Author Topic: Besides Dre and Snoop, Death Row announces 2 other albums for 2009  (Read 1515 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Besides Dre and Snoop, Death Row announces 2 other albums for 2009
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
how is this issue of chronic going to sound better then the last mastered release from death row ?

Trust me, if you've had the OG Chronic and you listen to it back2back against the newer ones then you can hear the difference.  Some of the basses are "flat" or turned down, some of the synths are too light.  it's kinda hard 2 explain it if u don't kno wat im talkin about.

I don't haev a copy of the OG chronic, I got the remastered Death Row version, so how will this be better then that?

the original had the best mix.  it just sounds dated now with all this HD standardizing.  the re-releases just didn't have that bang in it and it was kinda sloppy.  Listen to "blueberry" off of tha doggfather.  the original shits on the tha other mixes.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
IMO all four discs should be unreleased stuff. No need to include some of the stuff that's regularly released ("Gin and Juice", "What's my name", "Afro Puffs", etc.)

hobomotel

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »
4 discs should definitely include some B-Rezell, Danny Boy, Jewell, Crooked I, LBC Crew.

The_Offence

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 08:53:51 AM »
death row just fucking go away already how many fucking times are they going to re release these albums itS OVER LET IT GO STOP MILKING THIS SHIT

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »
I think the DB will be the best release.  8)

lol, the snoop album will be of course

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 10:04:24 AM »
They need to stop playin and drop that Mc Hammer Too Tight song with Pac!
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »
Suge wasnt doing that with Nu Mixx Klazzics and Dead Man Walkin?

No.

When he was the CEO the label actually existed and that's all that matters to me.

Fuck Wideawake. Fuck Amaru.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 12:54:11 PM »
none of y'all muthafuckaz even know what you're talkin about.  WideAwake is gonna do DR the justice it deserves, obviously I'd rather have the entire DR catalog (to myself) or some1 like Scarface runnin' shit but fuckit.  I'm still trying to figure where all of this W.A is gonna destroy DR.  They brought the shit for 18mil in February and the firtst release is on September 1st.  wtf??  Get the wedgie Suge and Dre gave u from outcha asshole.  Just chill, W.A. know what tha fuck is really good (atleast that's how they make me feel as a fan).  There's 4 albums coming out this year (i think 1 is a 4 box set) so yeah, brawt in Feb. 09 releasing albums Sept, Oct, Nov, and probably Dec and most likely some more in the Winter and Spring of 2010 of all/most st8 original material, yeah i can fuck wit em.  Relax, u bitches is worser than a kid on christmas eve... chill dude

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 12:55:49 PM by DMV Moe »

THEREALBWS

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 01:21:14 PM »
damn i can't wait 4 this shit

cedrik

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »
"It's about first-generation Vietnamese kids in Southern California during the Death Row era who are all listening to Death Row and are involved in black-market activity," Lavi explained.

Lol.. there's just so many things I find funny about that...  ::)
you search a link for afros puff of lady of rage?

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:56 PM »
I think the DB will be the best release.  8)

lol, the snoop album will be of course

Nah, trust me despite that wack ass Welcome To Death Row song. Danny has song bangers in the vaults.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »

No.

When he was the CEO the label actually existed and that's all that matters to me.

Ah your a Suge Knight stan, gotcha

Fuck Suge
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »
Damn....a 'private auction'....Snoop and them should have tried to purchase the masters (that is if they didn't try already). 

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 01:42:50 AM »
Damn....a 'private auction'....Snoop and them should have tried to purchase the masters (that is if they didn't try already). 

I wouldn't be surprised if W.A. and all tha old DR Family all put their resources together behind the scenes to make this work.  Including fronting money before and after the deal

Jimmy H.

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »

No.

Well, the last couple of years he was more or less doing the same thing Wide Awake is, only with less unreleased material coming out. I think most people have sort of come to deal with the fact that Death Row is gone. I'm not interested in Death Row as a label. I'm interested in the music. I look at it like I do movies. If a movie studio goes out of business and another one buys their back catalog and releases new special edition DVD's, do I really care if it's not the original people doing it? Fuck no. I care about the material and how it is presented. I wouldn't want to see them fuck with it and alter or remix it too much but Death Row did plenty of that when Suge was in charge so it's not like it's the end of the fucking world.