Author Topic: Various Artists - From the Death Row Vaults (Re-Lit)-2009  (Read 4662 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chronic Re-Lit Bonus Tracks (Link)
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 03:09:20 PM »
as long as there is an 'Internet' this kind of piracy will co-exist. there is nothing anyone can do about it. either don't release it or go back in time are your only solutions to this "problem".
also Warren G album, Daz Dillinger, Slaughterhouse links are already out there. it's up to the individual to make the choice to actually support the hard-copy releases.
no one can argue that having mp3's is better than an actual CD, that's just plain retarded.

haha, that statement is retarded.  Why do you think CDs and record sales are dying out?  Because digital music > music on CDs
I downloaded these tracks and if someone gave me that CD for free I wouldn't even open it, don't think I've played a CD in years.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 03:21:01 PM »
I'm not even lookin' forward to these anymore, the snippets didn't sound so great and damn, why the fuck did they have to "re-produce" the beat on "Poor Young Dave"?

how do u know they re-produced it?? the one we had for years may be unfinished and this may be the final mix

You can clearly hear that the beat has been touched, i think somebody even confirmed here that the beat was re-made.
I listened to the low quality original and the snippet of the Re-Lit version, only difference I see is an added bassline riff.  Other than that, same beat seems intact.  Like someone else said, this might be the final mix that we never heard before.  Probably might even be several different mixes of the song on the master reel, and this was the most complete

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
Thanks for the songs, lovin' this shit. What Death Row video has "Smoke Enough Bud" playing in the background, or maybe it was playing in some album (can't remember).

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »
Wait so not even Wide Awake knows who produced these songs? what the fuck?

G-Funk

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 04:04:05 PM »

nope.
they said that when they found em the labels were mixed/missing or somethin like that.

KingNicholas

• 'G'
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

nope.
they said that when they found em the labels were mixed/missing or somethin like that.
Wow guess the only way we'll know is if we ask the actually artists?

Matty

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »
as long as there is an 'Internet' this kind of piracy will co-exist. there is nothing anyone can do about it. either don't release it or go back in time are your only solutions to this "problem".
also Warren G album, Daz Dillinger, Slaughterhouse links are already out there. it's up to the individual to make the choice to actually support the hard-copy releases.
no one can argue that having mp3's is better than an actual CD, that's just plain retarded.

haha, that statement is retarded.  Why do you think CDs and record sales are dying out?  Because digital music > music on CDs
I downloaded these tracks and if someone gave me that CD for free I wouldn't even open it, don't think I've played a CD in years.

it seems to be cause people care more about convenience than quality these days. if there was a market for quality, maybe super audio cds or dvd audio might have taken off. mp3 is worse quality than cd though and thats still pretty shoddy. vinyl easily wins for quality.

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »
Thanks for the songs, lovin' this shit. What Death Row video has "Smoke Enough Bud" playing in the background, or maybe it was playing in some album (can't remember).

Smoke enough Bud, was the intro track for  the song You Thought, from the Doggfather record. Its the song wit too short and soopfly

Smoke enough Bud is right at the beginning 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 08:27:05 PM »

haha, that statement is retarded.  Why do you think CDs and record sales are dying out?  Because digital music > music on CDs

I'm well aware this is why CD-sales suck-ass, but as far as SOUND QUALITY/FIDELITY you STILL can't argue to me that even a 320kbps mp3 will BUMP harder in your car or home stereo system than an actual MASTERED-CD. (thats of course assuming that your not relying on bunk computer squeakers, which looking at the gist of your statement you don't KNOW shit about REAL SOUND QUALITY.)

you must have PUSSY ears, whats that coming out of your speakers? pussy farts!  :laugh: :'( :-*
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:29:03 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Al Bundy

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »

haha, that statement is retarded.  Why do you think CDs and record sales are dying out?  Because digital music > music on CDs

I'm well aware this is why CD-sales suck-ass, but as far as SOUND QUALITY/FIDELITY you STILL can't argue to me that even a 320kbps mp3 will BUMP harder in your car or home stereo system than an actual MASTERED-CD. (thats of course assuming that your not relying bunk computer squeakers, which looking at the gist of your statement you don't KNOW shit about REAL SOUND.)
you must have PUSSY ears, whats that coming out of your speakers? pussy farts!  :laugh: :'( :-*

he never said it would "bump harder," he's pointing out that it's easier to just download music than buy it.

and lol @ your audio nazi rant.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 08:41:52 PM »

it seems to be cause people care more about convenience than quality these days. if there was a market for quality, maybe super audio cds or dvd audio might have taken off. mp3 is worse quality than cd though and thats still pretty shoddy. vinyl easily wins for quality.

precisely, this is why DETOX hasn't come out (the songs & material are there, it's just that it keeps getting better & better), Dre doesn't want to squander the QUALITY of his music to shitty mp3 distribution. which he's seen happen in the past, hence Beats By Dr. Dre & his new deal w/ hewlett-packard.

he never said it would "bump harder," he's pointing out that it's easier to just download music than buy it.

well no shit it's easier & saves the enviroment, lol. I still don't believe that's what was being said. the point is that it's NOT going to render the initial quality if you do so. I'd rather be looked at as an "audio nazi", than some punk kid w/ a trendy mp3 player, fuck you!

Al Bundy

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »

precisely, this is why DETOX hasn't come out (the songs & material are there, it's just that it keeps getting better & better), Dre doesn't want to squander the QUALITY of his music to shitty mp3 distribution. which he's seen happen in the past, hence Beats By Dr. Dre & his new deal w/ hewlett-packard.

well no shit it's easier & saves the enviroment, lol. I still don't believe that's what was being said. the point is that it's NOT going to render the initial quality if you do so. I'd rather be looked at as an "audio nazi", than some punk kid w/ a trendy mp3 player, fuck you!

are you twelve or something? like anyone's going to want to converse with you after your childish insults and fuck yous.

with that being said, 90% of people can't hear the difference between 320 kbps/FLAC/CD so do you think they really give a shit? You can go rip all of your albums to wav and i'll just keep ripping my CDs to vbr so i can enjoy some fucking music.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:55:43 PM by G.O.D. Pt. III »

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
before anyone says anything else, I believe the music industry has fucked up. they where blind-sided by the internet & if that wasn't bad enough the mp3 revolution has come.
they should have been paying attention to this instead of the RIAA spending their resources on prosecuting wack music piracy, when instead they could have utilized the invention of Free Lossless Audio formats & other lossless venues, this would have combated the steep drop in CD-sales. Jimmy Iovine & Dr. Dre are the pioneers along w/ loads of others to fix this problem facing the music industry.

I was one of the first to buy the FLAC formats of Relapse when it came out, so there is a market out there for it, they (the music industry) just need to take matters into their own hands.

8)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2009, 08:57:33 PM »

are you twelve or something? like anyone's going to want to converse with you after your childish insults and fuck yous.

with that being said, 90% of people can't hear the difference between 320 kbps/FLAC/CD so do you think they really give a shit? You can go rip all of your albums to wav and i'll just keep ripping my CDs to vbr so i can enjoy some fucking music.

with the right equipment I can tell the difference any audiophile can & will, oh and yes I am in fact 12...  :P

Al Bundy

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2009, 09:00:15 PM »

with the right equipment I can tell the difference any audiophile can & will, oh and yes I am in fact 12...  :P

so can I. doesn't make me or you any better than the random soccer mom who bought a ipod and buys 128kbps from the iTunes store