Author Topic: Sean Paul - Gimme the Light..wtf is this bullshit?  (Read 358 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sean Paul - Gimme the Light..wtf is this bullshit?
« on: October 31, 2002, 12:37:42 AM »
i was listenin to da radio(Power106) today cuz i forgot to bring ma cd player...and they keep playing this gay ass fucking song...does anyone here actuallly like this song? it has to be one of the wackest shit i've ever heard...i can't even understand what this guy is sayin...i juss wonder how a wack ass muthafucker like him get a fucking record deal...dis is one of the reasons why i don't listen to radio these days...they bump the wackest shit...

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Sean Paul - Gimme the Light..wtf is this bullshit?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 07:20:49 AM »
It's dancehall, and i've heard it's getting really big in the US now. As for this song, it's quite old now, well atleast a few months, I didn't like it much at first but it's one of those songs that grow on your with time.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 08:45:01 AM »
i was listenin to da radio(Power106) today cuz i forgot to bring ma cd player...and they keep playing this gay ass fucking song...does anyone here actuallly like this song? it has to be one of the wackest shit i've ever heard...i can't even understand what this guy is sayin...i juss wonder how a wack ass muthafucker like him get a fucking record deal...dis is one of the reasons why i don't listen to radio these days...they bump the wackest shit...

the song aint wack  not because u dont the song means thats its wacck  This type of song iz more for a Jamaican audience Its not rap its not R&B its Dance Hall (reggae

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 09:17:00 AM »
This is the club banger. Dancehall is the motherfuckin' shit. Although the beat isn't traditional dancehall.

DoLLaBiLL_33

• Lil Geezy
  • Keep it Compton
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 10:35:27 AM »
That's shit's strictly for the club. They can play the video, but they shouldn't play that shit on the radio. When that shit come on in the club, the femalez lose they minds... ;D ;D ;D
*LA..Where 80% of the population Gang Bang

*I gotta keep the P in it baby, mothafuck you hoes

*I'm a roll model, ya I roll models in and out of my room at night lookin' guilty with they hole hollow

*Gang Bang ? The name of ya album ain't the name of ya gang

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2002, 07:08:10 PM »
man this song bangin...well at least it used to be...its a little played out...people swear u cant understand him...i mean its just his accent...but u can understand him enough to get what hes talkin about...sean paul tight as hell...that track him and mr vegas(one of the toughest men alive) and dmx got on the belly soundtrack is nuts....

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2002, 07:35:19 PM »
that track him and mr vegas(one of the toughest men alive) and dmx got on the belly soundtrack is nuts....

Word! Here Comes The Boom. One of the best tracks he is featured on is "Magnificent 7" which teams up Kingston's illest Sound Boy's. It's a classic Dancehall track. They play it in Belly too. The first song they play when they hit up that Jamaican party.

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2002, 07:58:16 PM »
Im totally feeling this song but it is quite old.

"Give me the light and pass the Droooo"

It has grown on me so much I actually downloaded the song. Does anyone know if his album is any good?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2002, 07:58:33 PM by Peter-5150 »

kuniver

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Going For A 7th!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2002, 10:28:59 PM »
this song is tite.. i even got the beat asz my ringtone, i just love this song, its the shit that gets the party jumpin!
"I smash mics like cornbread, you can't kill me I was born dead"- Big L (RIP)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2002, 02:10:44 PM »
u fools need to expand your boundarie

dancehall is dope!
living in toronto with its large caribbean community exposes you reggae, dancehall etc

i got luv for sean paul,

give me the light, grindin remix, here comes the boom
are all bangin

show luv to sean paul

"they say the sex is not what it used to beeeee, believe me!"
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2002, 02:11:24 PM »
oh yeah and Money Jane was sick too
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll