Author Topic: The Art of War is a classic album...  (Read 723 times)

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
The Art of War is a classic album...
« on: October 31, 2002, 11:01:40 AM »
I've been listening to alot of old Bone lately with their new album coming out this week and this album is most definitely a classic...If you compare it to other double albums released in the last 6 or 7 years only Pac's All Eyez on Me is better...I think Art Of War is alot tighter than Life After Death and that got 5 mics in the Source probably on some sympathy shit for Biggie's death...This would give Bone argually 3 classic albums the first being an EP but still I don't think too many groups can say that not even Outkast...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Doggystylin

Re:The Art of War is a classic album...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 04:53:15 PM »
I've been listening to alot of old Bone lately with their new album coming out this week and this album is most definitely a classic...If you compare it to other double albums released in the last 6 or 7 years only Pac's All Eyez on Me is better...I think Art Of War is alot tighter than Life After Death and that got 5 mics in the Source probably on some sympathy shit for Biggie's death...This would give Bone argually 3 classic albums the first being an EP but still I don't think too many groups can say that not even Outkast...

word i feel you man, i love that album, some amazing tracks on there

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 05:21:01 PM »

Art Of War is a near-classic IMO..........Disc 2 has some filler, which prevents me from giving it a perfect 5, but its still a dope album nontheless. However, Outkast most definatly has 3 classic albums, as does the Wu [36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords].........
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2002, 12:15:47 PM »
It's near classic. Definitely one of the best double albums ever. I do prefer Life After Death though. LAD and AOW were the most played albums of '97 for me.

Groups who have had at least three classics:
Public Enemy
A Tribe Called Quest
OutKast

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2002, 02:33:16 PM »
I think it most def has to be added to the classic album list when you consider it's a double album and compare it to other double albums...And for those who don't think that Krayzie Bone has the best flow need to listen to this album...Dude is amazing...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 08:50:17 PM »
No...

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 12:53:00 AM »
Yes...
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2002, 02:05:57 AM »
When i first bought the album i thought it was straight up 5 mics but over time my mind has drasticaly changed.

CD 1 was near perfect but the 2nd cd has a lot of filler tracks. Had the album been 1 cd it would have taken a big shit over E.Eternal. In its present form though i'd say its a 4 mic album. At the moment its my 3rd best group album with RESS and E.ternal ahead of it.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2002, 09:56:18 AM »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

siccmade muzzic

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2002, 12:49:23 PM »
disc 1 was ok but 2 sucked after that bone went downhill including that horrible krayzie bone cd thug on the line

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2002, 04:44:30 PM »
Yes...

Do you really think "Art of War" is a classic? LMFAO...Why are all the fuckin Persians/Armenians on Bone's dick? Has anyone realized that?...The album is no more than 4/5...Half of the album is made up of fillers anyways...PeAcE

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2002, 05:01:18 PM »
Yes...

Do you really think "Art of War" is a classic? LMFAO...Why are all the fuckin Persians/Armenians on Bone's dick? Has anyone realized that?...The album is no more than 4/5...Half of the album is made up of fillers anyways...PeAcE

eat armenian cock you racist bastard....everyone has their own opinions i thought you were grown up enough to realize that

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2002, 05:05:51 PM »

eat armenian cock you racist bastard....everyone has their own opinions i thought you were grown up enough to realize that

My comment was not racist...A racist comment would be me saying something negetive towards a race...Liking Bone Thug's is not something negetive...don't get mad cuz I'm not riding Bone Thug's dick like u and your friends...

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2002, 07:30:08 PM »

hmm i think it was, it was categorizing people...now go away

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2002, 10:04:58 PM »
It's most defenitly one of tha best Double-Albums ever made....
If it waz a 1 CD album it would've been a strate up classic no doubt....

And lol @ sccit....Dats like saying why are Jews on Necro's nuts?
Cmon now, U address doggy by sayin "U & Yur Friends" this and that.....but ummm, U dunno any of em.....
And why are ALL persian/armenians on Bone's nuts? Wats that suppose 2 mean? Just cuz Sikotic, Doggy and me like bone's style and shit it dun mean a whole fucin race is on bone's nuts.....
IMO U only post shit 2 stay #1 in post rankings or whateva dat gay shit is.....I mean there's no reason 2 continue arguin on every thread.....Cmon now.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!