Author Topic: Nas new albun Pushed Back!  (Read 606 times)

teecee

Re:Nas new albun Pushed Back!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2002, 11:12:33 PM »
Of course Jigga should destroy NAs in sales, i have no idea how his last album didn't kill NAs' in terms of sales.......i mean, even being a huge fan of nas, i know he sucks at commercial tracks while Jay is arguably the king of them.....

They are actually two completely different artists, as Jay is awesome at commercial/party tracks while NAs is dope with political songs and true hiphop songs.......i like NAs more, but Jay has his place too in my mind.  Too bad that when one is talked about the other always has to be brought up........i mean, both are great artists, but they just excel at different aspects in rap........

By the way, fuck sales.....who cares if Jay's single is burnin up the charts, if NAs woulda came with a jackep Pac song for his single, or a song with JA, i woulda boycotted his album like any self-respecting nas fan (i by no means love his single, but i am pleased he didn't sell out after joining the INC)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2002, 11:43:16 PM »
Of course Jigga should destroy NAs in sales, i have no idea how his last album didn't kill NAs' in terms of sales.......i mean, even being a huge fan of nas, i know he sucks at commercial tracks while Jay is arguably the king of them.....

They are actually two completely different artists, as Jay is awesome at commercial/party tracks while NAs is dope with political songs and true hiphop songs.......i like NAs more, but Jay has his place too in my mind.  Too bad that when one is talked about the other always has to be brought up........i mean, both are great artists, but they just excel at different aspects in rap........

By the way, fuck sales.....who cares if Jay's single is burnin up the charts, if NAs woulda came with a jackep Pac song for his single, or a song with JA, i woulda boycotted his album like any self-respecting nas fan (i by no means love his single, but i am pleased he didn't sell out after joining the INC)

Didn't "Stillmatic" outsell "Blueprint"? I know it was pretty close...

teecee

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2002, 12:48:08 AM »
Ya, i heard it did, which is crazy, cuz, as much as i am a nas fan ,jigga makes way better commercial tracks.  As much as i didn't like IZZO, it was way more appealing to the general audience than and NAs single off his last album.  However, i think Jay suffered from his loss in the battle, and Nas gained from it......to me, it was pretty guts of Nas to put out One MIC as his second single, when eveyone knew Rule coulda blown up huge........Nas seems like he is tryin to keep it hiphop at the moment, which is dope to me.

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2002, 03:03:30 AM »
Blueprint is officially CERTIFIED double platinum while Stillmatic is still only platinum plus Iwhether it has sold 2 million i cant say-its just not official last i checked).  ALSO-Nas had a reissue with a slightly altered track listing and a preview of the Lost Tapes---which increased sales for Stillmatic and would obviously cause some multi purchases of the album from dedicated fans.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2002, 10:01:27 AM »
Blueprint is officially CERTIFIED double platinum while Stillmatic is still only platinum plus Iwhether it has sold 2 million i cant say-its just not official last i checked).  ALSO-Nas had a reissue with a slightly altered track listing and a preview of the Lost Tapes---which increased sales for Stillmatic and would obviously cause some multi purchases of the album from dedicated fans.

I'm pretty sure that Blueprint still outsold Stillmatic but I do think it was closer than it should of been.  And isn't the reissue of Stillmatic just a version without "Braveheart Party" cause Mary J. didn't want to be on the album anymore?

Jome

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2002, 08:07:44 PM »

Didn't "Stillmatic" outsell "Blueprint"? I know it was pretty close...

King-Suge is right, and I looked it up myself because I was 99.9% sure that you were bullshittin, as 99% of your other posts.
If you don't know the answer, you make one up to make yourself look good, I seen this dozens of times now.
Try researching or check up on things, instead of poisoning the board with BS.

(For the record "The best of both worlds" also went platinum, not that it has sumthin to do with the topic though..)
And for the record, sales don't matter to me, as long as ppl aren't bullshittin with untrue info.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2002, 08:08:29 PM by Jome »

teecee

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2002, 09:04:51 AM »
JOME, R u talking about me or NIK on your last post?  I mean, i don't think most of my posts are bullshit?  If its not directed towards me, its all good man, peace

p.s.- jome, you are right, jay z is a much better business man and has more drive than most artists.  When i first heard IZZo, i thought it was OVER man, i thougt that was gonna be the biggest single ever and jay was gonna sell like 6-7 million.  NOt sure what happened, but for sure he will kill NAs in sales this time, especially by looking at the first singles.  Nas should know his role and not make commercial songs in my opinion.......as he mostly sucks at them .

Jome

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2002, 05:12:44 PM »
JOME, R u talking about me or NIK on your last post?  I mean, i don't think most of my posts are bullshit?  If its not directed towards me, its all good man, peace

p.s.- jome, you are right, jay z is a much better business man and has more drive than most artists.  When i first heard IZZo, i thought it was OVER man, i thougt that was gonna be the biggest single ever and jay was gonna sell like 6-7 million.  NOt sure what happened, but for sure he will kill NAs in sales this time, especially by looking at the first singles.  Nas should know his role and not make commercial songs in my opinion.......as he mostly sucks at them .

I was talking to NIK_doesn't_know.

@Ss@sSiN

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2002, 07:20:44 AM »
JUST MY Thoughts

Nas owns JAy-z

Rockafella can honestly get all clapped for i care

Jay better watch your ass for it gets stomped