Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????  (Read 1045 times)

2face09

• 'G'
Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????
« on: August 19, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »
does this really exsist? and if so is it not just some shitty poor quallity version? and also if the answers to my previous questions are yes, then is it a requestable song?

EFFeX

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:10:58 PM »
A leaked version that is extremely poor quality exists. I'm sure someone will up it for you.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »
it exists in decent Q

but it's garbage compared to the 2pac GEM
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
yeah i love pac's version, and just the other day i was bummpin that and my friend was all, did you  know this was origanally a doog pound track? i was like your full of shit, i'm sure if it was as you say i would know about it.

guess i was wrong haha
even if it is poor quallity, i would like to hear it just to hear whats up.
some one hook it up please???

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 09:07:13 PM »
hes right, but george clinton and pac redid it  (clintons vocals were redone)

and Pac blessed it with 3 dank verses and a hyped outro  (including the only reference to Biggie by name on the album "this ones for you big baby")
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 09:08:02 PM »
ay you a Dark Lotus fan?

i love "tales from the lotus pod" (marz version)

fucking great LP...don't like anything they put out after for some reason tho

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
That beat was also supposed to be for Dre and Cube's Heltah Skeltah album.

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 09:25:06 PM »

Actually i think I heard it was for Chronic 2. That and California Love was the only two tracks Dre ever completed or did for that project. California Love was definitely a Chronic 2 song.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 10:58:58 PM »
No it was for Dre / Cube.

Man that fuckin sucks the Heltah Skeltah version never leaked. I'd kill to hear that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

acgrundy

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:06:30 PM »
The heltah skeltah album would have been so unbelievable amazing.  Imagine an album full of Natural Born Killaz quality tracks with dre at the prime of his game.  Could have been the best album ever.

Efrain

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
hes right, but george clinton and pac redid it  (clintons vocals were redone)

George Clinton didn't redo anything. Pac just jumped on the previous incarnation of the track. Death Row engineers edited out parts of George Clinton's vocals, some of the backing vocals, and scrapped Dre's original bassline and drums to make it less g-funk sounding.

George Clinton laid down vocals for that song in May of '93, the same time Doggystyle was being recorded. Pac came in and recorded verses for his All Eyez on Me version two years later... the same way he did with "Got my Mind Made up" "skandelous" "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" "only god can judge me" "california love" "late night" "ambitionz as a ridah" etc etc. .. Pac wrapped up that album in like 3 weeks and he did it because he 1/2 of what he used was all the dope shit sitting in the DR vaults that was shelved from previous projects.    

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:45 AM »
does this really exsist? and if so is it not just some shitty poor quallity version? and also if the answers to my previous questions are yes, then is it a requestable song?
this ain't burger king

Mietek23

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 01:34:43 AM »
this ain't burger king

LOL, hahahahaha - you got him with that one :laugh:

Blasphemy

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 03:35:14 AM »

Actually i think I heard it was for Chronic 2. That and California Love was the only two tracks Dre ever completed or did for that project. California Love was definitely a Chronic 2 song.

Actually your wrong. Chronic 2 had more songs completed, but it wasn't enough for a full length album

Confirmed was

California Love (OG)
My Life
Keep your Heads Ringing (it was suppose to be done like Deep Cover was, except the Ice T Song Copkiller prevented Deep Cover from making The Chronic Album do it also talking about killin cops)
and a couple of others

Supposedly the album was to consist of 12 tracks, with 4 inserts, but Dre never finished it. All that was pressed was a Promo vinyl.

Okka

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 03:39:12 AM »
The original name of the track was "Hittin' Fo' The Fence" if i'm right. I'd pay for that unreleased Helter Skelter version.