Author Topic: Israel's Impunity  (Read 2401 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Israel's Impunity
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 12:00:28 AM »
Excellent discussion, especially the back and forth between Islaminevetable and Illuminati Clique....

....I want to copy and paste and speak on a few of the things mentioned..

^I've heard that arguement before how when the Muslim Empire was around (the Ottomons? the Caliph?) they were accepting of other religions living in their territory. The catch is, yes other religions were allowed to live in Islamic lands, but they had to pay more tax, a special tax that was levied onto unbelievers living in Islamic lands. Also other rules like if a Church was next to a Mosque and the Church was in need of maintenance the Christians were not allowed to maintain it or repair the Church so it had to be left to slide into disrepair. In this regard, adherents to other religious faiths were kinda second class citizens. Also, if you were not a Muslim but living in an Islamic country, then Islamic law would not apply to you, neither the punishments but also neither the rights. It was all a far cry from Western secular government today, or even modern authoritarian Islamic government today. But word, over the Inquisition, the Jews wouldve had it safer in Islamic lands.

This is actually a valid point to make, and I think it was correctly stated.  I may be a Muslim, but a very unorthodox one.  For example I can not support the Shariah (Islamic Law as worked out by the 9th century Imams and as understood by Sunni scholars today) for many reasons...

...One reason I can't be down with Shariah is because of what you stated above.  They want to say that there is freedom of religion according to Shariah Law yet there is not.  Because a Muslim can apostate, and as you mentioned Christians can not repair old churches or biuld new ones.  Also, the only recognized religions in Shariah law are the 3 Abrahamic faiths of Islam, Judaism and Christianity; therefore atheists, Hindu's, Buddists, etc. often have their rights unprotected under Shariah law.

What is the point of worship if it is forced?  This renders religion and all acts as meaningless if it is forced upon the people.  This is one of my big problems with the Shariah as it was developed in the 9th Century by the 4 Major Sunni Islamic Scholars.  Much of what they legislated comes from Hadith and contradicts the Qu'ran itself! ...read these verses from the Qu'ran and it is clear Shariah contradicts...

There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient.  2:256

"Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed. Do you want to force the people to become believers." 10:99.

Proclaim: "This is the truth from your Lord," then whoever wills let him believe, and whoever wills let him disbelieve. We have prepared for the transgressors a fire that will completely surround them. When they scream for help, they will be given a liquid like concentrated acid that scalds the faces. What a miserable drink! What a miserable destiny!  18:29

Say, "I do not ask you for any money. All I seek is to help you find the right path to your Lord, if this is what you choose." 25:57

This is a reminder; whoever wills, let him choose the path to his Lord. 73:19

For those among you who wish to advance, or regress.  74:37

This is a reminder: whoever wills shall choose the path to his Lord.  76:29

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 12:14:19 AM »

For instance, in the West, we have laws on anti-discrimination, etc. These laws can't bring about the total end of discrimination or prejudice, but we can at least take it so far; so that people of all races, colours and creeds can, to an extent live together with some dignity, self-determination and peace.

This can be a topic for another day, but why do we need anti-discrimination laws?   You could just say that we should be punished for the harm we do to other people and be done with it.

You don't have to force affirmative action for minorities to be successful.  Look at the great success Jews, Arabs, Asians, etc. have had in the West.  They stick together and pool their resources and spend within the community and therefore they become successful even more quickly then whites in many cases.

Most anti-discriminatory laws only had to take place because of previous laws that endorsed discrimination; such as slavery and Jim Crow laws.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »
ITS THE ONLY COUNTRY WHERE IF YOU ARE BORN THERE YOU STILL ARE NOT CONSIDERED A CITIZEN UNLESS YOU'RE A JEW
-----
YOU'RE BORN IN US... YOUR A US CITIZEN DISREGARDS TO UR RELIGION...
YOU'RE BORN IN SUADI ARABIA...YOUR A SAUDI CITIZEN DISREGARDS TO UR RELIGION...
YOU'RE BORN IN JAPAN...YOUR A SAUDI  CITIZEN DISREGARDS TO UR RELIGION...

Word.  Good point.  I can't believe the world accepts this in today's time.  A law so discriminatory that unless if you are a non-Jew born in Israel you are not a citizen.  Straight up bullshit!!

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »
ITS A PARADOX THEY CALL REALITY

NON RELIGION IS  A RELIGION AS LONG AS YOU CONGREGATE AND ASSOCIATE WITH EACH OTHER ON THIS ESPOUSED BASIS

Which not many people actually do mind you. Rather, people who don't profess to any established religion get together for all manner of reasons that involve the actual living of life.  

The issue is not someone's belief, rather their degree of objectivity, tolerance and humility in the face of actually knowing nothing.

Most religions, including Islam, believe God is knowable, but also vastly unknown.

Nothing. Everything.

In this sense, maybe you can understand something of aethism and secularism.

Very interesting exchange between the two of you right here.  

I agree with brother Islaminevitable that the world has a very limited view of what constitutes "religion".  Because in Islam we translate religion to mean "way of life".  Therefore, the average American who works and watches football with his buddies and goes drinking at a bar every weekend is practicing his own religion.  The bar is like the alter upon which he worships, the local football team he projects his hopes, frustrations, judgments, the coach is like a Preacher or Imam... local team good/ far away team bad.. national anthem before every game, local country good, far away country bad... and he does his work to maintain this lifestyle.  There are many parallels that can be made.  So in this way I agree with my dear brother Islaminevitable.

However, I also agree with Illuminati Clique and I think he makes an excellent point, in focusing on not the religion, but rather the role of subjectivity which leads to intolerance and potentially genocide of an opposing religion or race.

The Overfiend

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 01:46:35 AM »

For instance, in the West, we have laws on anti-discrimination, etc. These laws can't bring about the total end of discrimination or prejudice, but we can at least take it so far; so that people of all races, colours and creeds can, to an extent live together with some dignity, self-determination and peace.

This can be a topic for another day, but why do we need anti-discrimination laws?   You could just say that we should be punished for the harm we do to other people and be done with it.

You don't have to force affirmative action for minorities to be successful.  Look at the great success Jews, Arabs, Asians, etc. have had in the West.  They stick together and pool their resources and spend within the community and therefore they become successful even more quickly then whites in many cases.

Most anti-discriminatory laws only had to take place because of previous laws that endorsed discrimination; such as slavery and Jim Crow laws.

Of course we need non-discriminatory laws, people have needed law since the days of Solomon. Sure we can simply say, "lets just punish people for the wrong they commit to others" but then of course you have to define what is a wrong! We need to define 'harm', because whats the point in punishing that person if the wrong wasn't defined or if he had no knowledge that such a wrong was a wrong. There are really two types of law: Natural law (informed by religious and spiritual values, personal values, ethics, philosophy and norms, etc) and then there is the law of the State.
Slavery became a crime when the State (aka the Leviathan) made it legally a crime.

Theres a reason for affirmative action aka positive discrimination, because lets say we make the law equal. That is, make the law non-discriminatory, because remember back in ye old times it was discriminatory and in some places it still is. Now lets say we make the law equal, however it would do nothing but preserve the status-quo: because just simply practising equality, will not necessarily result in equality. If two people start off in incomparable situations, treating them similarly will merely perpetuate this, , furthur accentuating the differences. Anyway, word,  this is getting into a different topic, but the reason I raised it was that, IslamInevitable said that we can never have total objectivity, as we can never be totally separated from our prejudices, I agreed, but cited anti-discrimination law as an example of where objectivity (and the law is supposed to be objective) can take us so far and all that is needed is for us to take it so far so that people can, to a degree, live together and co-exist.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:00:18 AM by Illuminati Clique »

The Overfiend

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 02:19:49 AM »
ITS A PARADOX THEY CALL REALITY

NON RELIGION IS  A RELIGION AS LONG AS YOU CONGREGATE AND ASSOCIATE WITH EACH OTHER ON THIS ESPOUSED BASIS

Which not many people actually do mind you. Rather, people who don't profess to any established religion get together for all manner of reasons that involve the actual living of life. 

The issue is not someone's belief, rather their degree of objectivity, tolerance and humility in the face of actually knowing nothing.

Most religions, including Islam, believe God is knowable, but also vastly unknown.

Nothing. Everything.

In this sense, maybe you can understand something of aethism and secularism.

Very interesting exchange between the two of you right here. 

I agree with brother Islaminevitable that the world has a very limited view of what constitutes "religion".  Because in Islam we translate religion to mean "way of life".  Therefore, the average American who works and watches football with his buddies and goes drinking at a bar every weekend is practicing his own religion.  The bar is like the alter upon which he worships, the local football team he projects his hopes, frustrations, judgments, the coach is like a Preacher or Imam... local team good/ far away team bad.. national anthem before every game, local country good, far away country bad... and he does his work to maintain this lifestyle.  There are many parallels that can be made.  So in this way I agree with my dear brother Islaminevitable.

However, I also agree with Illuminati Clique and I think he makes an excellent point, in focusing on not the religion, but rather the role of subjectivity which leads to intolerance and potentially genocide of an opposing religion or race.

The point I'm trying to convey with that Saladin video (Nothing. Everything) and with that last post, is that, most religions or paths of spirituality cite God as being both knowable, but also vastly unknown. Zen is all about being totally ungraspable through explanation. Also I'm sure it says something about this in Koran aswell, I was read the Koran as a kid, but I can't remember verses or anything. But I remember it was something like there are 99 names of Allah that are known to man, but there is also Gods true name, which is only known to God. Therefore the Koran too acknowledges that God is knowable but also vastly unknowable. To me, as I see it: that footballer dude you were using as an example and aethists for that matter, are simply people who cope quite well with this unknowable facet of God. In simply living life and not knowing God, and knowing that they know nothing of God they are incrediblly spiritual and religious by not being spiritual or religious.  Because God can only comprehend and understand God, only God knows God's true name; all the other names are imperfect and this is why secularism, aethism and objectivity for that matter are essential in this world. Essential. Essential. Essential.  *echo fades out*

And none of y’all will ever know God’s real name
-'A Bullet Never Lies' (off Ill Bill's Moment of Reprisal, Vinnie Paz's verse)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:54:43 AM by Illuminati Clique »

The Overfiend

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 03:36:39 AM »
yo illuminati, we gotta have this conversation face to face, cuz you convolute your words way too much for me to understand what you mean...

Islam is also a moral code. So is Islam also destined to "implode"?

To say America is dysfunctional implies it dosn't function. It functions.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 04:54:30 AM »

Sure we can simpy say, "lets just punish people for the wrong they commit to others" but then of course you have to define what is a wrong! Whats the point in punishing that person if the wrong wasn't defined or if he had no knowledge that such a wrong was a wrong. The world is much more complicated than just assualt, murder, battery, etc There are really two types of law: Natural law (informed by religious and spiritual values) and the law of the State.
Slavery became a crime, when the State (aka the Leviathan) made it legally a crime.

This is drifting off into another subject, but since you don't seem to mind, I can explain further what I meant above.  The reason I said that the law should simply be "harm done to other people" is because I believe that any real crime should have a victim; first and foremost.  All victimless crimes, crimes against the state, such as selling ganja or being homosexual; should never be considered offenses punishable by law.

Any crime punishable by law should have a victim.  Otherwise, somebody the likes of George Bush, Sadaam Hussien, Ariel Sharon, Vladamir Putin is going to be deciding for us how we should live our life.

Theres a reason for affirmative action aka positive discrimination, because lets say we make the law equal. That is, make the law non-discriminatory, because remember back in ye old times it was, let say if we make it equal, it does nothing but preserve the status-quo. Because just simply practising equality, will not necessarily result in equality. If two people start off in incomparable situations, treating them similarly will merely perpetuate this, , furthure accentuating the differences.

Inequalities will always exist in society.  What you said is that we need "positive discrimination" laws to equal the playing field.  And I think that an "equal playing field" is something that is not a reality in nature or in human interaction.  No two human beings are alike, and resources are always limited for everyone.  Some people may have more resources than others, but this only creates an opportunity for exchange between two people.  Because if we all were TRULY 100% equal then it would no longer be possible for me to exchange with you personally or economically because I already have everything you have, and you have everything that I have.  So there is nothing wrong with in-equality, it is a fact of life we can never avoid.

Let me give you real world examples.  Let's say oil never came, and the Indian subcontinent was more "equal" to the Arabian peninsula financially.  Well then exchange could not take place between the two.  Because the Bangali's, Indians, Pakistani's would not see the benefit in immigrating to the Arab lands for higher wages and opportunities, and likewise the Arabs would not see the benefit in having these people provide them with cutting edge technology, hard construction labor, etc.  The part that I don't agree with is how citizenship is a law that is used to discriminate against others.  In the way you see Indian immigrants being stripped of passports, and incidents such as that.

Another example, and the most obvious one is the case of black people in America.  Let's say you want to equal the playing field.  So you make all these affirmative action laws aka "positive discrimination".   There are a few problems with this....

-are you saying blacks aren't capable of rising up on their own in the way other minorities such as Asians, Arabs, and Jews have in America?

-you've now created reverse racism in that whites will resent blacks as a threat to them, and they will now cry out that there is unfair play at hand, so you have now intensified the debate and hatred amongst whites and blacks

-If there is a large population of blacks who can not find work and get ahead or get "more equal" to whites then all you have done is created a HUGE potential market for black owned businesses.  Black people, recognizing their position in America can then pool their conscience and their resources towards their advancement, and support black owned businesses and projects in the free market... without the George Bush's of the world enforcing "positive discrimination" laws for them.

Anyway, word,  this is getting into a different topic, but the reason I raised it was that, IslamInevitable said that we can never have total objectivity, and we can never be totally separated from our prejudices, I agreed, but cited anti-discrimination law as an example of where objectivity (and the law is supposed to be objective) can take us so far.

The solution is not anti-discriminatory laws (which actually do more harm than good), the solution is to open up a free market, in which people can exchange freely to their advantage.  Therefore if blacks are being discriminated against by white owned businesses they can simply open up their own businesses or support white businesses who do not employ discriminatory policies.  But don't make the George Bush's of the world responsible for their advancement because they will always screw it up worse.

I would be more supportive of reparations for blacks then I would affirmative action and "positive discrimination" laws.  Because those businesses (some of which are still around today) should be punished for the harm they did to other people; as in the case of slavery or Jim Crow laws, etc.   

Even if a law is implemented that you think is a good one, it will not be executed properly.  Government is destined for failure every time because government relies on force.  So it can only last as long as you can hold your foot over somebodies head, because as soon as you turn the other way they will go right back to what they were doing.  That's why as soon as you give black people affirmative action, the white man goes and gets the Mexican to do his cheap labor and uses the label of "illegal alien" as an excuse for using them in the same way they would previously use black people.  Or they will find cheap labor overseas in Thialand or Indonesia outsourcing businesses to where cheap labor is available.  Who knows, maybe then even black people advance and start using Mexican's or other foreigners in the same way they were previously exploited.    So I'm sorry but you can not wave a magic wand over the world and create "equality".

Diary: How to Improve the World (You will only make matters
worse).
— John Cage

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »

The point I'm trying to convey with that Saladin video (Nothing. Everything) and with that last post, is that, most religions or paths of spirituality cite God as being both knowable, but also vastly unknown. Zen is all about being totally ungraspable through explanation. Also I'm sure it says something about this in Koran aswell, I was read the Koran as a kid, but I can't remember verses or anything. But I remember it was something like there are 99 names of Allah that are known to man, but there is also Gods true name, which is only known to God. Therefore the Koran too acknowledges that God is knowable but also vastly unknowable. To me, as I see it: that footballer dude you were using as an example and aethists for that matter, are simply people who cope quite well with this unknowable facet of God. In simply living life and not knowing God, and knowing that they know nothing of God they are incrediblly spiritual and religious by not being spiritual or religious.  Because God can only comprehend and understand God, only God knows God's true name; all the other names are imperfect and this is why secularism, aethism and objectivity for that matter are essential in this world. Essential. Essential. Essential.  *echo fades out*

And none of y’all will ever know God’s real name
-'A Bullet Never Lies' (off Ill Bill's Moment of Reprisal, Vinnie Paz's verse)

Beautiful post from beginning to end (nice finish with the Vinnie Paz verse).  

Yes, Islam does go to great lengths to explain that Allah is both knowable and unknowable.  The Qu'ran doesn't say anything about "not knowing Allah's real name".  I'm not aware of anything like that exactly... but what the Qu'ran does do is it explains that Allah can only be known through his attributes.  For example, he is the most high, the knowing, the loving, the biulder, the destroyer, the eternal, the absolute, and so on.  In one verse it says that Allah is "closer to us than our jugular vien"... that "Allah is always near to those who call on him"... that Allah's knowledge is omnipresent and so on.....  

....while on the other hand the Qu'ran then stresses just how "unknowable" Allah is.  How he is "unlike anything".  That he can't be contained in anything, that he can is Infinite, that our minds can never conjure up an image for Allah, and so on.

Nothing.... EVERYTHING!

That Sallahudin line from the movie is ether!!

The Overfiend

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2009, 06:12:08 AM »
Thanks Infinite.

Before you made a huge post, I agree with alot of it, but I must admit I don't know much about US social issues or affirmative action in the US. Positive discrimination dosn't have to be racially based however, its just another word, for instance, here in Australia you have to meet certain requirements to be eligable for welfare (such as only earn a small amount of money, no job, etc) so in this sense welfare here discriminates between rich and poor and targets the poor and needy, hence the term 'positive discrimination'. I was talking more from a legal perspective, on what the law should be and justifying it for what it is. The law may say one thing, and I believe it is essential to have laws first, so that society can have something to build upon, but I never argued that the law is a 'magic wand'. Afterall, most countries (including the US and Australia) are bound by the UN International Convenant on Economic, Cultural and Social Rights, and according to this document nobody is suppose to be homeless without shelter, without food, without adequate drinking water, etc. Its all excellent in principle, however it is far from the actual reality. 

Concerning affirmative action however, in Australia it is kind of a different story. Black people here are indigenous, native to the country, right now, Australia has actually derogated from the UN International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and has temporarily put aside its anti-discrimination laws so that it can positively discriminate against indigenous Australians, so this country is engaging in a level of positive discrimination that Conservative Americans would probablly find ridiculous. Now its not an easy issue, indigenous Australians have never really had a motivation to create wealth and such for themselves, which is also fine. Really, before the European settlers came, they lived a very nomadic lifestyle. The government has tried all types of policies including doing nothing, however, many tragic issues within Aboriginal society like petrol sniffing, child abuse, alcoholism, have always drawn back the intervention of the government. Its a sad issue for Australia.

Peace

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »
ITS SO HARD TO CHOOSE SIDES THOUGH... JEWS AND MUSLIMS HAVE SO MUCH HISTORY...
BUT THEY SHOW THEY HATE HEACH OTHER...

Jews and Muslims have lived together in peace for years...there is no hate on either side.

are u fuckin shrooming dogg?
lol look at palestine and israel...
obviously there is hate

btw..Palestine=1 country..cant talk for all muslims.
true but there still is fighting

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 02:46:40 PM »
Thanks Infinite.

Before you made a huge post, I agree with alot of it, but I must admit I don't know much about US social issues or affirmative action in the US. Positive discrimination dosn't have to be racially based however, its just another word, for instance, here in Australia you have to meet certain requirements to be eligable for welfare (such as only earn a small amount of money, no job, etc) so in this sense welfare here discriminates between rich and poor and targets the poor and needy, hence the term 'positive discrimination'. I was talking more from a legal perspective, on what the law should be and justifying it for what it is. The law may say one thing, and I believe it is essential to have laws first, so that society can have something to build upon, but I never argued that the law is a 'magic wand'. Afterall, most countries (including the US and Australia) are bound by the UN International Convenant on Economic, Cultural and Social Rights, and according to this document nobody is suppose to be homeless without shelter, without food, without adequate drinking water, etc. Its all excellent in principle, however it is far from the actual reality.  

Concerning affirmative action however, in Australia it is kind of a different story. Black people here are indigenous, native to the country, right now, Australia has actually derogated from the UN International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination and has temporarily put aside its anti-discrimination laws so that it can positively discriminate against indigenous Australians, so this country is engaging in a level of positive discrimination that Conservative Americans would probablly find ridiculous. Now its not an easy issue, indigenous Australians have never really had a motivation to create wealth and such for themselves, which is also fine. Really, before the European settlers came, they lived a very nomadic lifestyle. The government has tried all types of policies including doing nothing, however, many tragic issues within Aboriginal society like petrol sniffing, child abuse, alcoholism, have always drawn back the intervention of the government. Its a sad issue for Australia.

Peace

yur welcome, peace...

Yeah, I just don't like that.  Why do we turn to government to solve our problems?  Government has never been a solution to solving problems, they can only make matters worse.  The only advantage government has over a free market institution is the ability to employ the use of FORCE.  So like I said above, that will only last as long as you can hold your foot on somebodies head, and then they will go right back to doing what they want to do, whether that is sniffing petrol or whatever the aboriginals are doing in Australia.  

Also, the government and most people in general can only understand what is "SEEN" in the economy and they are unable to see what is 'UNSEEN".  It's like the whole argument that war is good for the economy, because of rebuilding projects and war economy utilizing excess resources, etc.  

It's the broken window theory.  A kids throws a rock and breaks a window to a barber shop, the people cheer because they say "now the plasterer will have employment in fixing the window".  What they don't see is that now the barber will have to spend money to fix the window, rather than spending it on a luxury item like taking his wife to see a movie, or investing in more comfortable chairs for the customers inside the barber shop, etc.   So you've lowered everyone's standard of living.

Likewise, in welfare, the people cheeir, because they say "now the poor will have more money".  What they don't see is the unseen.  The unseen is that those same businessman that you are stealing money from, will now have less money to invest in expanding their businesses, which could have helped supplied jobs and wealth for the poor who are now instead living off the state.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:48:50 PM by Infinite... the cognitive dissonance theory »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

what you are purporting is essentially a nihilistic skeleton of a existentialist ideology... but all forms of practiced ideologies are judged by their own course of existence; in your case you state uS to be that example where, although the reality contradicts it, "freedoms" are afforded to everyone and according to you these are the products of objective idealism.

in an existentialist perception, this freedom of attaining pleasure is suitable to everyone's carnal appetite... so as long as that persuit doesnt violate another's persuit;

but in your terms if you look at it in a utilitarian perspective its a society thats doomed to implode, cuz the utility of an object is derived from its moral worth, since no moral code is standard as that would be infringing on people's freedom, this spirit of nihilism has led to multiple conflicts that are bound to pour over eventually into an implosion -> dysfunctional america which is the true america and full of contradictions, and the one you paint is only applicable to you!

and please dont be a cross cultural judge and state that muslim societies suffer due to the lack of these objective idealism... its only due to the european invasion of those lands that those conflicts arose, and european invasion was incited due to its own ideology of objective idealism which you fervently espouse...

Okay... so you don't want cross-cultural references... then.. this is why it's important for Muslims to study the era of the Ottoman Empire.  Because essentially this is the last time that Muslims were strong enough to repel any advances made by the West.  So with the Ottoman Empire as your standard, can you still make the same statements you made above?

I'm trying to understand exactly what your saying, so correct me if I'm wrong.  But are you saying that because the West is built on the idea that man's goal is to consume and expand and that therefore it must ultimately overextend and implode upon itself?

I think your assuming that capitalism is a "Zero Sum Game".  I think your assuming that the only way to gain in capitalism is when another person loses.  But this is not the case.   Any time a trade is made in the capitalistic free market, BOTH SIDES GAIN!  Simply put, if I buy a watch from you for $20 I am saying that I value that watch more than the $20, while you are saying you value the $20 more than the watch, so we have both gained and our standard of living have improved by this trade on the free market.   From an employment standpoint, if I work at your factory for $1 an hour in the free market, I am stating that I value that $1 more than any other alternative available, and you are saying that you value my services more than holding onto  that $1, thus we have both improved our standard of living and both GAINED.  Then whatever capital is derived from the business is then invested back into the market either by investing it in a bank, or the stock market, or expanding one's business to create even greater employment and wealth creation opportunities.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:00:33 PM by Infinite... the cognitive dissonance theory »

IslamInevitable

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 05:28:30 PM »
i see  a  lot of good diversions and digressions, all tangential and well in their own respect...

i dont know how it got this far, but i only had two points i wanted to make with illuminati...

1st: the garb of sophistry, however technical, can never attain what it claims to attain -> that is objectivity; although i said you can get far from your prejudices that doesnt mean you can get anywhere near being objective. and i alluded to this earlier that objectivity comes with a standard, for example illuminati you give value to certain objects and that is depended on your own experience and that is dependent on the collective experience of your people, your "moral code" within your collective that you can consider yourself objective in, but as soon as you extrapolate that same standard elsewhere it becomes subjective to the nth degree, your ancestors didnt have any value for the native americans, so their extermination by giving them reservations was considered a good objective decision, to the natives it was unfathomable, and now since americans have evolved their standard, they can come to look at those times differently...

2nd: okay i'll give you that you are very objective in your line of thought, but you have to accept that when you parade and pontificate that objective standard, you are doing nothing but the same intolerance you convict other subjectivists of....

i'm speaking in paradigms... your speaking within a paradigm...

thats why we are not understanding each other
"In a ball of confusion.... shoulda never had me" - Tupac

The Overfiend

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
^Thats just another way of saying "everybody thinks inside of the box except for meeee!"

My response to that is that there is certain objective standards that are universal. The Right to life and existence, the right to not be arbitrarily deprived of liberty, a prohibition on slavery, a prohibition on  genocide, women's rights, rights of the child, the laws of war, Geneva Conventions, etc. These are objective standards that are held to be universal, they have their root in religious, spiritual and philosophical thought and despite the misgivings of history they have remained in representation and carried within the minds of individuals always at some point no matter how minute or token, for instance during the Spanish invasion of South America and the following genocide and destruction the Catholic priests attached to the Spanish army documented the horrors and continuely objected to the military campaign, these were individuals who kept their morals while those around them shed theirs. Also I know that Muhammad's army was suppose to be ethical to a degree and when He took Mecca he bid his men to refrain from slaughter of the innocents and those that had surrendered, etc. All these acts by various people throughout history have influenced and embodied the development of an unwritten natural law, that has in turn, influenced the development of international humanitarian principles that are held to be an objective universal standard today. I don't mind parading such objective standards and shoving them down the World's throat when you have 13 yr old pregnant child brides in Saudi Arabian hospitals, when you have Afghan boys who are raped by older men then made to keep silent about it lest it shame themselves, when you still have a culture of Islamic female clitoris mutilation in North Africa, etc

not even the golden arthritis of King Midas can buy peace for the righteous

You keep claiming my 'Mayflower' ancestors did this and this (even though I'm not American) but I bet if you look back into your ancestry you will find your ancestors are not without a history of violence as well. During WWII my grandfather was a Hungarian nationalist who sided with the Nazis out of convenience and flew bombers that dropped bombs on supposed Communist targets calmly killing scores of people. The other side of my family goes waaay back and they were most probably native Malays who ran through the jungle and chased down Spanish explorers and ate their hearts. These amazing acts of butchery and violence were committed against invading forces, however if haven't realized it yet: the world is a violent place and you are delusional if you think your genetic ancestors are without blood on their hands. The difference is I am righteous, but it seems you are self-righteous.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 06:48:27 PM by Illuminati Clique »