Author Topic: E40 INTERVIEW (All About Slang)  (Read 127 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 09:36:21 PM by Rodzilla aka tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Peter-5150

• 'G'
Re:E40 INTERVIEW (All About Slang)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2002, 10:24:17 PM »
Thanks for the link to the interview. Good to see E-40 talking about his slang.

"So how do you react to everybody appropriating your slang?

It hurts. It don’t hurt when it’s somebody like you that uses it or when it’s normal people, but when rappers use it and don’t pay homage it hurts. I ain’t trying to start no motherfucking rap wars, though. That’s a waste of time. I just charge it to the microphone and let the game deal with it. See I’m rare like a steak but I’m not into beefing. I’d rather shoot that to the left. I’m a grown man now. I’m a boss. I’m a fixture and I’m not a motherfuckin’ donut. I’m in a class by myself like a kid having a detention. My lyrics poke out like nipples."
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 10:25:14 PM by Peter-5150 »

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 10:35:00 PM »
That was a dope interview, It's all Gravity.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2002, 11:02:08 PM »
So let’s start with the obvious: you coined the phrase “fo’ shizzle,” right?
I was the first one who put it out there real tough in 1996 on my song “Rappers Ball.” We were saying “fo’ sheezy,” and “fo’ shizzle.” I told Jay-Z after he used it on his record, I said, “That’s a Bay Area word, man.” That’s from the land where they pop they collars and jack they slacks. Then I took it to “fo’ shiggedy”, to “fo’ shiggadough” and now “fo’ shiggadale,” that’s the newest. You know, it don’t stop. 75% of the words I made up. Even before this rap game my ear’s always been to the street. I’ve been making up slang words since the first grade, you smell me? I stay coming with something to keep the game interesting. I tell ’em the rap game without 40 is like old folks without bingo.

wasnt snoop sayin that shit n like '92- '93 like "9 trizzey" and all that? and also wasnt he sayin it n '96 2?

SICK DOG

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2002, 11:25:11 PM »
YEAH SNOOP DOESNT GET CREDIT FOR ALOT OF SHIT THESE DAYS...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2002, 11:26:02 PM by SICK DOG »

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2002, 11:40:10 PM »
people sayin camron started all this OH BOY shit...fuck that...thats E-40....and the whole damn yay....muthafuckas got it all twisted...90% of the slang in hip hop today originated from the yay

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2002, 06:54:19 AM »
Someone posted an interview similar to this up before, and he said he wasn't mad at Snoop because he's from the west and what not, and as someone said above Snoop has been using that type of slang for along time now, he hasn't just used it out of the blue like other rappers, namely Jay-Z, Cam'ron etc.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.