Author Topic: Torontonians crying in their beer  (Read 138 times)

Suga Foot

Torontonians crying in their beer
« on: August 19, 2009, 08:23:06 AM »
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1906547

Molson Coors Canada has pulled a B.C. billboard saying Coors Light is "colder than most people from Toronto," after public complaints.

Ferg Devins, the brewer's chief public affairs officer, said the company will pull about 30 billboards throughout B. C.

"We basically realize we've had a misfire here," Mr. Devins said. "It was a local insight. The intention was kind of playing off an East-West rivalry, but we're sorry because obviously we've offended some people."

The advertisement was designed by the Toronto firm DraftFCB, which refused comment yesterday.

The controversy erupted after Kathryn Gallagher Morton, a Newmarket, Ont., woman who was upset after she and her son spotted the ad while on a camping trip in B. C., complained to a Toronto newspaper.

''We actually saw the humour in it all,'' Ms. Gallagher Morton said yesterday.

"We just couldn't believe that Coors thought they could acquire customers by insulting them,'' Ms. Gallagher Morton said.

Yesterday, Twitter was flooded with hundreds of tweets from upset Torontonians, as well as hundreds more telling Torontonians to lighten up and not to take themselves so seriously.

Soon enough, Molson Coors Canada announced, via Twitter, that it decided to pull the ads, which are part of a Coors Light campaign that encourages people to complete the phrase "colder than ..."

Adam Moffat, spokesman for Coors Light, said the campaign, in its 12th week, was scheduled to end in early September, so the company decided that they "just ought to pull it down now."

I think the funniest part about this is that Coors head office is in Toronto, and it was designed by a Toronto company.

Big B

Re: Torontonians crying in their beer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
wimps.

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 11:54:59 AM »
f'real

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
I'm a Torontonian...I laughed at the ad.

However, I REFUSE to drink a Coors Light...not because of the ad though, but because I don't drink  ;D

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 01:24:33 PM »
I'm a Torontonian and I drink Coors Light, could care less about the ad, had a few of their beers today infact.  They are just trying to make a buck and feed of the other people in the country who are upset that T.O. is the biggest and best city in the country and are jealous.  Everyone always hates on number one.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 01:25:58 AM »
I assume they have a French majority in Toronto.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 01:31:49 AM »
lol I never saw this ad before....Our baseball teams been pounding mad coors lights all summer

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 01:52:58 AM »

peter99890

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:16 AM »
She is so nice in the Image. I really like her. Did u played NFS Under cover the latest version it is so difficult I need some help in completing some stages.