Author Topic: I'm supposed to give Ramadaan speach at masjid so I'm going to work on it here..  (Read 247 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
During the month, they are having different people give short 5 minute speeches in between the night prayers (taraweeh) of the month of Ramadaan.  They ahve me slated for one of the nights.  Just brainstorming on my ideas here, comments welcome.  The basic idea is that I'm going to speak in a way that everything I say is true.

-Even as the atheist believes that the sun will rise the next day, they are actually expressing a belief in a natural order of things.  Islam is fitrah, which means what is natural.  That's why we believe in Islam that the sun and the moon are "Muslims".  Because they do nothing more than submit to the will of Allah, by following his course as it is divinely prescribed and they can never deviate from that course.  Thus, they are submitters to Allah, "Muslims".

-As Muslims we believe alcohol to be forbidden by Allah.  Yet there are many forces that are acting against us.  They act in a very organized fashion.  You have beer companies, with million dollar marketing budgets.  During the Superbowl they pay a million dollars just for one minute of air time.  They are very organized with CEO's, middle management, distributors and so on.  All working to sell you something against your deen.  So likewise, we must be equally organizing if we want to repel this evil.  This is partly why Allah has organized us in straightened rows for Sallat, 5 times a day, because this is the start of creating organization and unity.

-Have you ever been out in public and you see a man, and you just know he is a Muslim?   There's just something about him you can't describe that tells you his a Muslim.  I think one of the reasons for this is that so much of our deen, is shared experiences, shared pain and shared joy.  During Ramadaan, a billion Muslims throughout the world are all enduring the pain of fasting and the joys of breaking fast simultaneously.

-Ramadaan is a time for mercy and also a time for forgiveness.  It comes in as a mercy to the whole Ummah.  Then during the month we have many oppurtunities to seek Allah's forgiveness.  Not only forgiveness from Allah, but also why not forgive each other.  As the Qu'ran says something to the effect of, kind words and covering of faults are best for us.

..that should be 5 minutes

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The Overfiend

Yo Infinite, I'm not a Muslim in the orthodox sense.

But can I raise something about that speech. Why do you have to say "there are many forces acting acting against us. They act in a very organized fashion. You have beer companies, with million dollar marketing budgets..."?

It seems to imply that such companies are specifically tageting Muslims and therefore are real and actual manifestations of evil.
In reality I don't think the Beer companies are specifically targeting Muslims, rather they just want to get through to anyone who may have the inclination to drink. This by implication, rather than by any specific intent may include Muslims.
I see not drinking or eating pork (which I don't, I don't eat pork) as an entirely personal choice, a decision totally devoid of any need or desire to be associated with any group that likewise professes to not eat pork. Because as you are the only person who ultimately decides what passes into your body it would be ridiculous to tie such a decision to an association to any group. To me, this touches upon the true nature of Jihad, that is, an entirely personal battle. IMO, the struggle with evil is internal first and foremost, evil manifests externally in the world when people give in to that inner struggle. A few years ago when I was struggling to quit smoking cigarettes, to me, them cigarettes became the Devil, I knew that objectively they are not the devil, but at a subjective personal point of view I considered them as such in a sort of part serious part humorous way, that is, something that was trying to hold me back by appealing to my ego and base desire. But maybe this is actually what you mean anyway.

“Hell is not a place you go if you’re not a Christian, its the failure of your life’s greatest ambitions”.
-I.T ‘Leaving the Past’

“Satan belongs to God’s inner circle of angels, he is an adversary of human-beings, not God”.
-DJ Muggs ‘?’ Legend of the Mask & the Assassin
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:33:27 AM by Illuminati Clique »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Yo Infinite, I'm not a Muslim in the orthodox sense.

But can I raise something about that speech. Why do you have to say "there are many forces acting acting against us. They act in a very organized fashion. You have beer companies, with million dollar marketing budgets..."?

It seems to imply that such companies are specifically tageting Muslims and therefore are real and actual manifestations of evil.
In reality I don't think the Beer companies are specifically targeting Muslims, rather they just want to get through to anyone who may have the inclination to drink. This by implication, rather than by any specific intent may include Muslims.
I see not drinking or eating pork (which I don't, I don't eat pork) as an entirely personal choice, a decision totally devoid of any need or desire to be associated with any group that likewise professes to not eat pork. Because as you are the only person who ultimately decides what passes into your body it would be ridiculous to tie such a decision to an association to any group. To me, this touches upon the true nature of Jihad, that is, an entirely personal battle. IMO, the struggle with evil is internal first and foremost, evil manifests externally in the world when people give in to that inner struggle. A few years ago when I was struggling to quit smoking cigarettes, to me, them cigarettes became the Devil, I knew that objectively they are not the devil, but at a subjective personal point of view I considered them as such in a sort of part serious part humorous way, that is, something that was trying to hold me back by appealing to my ego and base desire. But maybe this is actually what you mean anyway.

“Hell is not a place you go if you’re not a Christian, its the failure of your life’s greatest ambitions”.
-I.T ‘Leaving the Past’

“Satan belongs to God’s inner circle of angels, he is an adversary of human-beings, not God”.
-DJ Muggs ‘?’ Legend of the Mask & the Assassin

I'm speaking from an Islamic perspective to a crowd of Muslims.  So from there perspective their are in an effort to avoid alcohol use.  The beer companies are obviously in an effort to encourage use of their product which is alcohol.  Therefore, like you alluded to at the conclusion of your post, from the Muslim perspective they are doing something harmful or "evil" to Muslims if you want to use that word but I didn't actually use that word.

So you said you are not an orthodox Muslim, well neither am I.  Can you be more detailed... are you saying you maybe you used to be a Muslim, but have since drifted to such an extent you don't know what exactly to label yourself as?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:35:45 AM by Infinite... the cognitive dissonance theory »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Cali Climate

Talk about the latest testament to Allah. A guard is killed when sectarian Jihadis fire into a rival mosque with in a cease fire zone.

That'll get them energized.

The Overfiend

So you said you are not an orthodox Muslim, well neither am I.  Can you be more detailed... are you saying you maybe you used to be a Muslim, but have since drifted to such an extent you don't know what exactly to label yourself as?

LOL nah its kind of just a joke within my family because I don't eat pork so people in my family are always reminding me its Ramadan and such.

But yo I'm comfortable with not having a label as such. I've always had lots of exposure to different beliefs since I was a kid anway. Its all good though, do you brother.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 03:05:29 AM by Illuminati Clique »

Cali Climate

Defining ones self less and less every day is the sign of maturity.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Nah its kind of just a joke within my family because I don't eat pork so people in my family are always reminding me its Ramadan and calling me a Muslim telling me to go pray and such. I'm comfortable with not having a label. I've always had lots of exposure to different beliefs since I was a kid anway. Its all good, do you brother.

Ya, I didn't think you were a Muslim, and wasn't trying to influence you towards it; I just wondered what you meant by "I'm not a Muslim in the orthodox sense"... because obviously that statement would make someone assume you were a Muslim in the general, unorthodox sense, lol.

LAXCENTRAL

Talk about the latest testament to Allah. A guard is killed when sectarian Jihadis fire into a rival mosque with in a cease fire zone.

That'll get them energized.
lol wow dude... ur a funny fool