Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????  (Read 1053 times)

hobomotel

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Can't C Me?????
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 04:50:15 AM »
The original name of the track was "Hittin' Fo' The Fence" if i'm right. I'd pay for that unreleased Helter Skelter version.

Really? Lets Play House was originally called Runnin Fo The Fence

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »
ay you a Dark Lotus fan?

i love "tales from the lotus pod" (marz version)

fucking great LP...don't like anything they put out after for some reason tho

ehhh i used to like all that kind of music but not any more. i kinda lost tuch with it, but thats cool that you feel that album. i havn't listened to anything from psychopathic in years now

does this really exsist? and if so is it not just some shitty poor quallity version? and also if the answers to my previous questions are yes, then is it a requestable song?
this ain't burger king

LOL, hahahahaha - you got him with that one :laugh:

oooo yeah he really got me there. how will i live with me self now???

miztanutty

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
Can't C Me was originally for Helter Skelter!!!
I know dat 4 a fact cuz i saw an episode of YO Mtv Raps witch Fab 5 & Cube (he had that huge fro' back then) where he talked about the Helter Skelter Album.He said they only recorded 3 Songs yet and Can't C Me feat. George Clinton was one of 'em.
Now I'm wondering if they ever recorded verses for that one????

JD Bastin

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:34 AM »
cant c me CDQ full - 4 sale for $300

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 11:54:27 AM »
damn that'd be sick, but fuck that

EFFeX

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2009, 12:18:46 PM »

Are you a representative for FTPE?

JD Bastin

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »

Are you a representative for FTPE?

above them

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Burger King
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »
ay you a Dark Lotus fan?

i love "tales from the lotus pod" (marz version)

fucking great LP...don't like anything they put out after for some reason tho

ehhh i used to like all that kind of music but not any more. i kinda lost tuch with it, but thats cool that you feel that album. i havn't listened to anything from psychopathic in years now

does this really exsist? and if so is it not just some shitty poor quallity version? and also if the answers to my previous questions are yes, then is it a requestable song?
this ain't burger king

LOL, hahahahaha - you got him with that one :laugh:

oooo yeah he really got me there. how will i live with me self now???
you won't cause this topic will get locked sooner or later.
and even if it doesn't happen, you still have no chance as leechers get kicked out.

by the way, enjoy your meal sir  :bandit:

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 05:57:37 PM »
Here's the song

don't know how to embed in here

Blasphemy

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
Here's the song

don't know how to embed in here

Props, lol yeah that's dope. Makes me wish Makaveli would of considered doing a Feature. Either way the beat got a proper spite on it.  8)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
Daz and Kurupt killed it too. I like their back and forth on there. On the Row, they really had that EPMD pattern going and it was nice. No one in hip hop ever had it going like that since them, and of course EMPD

Man, was Kurupt ill with the flow then. His voice and delivery was fierce. What happen Kurupster?  ???
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:05:51 PM by PresidentUP »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »
Daz and Kurupt killed it too. I like their back and forth on there. On the Row, they really had that EPMD pattern going and it was nice. No one in hip hop ever had it going like that since them, and of course EMPD

Man, was Kurupt ill with the flow then. His voice and delivery was fierce. What happen Kurupster?  ???

thats cuz Kurupt wrote the rhymes and Daz made the beats

method man and redman??

eminem and royce  (circa 2000)

raekwon and ghostfacE?

2pac and stretch?

dre and snoop?

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:04:50 PM by False Things Must Perish! »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
hes right, but george clinton and pac redid it  (clintons vocals were redone)

George Clinton didn't redo anything. Pac just jumped on the previous incarnation of the track. Death Row engineers edited out parts of George Clinton's vocals, some of the backing vocals, and scrapped Dre's original bassline and drums to make it less g-funk sounding.

George Clinton laid down vocals for that song in May of '93, the same time Doggystyle was being recorded. Pac came in and recorded verses for his All Eyez on Me version two years later... the same way he did with "Got my Mind Made up" "skandelous" "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" "only god can judge me" "california love" "late night" "ambitionz as a ridah" etc etc. .. Pac wrapped up that album in like 3 weeks and he did it because he 1/2 of what he used was all the dope shit sitting in the DR vaults that was shelved from previous projects.    

Whoa hold on. I know "Got My Mind Made Up" and "Can't C Me" were originally Dogg Pound songs. And I know "California Love" was a Dre solo. But what about "Skandelous", "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted", "Only God Can Judge Me", "Late Night", and "Ambitionz as a Ridah"?

I'm positive Daz said him and Pac did "Ambitionz As a Ridah" together in the studio right after Pac got out of jail.  And "2 of Amerika'z Most Wanted" couldn't have possibly been a left over.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

acgrundy

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »
hes right, but george clinton and pac redid it  (clintons vocals were redone)

George Clinton didn't redo anything. Pac just jumped on the previous incarnation of the track. Death Row engineers edited out parts of George Clinton's vocals, some of the backing vocals, and scrapped Dre's original bassline and drums to make it less g-funk sounding.

George Clinton laid down vocals for that song in May of '93, the same time Doggystyle was being recorded. Pac came in and recorded verses for his All Eyez on Me version two years later... the same way he did with "Got my Mind Made up" "skandelous" "2 of Amerikaz most wanted" "only god can judge me" "california love" "late night" "ambitionz as a ridah" etc etc. .. Pac wrapped up that album in like 3 weeks and he did it because he 1/2 of what he used was all the dope shit sitting in the DR vaults that was shelved from previous projects.   

Whoa hold on. I know "Got My Mind Made Up" and "Can't C Me" were originally Dogg Pound songs. And I know "California Love" was a Dre solo. But what about "Skandelous", "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted", "Only God Can Judge Me", "Late Night", and "Ambitionz as a Ridah"?

I'm positive Daz said him and Pac did "Ambitionz As a Ridah" together in the studio right after Pac got out of jail.  And "2 of Amerika'z Most Wanted" couldn't have possibly been a left over.

yeah Ambitionz as a ridah is the first song pac recorded on death row.  and 2 of amerikaz most wanted was recorded soley for that album because snoop had his murder trial going on and pac had his issues w/ the law.

smp4life

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 02:15:50 AM »
Ice Cube was supposedly on the original version of California Love.