, etc.; classic though.

not a classic yet, but give it time; more than a week anyway. :P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
id say it had solid production

not "great" but very very solid
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blasphemy

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

no way.

i don't know the exact official C3 leaks, but i liked the real C3 more.

Something You Forgot is one of my favorite Wayne songs though.

Classic? No.
Great? Yes

did you read what you said? "Doesn't have a real club track; that hurts the albums chance of being classic".

Illmatic is one of the top 5 greatest albums in rap history, i heard no club banger...lol.

i would also like to ask you what Dre rapped about on 2001? weed, money, cars, how great he was, etc.; classic though.

not a classic yet, but give it time; more than a week anyway. :P

lol high off some weed, What I wanted to say was "It Has no REAL club track, but The One is being past off 1, so That will hurt it. Cause they sold out by doing that Pop/club shit as a single".

lol like to qoute this "You know why Dre's record was so successful? Hes talking about Big Screen TVs, blunts, 40oz and bitches." - Steve Berman.

Reason why his? Features Innovated Production. He consistently kept the same spaced out tone, the Topics were more then the 3 topics on Slaughter house/the ones you posted. He talked about his former crew and how life changes, priories need to be rearranged (Watcher), His personal life (The Message) (Big Egos, 2 a extent), the Club tracks weren't talking about women constantly, It was more of the Street Party oriented topics of the Chronic, with just Entirely need production.

He still divulges though into Gangsta Rap topics.Party Tracks are OK but when they TAKE UP OVER HALF THE FUCKING CONTENT ITS NOT WORTH IT. Using it as a Single also pisses me off.

Slaughter House - Great Lyrics, yet nothing innovated, Solid production - Again nothing innovated. Topics - Only 3, Sound - Is all over the place.

The album will never, warrent a Bullshit rating, but It won't be warranting a classic either. It will stand out, but it won't be consider 1 of those albums that really effected/changed hip-hop.

And thats what a Classic it. It has a HUGE ripple effect in rap.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:25:22 PM by Blasphemy »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »
^very respectable response. ;) 8)

Blasphemy

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 05:55:48 PM »
^very respectable response. ;) 8)
Its all about the music  8)

JD Bastin

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »
id call it 1

Elano

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2009, 11:21:46 AM »
there's just 1 west coast mc.
this record IS NOT west coast.
west coast classic ?  :laugh:

MediumL

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
Blasphemy pretty much sums it up. It didn't provide anything that hasn't been done before. The beats were alright and the lyrics were dope but it wasn't like subject matter or lyrics were mindblowing. They didn't bring a fresh style, it seemed more a homage to the sound of the 90s. And by doing that a) your instantly leading to comparissons from that era and hence the album looks far from classic b) your restricting the ability to move things forward.

In my view their second album should focus on creating a sound that intergrates both the roughness of NY/Jersey/Detroit and the cool/calm feel of the west. Biggie did it supperbly with songs like Juicy and the Clipse merged SOuthern bounce with NY lyrical abilities on Lord Willin.

Tbh i'm gonna judge them on the next album. They should take their time and spend more time finding a dope sound (preferrably produced by max 3-4 producers) and then work on the angle their coming with. To simply be about bringing technically great lyrical skills back then expect people to get bored. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
After couple spins its a decent album to me so its far from being a classic

co-sign

JD Bastin

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2009, 01:06:44 PM »
Blasphemy pretty much sums it up. It didn't provide anything that hasn't been done before. The beats were alright and the lyrics were dope but it wasn't like subject matter or lyrics were mindblowing. They didn't bring a fresh style, it seemed more a homage to the sound of the 90s. And by doing that a) your instantly leading to comparissons from that era and hence the album looks far from classic b) your restricting the ability to move things forward.

In my view their second album should focus on creating a sound that intergrates both the roughness of NY/Jersey/Detroit and the cool/calm feel of the west. Biggie did it supperbly with songs like Juicy and the Clipse merged SOuthern bounce with NY lyrical abilities on Lord Willin.

Tbh i'm gonna judge them on the next album. They should take their time and spend more time finding a dope sound (preferrably produced by max 3-4 producers) and then work on the angle their coming with. To simply be about bringing technically great lyrical skills back then expect people to get bored. 

blashpemy is a great song but it has nothin 2 do with SH