Author Topic: Raekwon- Catalina (Produced by Dr. Dre)  (Read 1645 times)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: Raekwon- Catalina (Produced by Dr. Dre)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »
same melody as eve's "what you want" from ruff ryders vol. 1 circa 1999, just slowed down a little bit.
Haha, another one. Dre switched from sampling musicians to re-making/sampling rap songs.

TRG

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 12:17:26 AM »
Love the bass, overall beat is cool, nothing outstanding to be honest, "Nigga Me" is the Dre/Rae track i was most looking forward to after hearing the snippets.

Raekwon was nice as usual.

but damn i hate clean tracks lol

Prof@ssor

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 01:35:15 AM »
same melody as eve's "what you want" from ruff ryders vol. 1 circa 1999, just slowed down a little bit.
Haha, another one. Dre switched from sampling musicians to re-making/sampling rap songs.

Indeed....the sad part is the beat is good, but with a little variation it could have been epic.

The piano part is so repetitive even I - no i mean my 7 year old cousin - could have made it (better), but Dre fans are so blinded by love that if only the Dre track they hear is ''not that commercial'', they like it...most of them are fucking musical elitists, like many Premo and Dilla fans but on a higher level.

I have come to a new conclusion: Dre does do piano on this songs HIMSELF, that is why they sound so repetitive and crappy   :loopaper:

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2009, 02:15:19 AM »
All I know is I'm lovin' this. Can't wait for the record.

Fans set crazy hoops for Dre, evident from this thread already. Why you gotta always pick apart the man's beats instead of just listening and enjoying them? It's all good to critique the shit, I'm not saying that, but in general whenever a new Dre beat surfaces fans are rushing over each other to pick it apart and analyze the samples and drums and basslines...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2009, 03:19:32 AM »

Indeed....the sad part is the beat is good, but with a little variation it could have been epic.

The piano part is so repetitive even I - no i mean my 7 year old cousin - could have made it (better), but Dre fans are so blinded by love that if only the Dre track they hear is ''not that commercial'', they like it...most of them are fucking musical elitists, like many Premo and Dilla fans but on a higher level.

I have come to a new conclusion: Dre does do piano on this songs HIMSELF, that is why they sound so repetitive and crappy   :loopaper:

if that's how you really felt, how come you're still looking for confirmation then?  :laugh:

Fans set crazy hoops for Dre, evident from this thread already. Why you gotta always pick apart the man's beats instead of just listening and enjoying them? It's all good to critique the shit, I'm not saying that, but in general whenever a new Dre beat surfaces fans are rushing over each other to pick it apart and analyze the samples and drums and basslines...
Dre always gets the special treatment, which is a huge compliment if you think about it

Prof@ssor

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2009, 03:23:25 AM »

You have a point, but I am not criticizing Dre all the time like many on this board do, I love much of Dre's latest work, such as Grow Up, Hallelujah, or the beats on Relapse among others...but I'm just being skeptical....I do somehow believe Dre is doing this on purpose ...

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2009, 03:34:54 AM »
from the snippets , both songs produced by Dre sound like to be amongs the worst of the lp ... this is not a good indication of how the album sounds

The Overfiend

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 04:10:28 AM »
OHHHH SHEEEEET

WU-TANG ITS ON NOW!

GODDAMN THIS THAT CRIMINAL SLANG NIGGAS!

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 05:33:15 AM »

You have a point, but I am not criticizing Dre all the time like many on this board do, I love much of Dre's latest work, such as Grow Up, Hallelujah, or the beats on Relapse among others...but I'm just being skeptical....I do somehow believe Dre is doing this on purpose ...

I been saying this for the longest. Dre is doing this same sound so that when Detox come out and he pull out the new sound it will sound fresh and new. He been in the game 20 something years, this is what he do! Ya'll know that. 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

jeanmiche777

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »
Best song I've heard in a while. Damn this is banging

jeanmiche777

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 09:40:05 PM »
From what movie is the quote : "Concentrate on the job..... Don't disturb the doctor...'' ??

Paul

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Still not sure about the beat

Rae comes off nice despite
funkyfreshintheflesh

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 11:54:42 AM »
From what movie is the quote : "Concentrate on the job..... Don't disturb the doctor...'' ??

I second that question....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »
dre just needs to off himself
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »
damn for a clean version sounds aite
not by much but

HOUSE OF FLYIN DAGGERS>>>>>>

dre just needs to off himself
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.