Author Topic: Knoc-Turn'Al - Rock The Party (Produced By Scott Storch)  (Read 2960 times)

Matty

Re: Knoc-Turn'Al - Rock The Party (Produced By Scott Storch)
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:01 AM »
i don't profess to know the inner workings of things, but it seems like one album on that particular label can take a while. ask crooked i :-\

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »
I have no ill will towards Treacherous. There a great label with probably the best talent roster on the entire west coast and I have a good relationship with all of there artists and especially employee Mickey.

But for those who say "Fuck knoc he aint dropped this yet?" I speak to Knoc on a personal level and he wants nothing more than to release this & The Book of Knoc. If it was up to him, both would be in stores today if he could do that. It's not on him to release it, it's on the label, just like that is the case with any signed music artist in this industry.

Dre-Day: He has a 1 album deal with Treacherous.

No offense but that is what you are supposed to say lol

I personally can't stand them. You have done more for that label in the last year or two then they have since they started (dubcnn has done their part as well). There is no promo, no nothing from them other than mixtapes that the artists drop. If they have to be that pro active to get their music out then might as well do it indie. They fucking up IMO, period.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 10:45:21 AM »
I have no ill will towards Treacherous. There a great label with probably the best talent roster on the entire west coast and I have a good relationship with all of there artists and especially employee Mickey.

But for those who say "Fuck knoc he aint dropped this yet?" I speak to Knoc on a personal level and he wants nothing more than to release this & The Book of Knoc. If it was up to him, both would be in stores today if he could do that. It's not on him to release it, it's on the label, just like that is the case with any signed music artist in this industry.

damn, so it's basically welcome to death row :P

Muhfukka

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
each month that passes without his shit coming out just makes it more and more unlikely that it ever will

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 12:06:53 PM »

I personally can't stand them. You have done more for that label in the last year or two then they have since they started (dubcnn has done their part as well). There is no promo, no nothing from them other than mixtapes that the artists drop. If they have to be that pro active to get their music out then might as well do it indie. They fucking up IMO, period.
I appreciate your honest opinion. All I am stating is that Knoc-turn'al should not be blamed for this not being released yet. I am not saying who should be blamed (I really dunno what the issue is) but it shouldn't be Knoc.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Portugoal

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »

lol, Mickey defends mixtape DJ's. Fuck him.

I don't see how anyone can find Treacherous a great label. They have some of the best artists signed, but can't release a damn mixtape; let alone an album. How many years has Crooked I been fucking with these fools? Even with the HHW hype they couldn't release shit, except for a shitty iTunes EP.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

I appreciate your honest opinion. All I am stating is that Knoc-turn'al should not be blamed for this not being released yet. I am not saying who should be blamed (I really dunno what the issue is) but it shouldn't be Knoc.

I will tell ya who you need to blame, Treacherous. Like I said if they are putting all the responsibility on the artist to succeed then that are they good for? They should be cutting you a check for all the free promo you have been doing for Knoc, real talk. When a journalist for a hip hop website is doing more promo for your artists then the label itself, there is a problem.

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 12:49:17 PM »
Knoc-turn'al will get some music out there

kuruptDPG

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »
Knoc-turn'al will get some music out there

whether it happens, it happens. knoc should drop some traks on the daily on the net  8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
I just wanna get the tape so I can bang that new Knoc, fucking label issues and release dates seem to plague every artist these days...

Ayo Luna, so if Knoc got a 1 album deal on treacherous, is the mixtape counted as that album? since its a street album with all original material and is being distributed through Treachorous?

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 04:01:03 PM »
I just wanna get the tape so I can bang that new Knoc, fucking label issues and release dates seem to plague every artist these days...

Ayo Luna, so if Knoc got a 1 album deal on treacherous, is the mixtape counted as that album? since its a street album with all original material and is being distributed through Treachorous?
No, "The Book of Knoc" must be that album on the 1 album deal.

Portugoal

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »

No, "The Book of Knoc" must be that album on the 1 album deal.

Another career ruined by Treacherous Records. Dude's stuck on that label till his album is released and they can't even put out a mixtape.

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »
Knoc will get some music out there

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:31 AM »
Mauzip: Dre has never charged Knoc for a beat or verse
Active: It's a street album not an EP..get cha facts straight
Gio: Warren G & Knoc-turn'al reconnected recently. Warren G had lost a contact on Knoc after he moved to Texas years ago. I recently gave Warren G Knoc's phone number and they spoke. Knoc was actually supposed to appear on "The G-Files" (the song is done) but Warren couldn't get it on in time :-X

As for Dre & DOC, Knoc was recently with both of them at Dre's house. Knoc stopped by Dre's house and they just kicked it. No music, but they chatted and spent a good chunk of the afternoon/night together. Knoc is all aware of the upcoming DOC voice surgery stuff ;)

ok, LMAO, a street album is getting the detox treatment by knoc, wow
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »
^That don't make sense because both the street album and album are done (Knoc) whereas Detox isn't.