Author Topic: Iverson to Memphis? GM not confirming offer  (Read 281 times)

'EclipZe

Iverson to Memphis? GM not confirming offer
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:00:58 PM »

Iverson to Memphis? GM not confirming offer

Posted Aug 27 2009 1:45PM

(AP) -- The Memphis Grizzlies general manager refuses to confirm whether the team has made a formal offer to Allen Iverson.

Iverson tweeted Wednesday that Memphis had made him an offer, and ESPN.com reported general manager Chris Wallace confirmed the Grizzlies had made a formal offer. But Wallace Thursday through a team spokesman would only say he did not confirm an offer to ESPN.com.

"We have had a strong level of interest in Allen Iverson since the beginning of free agency and we have made that very clear to him," Wallace said in a statement.

Iverson's agent, Leon Rose, did not immediately return a message left at his office by The Associated Press on Thursday.

Hmm, wonder how that will work out if it actually comes to a deal!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Iverson to Memphis? GM not confirming offer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
i'm assuming he'd be coming off the bench behind mike conley and oj mayo if memphis signs him...i dunno how much he'd like that. his best bet, as of now, would be to sign with miami and snatch that starting job on a contending team. it's amazing how much his stalk has dropped just by playing for detroit.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:55:17 PM »
Chicago sure could use him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 07:41:25 PM »
^Chicago Bulls have Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and John Salmons holding down the guard spot. i dont see him starting on the Bulls, man. they just let Ben Gordon go for that very reason.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »
^Chicago Bulls have Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, and John Salmons holding down the guard spot. i dont see him starting on the Bulls, man. they just let Ben Gordon go for that very reason.

More scoring. Yeah we got Deng back healthy but I think it would work keeping Rose at the point, AI at the 2 and bringing Salmons off the bench. We need more scoring.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:52:23 PM »

More scoring. Yeah we got Deng back healthy but I think it would work keeping Rose at the point, AI at the 2 and bringing Salmons off the bench. We need more scoring.

Salmons is a nice player to have in your starting rotation, i wouldnt bring him off the bench if i were the bulls.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »

True. We just do not have that go to guy for scoring right now. Had alot of guys that played out of their minds in the Boston series but we need some consistent scoring and since we could not pull that Boozer trade, I wonder where we are going to get it. Does not have to be one scorer.
Salmons is a nice player to have in your starting rotation, i wouldnt bring him off the bench if i were the bulls.

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 12:51:30 AM »
What about the Bobcats ? Any offer yet ?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 12:54:58 AM »
What about the Bobcats ? Any offer yet ?

i like his fit over there, esspecially with Larry Brown.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 11:32:08 AM »
He should definitely join Miami