Poll

Snoop (Doggy) Dogg or Sean (Jay Z) Carter?

Snoop
Jay

Author Topic: Who is the better Rapper? Snoop or Jigga?  (Read 860 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who is the better Rapper? Snoop or Jigga?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 08:16:34 PM »
damn alotta dukes sayin jay easily
IMO snoop dropped more classic soundin material
but jay has dropped some bangers
snoop is saved by the beat
jay saves the beat
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:05 AM »
DOGGY STYLE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>big ass wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blueprint or reasonable doubt

The fact that you compared Blueprint to Reasonable Doubt shows you're opinion doesn't matter.

wut the fuck you on about did i compare? dumb mothufucker???
::)
Blueprint OR Reasonable Doubt

Exactly. Look at your own post, you put blueprint up there with reasonable doubt, you "dumb mothufucker".

hell nah i didnt compare it
dem 2 albums r prob be the most famous jay z album
dats why i put it up there and dats not the point bitch
jst tryna say doggystyle is wayyyy better than jays shit

MediumL

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 01:51:39 AM »
Lol Snoop doesn't even write a lot of his rhymes and when he does they aren't as great. Yes doggystyle is better than any of jays but at least jay has maintained some his rapping abilities.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 02:35:18 AM »
DOGGY STYLE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>big ass wall>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blueprint or reasonable doubt

The fact that you compared Blueprint to Reasonable Doubt shows you're opinion doesn't matter.

Exactly. Look at your own post, you put blueprint up there with reasonable doubt, you "dumb mothufucker".

dats why i put it up there

Exactly. You just follow what other people think and pick out the famous albums rather than listening to the lyrics and finding out what's hot and what's not. If you did you would niether put Blueprint beside Reasonable Doubt nor would you put Doggystyle above it.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:12 AM »

dats why i put it up there

Exactly. You just follow what other people think and pick out the famous albums rather than listening to the lyrics and finding out what's hot and what's not. If you did you would niether put Blueprint beside Reasonable Doubt nor would you put Doggystyle above it.

Lol im sorry dude im not a fan of jay z and plus dem 2 r prob be the only jay cd i actually bought and listend
 and dont wanna go thru all them pop bullshit songs dat washed up old ass done

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
I'm not really a fan of Jay any more either and I'm more than aware of all his pop songs, but I think Reasonable Doubt speaks for itself as proof his ability as an MC, and I would say it's miles ahead of all his other albums.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:18 PM »
If you haven't listened to both of their discographies then you shouldn't be in this discussion. I hate it when people try to pretend like they've listened to albums just to seem knowledgeable.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2009, 04:37:58 PM »
Jigga has been the better rapper post the last meal era BUT when snoop hits his occasional form these days, its still better than most rappers out there. His voice is unique and so is his flow that even with his sharp high pitched voice, its got more presence than most rappers even if he aint rappin agressive.

Jigga has a much much bigger machine behind him but its actually a reasonable question about who is better. snoop is jigga of the westcoast and jigga is snoop of the eastcoast if that makes sense.

I still take snoop though, just a personal fav of mine ever since i was a kid. He might not always write his rhymes which is ashame because his best shit is usually when its him or him +doc writing but its great. As for the beat saving snoop, thats bullshit, snoop is one of the few hitmakers still alive in hiphop. Snoop will make a hit beat a hit, most would waste it.

Paul

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »
I prefer Snoops discovery
funkyfreshintheflesh

thisoneguy360

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
I don't even like Jay that much but I'd have to say he's the better lyricist, Snoop is just more catchy and flows better.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »
I dunno. Snoop IMO.  Jay Z Ive always felt was overrated.  You cant use "classic" albums as an argument because that has absolutely nothing to do with how good of a rapper you are.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2009, 06:25:28 PM »
REAL TALK DAYGO

I dunno. Snoop IMO.  Jay Z Ive always felt was overrated.  You cant use "classic" albums as an argument because that has absolutely nothing to do with how good of a rapper you are.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »
I dunno. Snoop IMO.  Jay Z Ive always felt was overrated.  You cant use "classic" albums as an argument because that has absolutely nothing to do with how good of a rapper you are.

Classics have everything to do with how good of a rapper you are. If its not about the music then what the hell are we judging?

If you compare an average lyricist who makes incredible songs and albums, to a freestyler who has lyrics for days but comes out with crappy music. The first one is the greater rapper.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 07:07:57 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
I dunno. Snoop IMO.  Jay Z Ive always felt was overrated.  You cant use "classic" albums as an argument because that has absolutely nothing to do with how good of a rapper you are.

Classics have everything to do with how good of a rapper you are. If its not about the music then what the hell are we judging?

If you compare an average lyricist who makes incredible songs and albums, to a freestyler who has lyrics for days but comes out with crappy music. The first one is the greater rapper.

co-sign. If you're not looking at albums then what the fuck are you looking at? An emcees ability as a complete artist is dependent on whether or not they can make a dope cohesive alub. That's why someone like Fabolous or Jadakiss, although they are dope rappers, will never be a GOAT because they simply can't make a well rounded album