Author Topic: Warren G - G Files [amazon.com album sampler] = really terrible weak album  (Read 1099 times)

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
From what i've heard it's seems to be a pretty average album so far

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
lazoo lost.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
the album isn't all that bad. i'm coppin sept. 29th. i think some of you guys need to get out of the 90's era already and quit livin this west coast east coast music type shit and just appreciate good music and stop makin it be regional type music. This is way better than the midnight hour and also better than most music thats being put out rightnow. There are some songs i think are terrible like "swagger rich" and couple others. But i'm def. buyin this album on the 29th. Thanks Warren
no way

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

gfunkin2

This album sounds pretty good actually. Nice cuts on here. And this is comin' from someone w/the name g funkin. lol. It ain't old Warren but I'm excited.

GoldyLoc

• Muthafuckin' OG
This actually sounds better than the midnight hour
yeah it sounds dope to me..some bangas on it!Suicide is old but dope!

Kool Beenz

its way better then the midnight hour

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
this is a sad sad day for lazoos family....

they are having a candle light vigil in the honor of the memory of g funk.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
i've listened to this sampler a few times now and my opinion's changed a little bit. 

there's 13 songs, and right now, i'm liking about 8.  that's a little over half the album.  if you wanna count suicide, i guess i'm feeling 9 of the 13.  i frankly love the song, but i loved it 5 years ago, and i just don't get how it makes it onto here.  especially considering it wasn't even featured on midnite hour and that came out maybe a year after this song originally did?  all i can think of is that, back in the day, right about the time he made his JVC car speakers, Warren G was advertising the G-Files as his upcoming album.  Maybe suicide was recorded for that album, and since it was recorded for that album, he still decided to include it on the G Files album years later.  somebody should ask Warren about that.  i still haven't made up my mind on true star or drinks ain't free.  i need to hear a little more to judge it one way or another on those tracks. 

9 outta 13 aint bad though.  still think crush sucks.  that aint changed.  never hated ringtone, never loved it either, it's an ok filler.  but this suicide shit is absurd still.  someone has to ask Warren why he included this?  it's 5 years old!  he didn't have at least one other brand new song?

and he made some dope ass beats for Jay, and why are they better than most his own?

nuerastudios06

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'm shocked at how many people dislike In the midnite hour, I used to love getting high and bumpin the album. I done quit smoking but that album takes me back. Bump most of it with the exception of maybe 2 songs. It was the first time I heard bishop too.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
gonna buy this ...........

since he is on independent game why not put out more album??? i will buy it

kuruptDPG

half of the album is gd, the other half not so. just listnin to ringtone,i feel warreng couldve done better with this songs,especially with the chorus and the song name.

rick1

• Muthafuckin' OG
Never really got why ppl disliked Midnite Hour so much

I stay bumping:

We Need Each Other
Do What It Do
I Need a Light
Get U Down
Wheels Keep Spinnin'
PYT
Walk these Streets
In the Mid Nite Hour
All I Ask Of You

Plus some other very decent ones

Me neither. Got my ears on Warren when "Regulate" came out and it´s of course a classic, but I think "In The Midnite Hour" is his best album by far.