Author Topic: Tha Realest new album only sold 172 copies first week?  (Read 1431 times)

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Tha Realest new album only sold 172 copies first week?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 01:44:20 AM »
LOL no shit.I could release an album tommorow and sell more then that

i'd cop it if you had a guest appearance by Crooked  8)
he could get that crook/royce combo for $2500 spit the verse of his life and make a single out of it

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2009, 02:02:28 AM »
only 438 cd's? that really sucks...

the boxden info was posted last week.... 172 cds sold in the 1st week it said, its been out nearly 3 weeks and it sold 438? He has to retire.

retire? why? tha realest has a tight crib , is and always has pushed nice whips , and has traveled many a place and made good money . . all off of rap . he has done these things AND survived in the rap game [unlike a TON of some of you other guys' favorite rappers] for 10 PLUS YEARS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL ALBUM . a GREAT album in the can and on store shelves and a NEW business relationship with mike lynn , and his 1st tours in the PUBLIC EYE [like his 1st coming next month with yukmouth , young buck , and bun b in florida] lead me to believe the future is as bright as its ever been for tha realest . look at the big picture people .     

shit if that's surviving in the rap game.....fuck it I'm coming out with an album

Blasphemy

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2009, 06:47:42 AM »
to blasphemy :

no my friend im not saying you're wrong or right , all im saying is that we've heard that knock on tha realest OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN . we heard it then and we hear it now , NOW with that being said do we ever move on to THE MUSIC ? the album is DOPE , as fans of dope WESTCOAST music shouldnt that be the story for us at this point . lets let the needless hating go , the west needs all the love it can get and this album IS LOVELY .

First the above conversation then the qoute: West Coast rap has already fallen hard, but you honestly can't compare The Realest to any of them. Not hating, look at his situation, the hugest promotional he had during his 10 something years was becoming part of Death Row's Second Dynasty. Unfortunately suge, was signing people who's style is smiler to the originals.

He became known as the 2pac biter since inception. While Crooked I consistently dropped mixtape, and Audio Week and did various promotional stuff to stay notice, all the realest did was work on his album, which strangely looks like it didn't change since its Original incarnation.If The Realest had done more to keep his hype his sells would be higher.He did a TV commercial, which is on youtube. Even now he still sounds like 2pac (his style has evolved since the death row days) which is already going to invoke the average listener not to buy do 2 respect 2 2pac and hate for biters.

Detox well, I wouldn't be surprised if it flopped, with guess like Lil Wayne, T.I., and R Kelly. The entire album sounds like its going to be a huge commercialized piece.

West Rap is on the decline, look what's happening. Old artist are selling out or being hypocrites, old groups break up with nearly all the members retiring, new signees never drop a album sadly it seems at the behest of the OGs labels they signed too. In the end its basically our current older crop preventing and killing off the newer one. people don't capitalize off controversy, the hype or anything that can give them that extra push, and boom they get stuck in the underground for years (hell I'm still amazed realest got his shit released).

Ok, now for the qoute.

and your going to keep hearing it until either he changes the style or he changes his voice. Personally I see realest as a 2pac biter, but I also see him as a legitimate artist struggling cause he was only signed do 2 the 2pac similarities. I don't got hate, let the boy do his thing, but when the thing isn't original it presents a problem.

Now when people look past the biting they say he is a dope artist, but a counter for that is he only sounds dope cause he is replicating a style.Either way The Realest will always get flak for his past actions, past controversy and his 2pacish demeanor. The style, the laugh, the mannerism, the way he talks like 2pac, he takes the fall. On his voice/looks. He can't help that..

outlaw77

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 08:44:53 AM »

the boxden info was posted last week.... 172 cds sold in the 1st week it said, its been out nearly 3 weeks and it sold 438? He has to retire.

retire? why? tha realest has a tight crib , is and always has pushed nice whips , and has traveled many a place and made good money . . all off of rap . he has done these things AND survived in the rap game [unlike a TON of some of you other guys' favorite rappers] for 10 PLUS YEARS WITHOUT AN OFFICIAL ALBUM . a GREAT album in the can and on store shelves and a NEW business relationship with mike lynn , and his 1st tours in the PUBLIC EYE [like his 1st coming next month with yukmouth , young buck , and bun b in florida] lead me to believe the future is as bright as its ever been for tha realest . look at the big picture people .     

shit if that's surviving in the rap game.....fuck it I'm coming out with an album

ummm yes  , please explain to me how that isnt surviving in the rap game

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2009, 03:54:05 PM »
This Album Is A Classic From The First Tracc 2 The Last.. Nough Said!

Mietek23

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »
Sales don't prove SHIT these days - The album is great and I recommend everyone that likes West Coast music to buy it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »

ummm yes  , please explain to me how that isnt surviving in the rap game

Well lets see, no album his whole career, it finally comes out to almost no sales, and almost no one knows of him apart from the people on this board.

I'm not hating on the guy or his album. I'm just saying that if this is called surviving in the rap game, what the fuck does it take to not survive?