Author Topic: You ever notice that churches/religions have a lot of mentally ill followers?  (Read 1070 times)

Sikotic™

It's not a diss.

I'm just sayin....
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Very easy to trick mentally ill people.

But Sikotic, this is kind of a chicken or the egg question....

Are they followers because they are mentally ill?
Or, are they mentally ill because they are followers?

Discuss...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Yet you have some of the more negative, bitterest, most selfish humans practicing Atheism.

Not sayin' all.. cuz I respect people's reasoning of science and etc..

But if people don't think that the mentally ill ain't following Satanism or Atheism..  :-X

Sikotic™

But if people don't think that the mentally ill ain't following Satanism or Atheism..  :-X
Yup a lot of them are following those as well.

People don't like to consider Atheism a religion but its pretty much the same damn thing.

Very easy to trick mentally ill people.

But Sikotic, this is kind of a chicken or the egg question....

Are they followers because they are mentally ill?
Or, are they mentally ill because they are followers?

Discuss...
Hmmm..........maybe a little bit of both?

THA SAUCE HOUSE

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
It's not a diss.

I'm just sayin....

it's almost a church's trademark...you believe in god sik?

ikke

When I went to church as a kid there were a shitload of retarded people..

as jaydc said a while back, religion is a refuge for the weak...
Although it sounds harsh it's basically the truth for some followers of religion.
They're scared in this world by themselves, if they believe there's some invisible force looking out for them it makes the world less scary.

Yup a lot of them are following those as well.

People don't like to consider Atheism a religion but its pretty much the same damn thing.

A religion is an organized approach to human spirituality which usually encompasses a set of narratives, symbols, beliefs and practices, often with a supernatural or transcendent quality, that give meaning to the practitioner's experiences of life through reference to a higher power, God or gods, or ultimate truth

Looked up relgion and according to this definition atheism IS a religion.
Organized collective, same beliefs, give meaning to practitioner's experiences of life.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
Looked up relgion and according to this definition atheism IS a religion.
Organized collective, same beliefs, give meaning to practitioner's experiences of life.

Calling atheism a religion is like the equivalent of blasphemy in christianity. Religion is something atheists despise.

Sikotic™

It's not a diss.

I'm just sayin....

God in the sense of someone or something watching over us and having an impact in our lives? Nah, I'm not egotistical to think myself or the human race for that matter is soooo important that some nigga in the sky is really concerned with us.

God in the sense of a creator? Possibly, but that's probably where it stops. I'm almost certain the man-made image of God is bullshit......because man made it lol. But I don't claim to know what's really going on in the universe and I laugh hysterically at the Bible/Qu'ran/etc. thumpers that act like they really got it figured out.

Although it sounds harsh it's basically the truth for some followers of religion.
They're scared in this world by themselves, if they believe there's some invisible force looking out for them it makes the world less scary.
Church is basically a really big AA meeting. Church people get together on a regular basis so they prevent themselves from sinning just like an alcoholic goes to meetings on a regular basis to prevent himself from binge drinking again. This is why if a hardcore church goer isn't mentally disabled, they're usually an ex-hooker, ex-drug addict, ex-con, ex-(fill in the blank).

Of course I'm not saying everyone that goes to church is like that, but it is a pretty good number.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

It's not a diss.

I'm just sayin....

God in the sense of someone or something watching over us and having an impact in our lives? Nah, I'm not egotistical to think myself or the human race for that matter is soooo important that some nigga in the sky is really concerned with us.

God in the sense of a creator? Possibly, but that's probably where it stops. I'm almost certain the man-made image of God is bullshit......because man made it lol. But I don't claim to know what's really going on in the universe and I laugh hysterically at the Bible/Qu'ran/etc. thumpers that act like they really got it figured out.

Church is basically a really big AA meeting. Church people get together on a regular basis so they prevent themselves from sinning just like an alcoholic goes to meetings on a regular basis to prevent himself from binge drinking again. This is why if a hardcore church goer isn't mentally disabled, they're usually an ex-hooker, ex-drug addict, ex-con, ex-(fill in the blank).

Of course I'm not saying everyone that goes to church is like that, but it is a pretty good number.

A lot of times, people dont learn not to sin by going to church...they learn how to sin without anyone finding out.

You remember when you were a kid, and you had to go on some fucked up family vacation where youd be around people all the goddamn time.  Well, you didnt stop jerkin off....u just figured out ways to do it without getting caught.  Thats what church is like... :halo:
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I think it's pretty fuckin' crazy like religion/The Bible/God, that 'some man just outta the blue decided to make up', lasted this long. To think it's been around THIS LONG and still is the biggest thang going.....come on. I don't know. I personally just find it EXTREMELY hard to deny it. THIS LONG and it's STILL being followed by mentally ill and geniuses alike. This long nigga??? This long?? Shitttt....

Sikotic™

A lot of times, people dont learn not to sin by going to church...they learn how to sin without anyone finding out.

You remember when you were a kid, and you had to go on some fucked up family vacation where youd be around people all the goddamn time.  Well, you didnt stop jerkin off....u just figured out ways to do it without getting caught.  Thats what church is like... :halo:
HA! That was a sick analogy lol

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kool Beenz

most retarded people i have met in this world are atheists but they arent like yall they are devilish freaks who listen to hardcore rock and try to beat eachother up or slit their wrists

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
I think it's pretty fuckin' crazy like religion/The Bible/God, that 'some man just outta the blue decided to make up', lasted this long. To think it's been around THIS LONG and still is the biggest thang going.....come on. I don't know. I personally just find it EXTREMELY hard to deny it. THIS LONG and it's STILL being followed by mentally ill and geniuses alike. This long nigga??? This long?? Shitttt....

this long haha...what a great argument

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
That's right nigga 8)

sprite

religious people who don't believe in evolution are the most entertaining

I mean, I can't imagine being stupid enough to think the earth is like 6,000 years old

it's all good believing that, but I've seen some dudes talk about it with people and they get stone cold serious

weirdos man...

I have a theory about overly religious people

even if you can easily show them contradiction..

they won't buy it because it's been so drilled into their head they're terrified going against it

like Luke I am your father, I have the DNA test son.... NO!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:21:42 PM by sprite »