Author Topic: Dr_Dre-The_Chronic_(Re-Lit_And_From_The_Vault)-(Remastered)-2009  (Read 3123 times)

sprite

Re: Dr_Dre-The_Chronic_(Re-Lit_And_From_The_Vault)-(Remastered)-2009
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 07:06:22 PM »
I'd rather listen to the old school versions, not louder "remastered" ones

Matty

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
had a bit of a better listen and this is definitely better sounding than the last remaster, a lot more lively. the earlier version is generally a lot muddier in comparison. however, a vinyl pressing would sound a lot better than any of the cd releases. a dvd-audio version could have been really great for the collectors and audiophiles....

http://www.tower.com/chronic-dr-dre-vinyl/wapi/106267637
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:22:02 PM by Matty »

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
Somebody needs to upload the original .m4a files

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »
had a bit of a better listen and this is definitely better sounding than the last remaster, a lot more lively. the earlier version is generally a lot muddier in comparison. however, a vinyl pressing would sound a lot better than any of the cd releases. a dvd-audio version could have been really great for the collectors and audiophiles....

http://www.tower.com/chronic-dr-dre-vinyl/wapi/106267637

thanks for this info, matty!

8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
bonus are on the dvd in .m4a format same as the free vault songs

.m4a?  can i up that into my itunes library?

that's disappointing.  i already own the chronic.  i'd buy this for the new songs but if i cant even listen to the new songs on a cd player i'll just download em.  so basically, i have to play this bonus disc only in a dvd player?  that's kinda lame and a way to drop the ball a bit.  no one is gonna be bumpin that shit off a dvd.

V2DHeart

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 02:46:36 AM »
i sill buy cd's.....part of the collection

CD's is retro now, but I still buy them. Glad to see others still do. Unfortunately I've no room for them to be on show anymore, and are stacked in boxes in my mothers house, sisters garage, and in my own attic. Would love a room just for the CD's, but the only ones I have on show are Hed Kandi (1998-2005) sets. Also notice you put a lot of your CD's in order of release. There's a lot of who choose to throw them in random to artist order

Quote from: TheTruNoLimit
I'd be pretty upset if it's a DVD and you can only access the songs through a DVD.  That means I'd need a DVD player to listen to the songs?  That I can't pop in the bonus songs in my car?

That was my main concern too. About 85% of my music listening is done in the car. I think it is just DVD extra's, like the Death Row Uncut DVD. I'd probably download the extra's though through a link and burn them to a CD for that purpose, and before anyone jumps in lol, I believe I'd be warranted to, seeing as how I've already purchased it
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 02:55:25 AM by mickaveli2001 »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
i was gonna say...sooner or later someone is going actually comment on the quality of the sound on this release, seeing as though the remaster is supposed to be the main feature. i'll need to bump it properly but first impressions, its louder than the previous remastered edition. not necessarily a good thing, but the drums seem to be sounding more detailed, or 'live', which is generally what sucks with cd audio compared to the original source or a vinyl. so it seems like they may have done a good job, but i will have to listen some more.
that's good to know, cause the last remaster wasn't that good.
they totally screwed up with the Dre Day song

Blasphemy

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
i was gonna say...sooner or later someone is going actually comment on the quality of the sound on this release, seeing as though the remaster is supposed to be the main feature. i'll need to bump it properly but first impressions, its louder than the previous remastered edition. not necessarily a good thing, but the drums seem to be sounding more detailed, or 'live', which is generally what sucks with cd audio compared to the original source or a vinyl. so it seems like they may have done a good job, but i will have to listen some more.
that's good to know, cause the last remaster wasn't that good.
they totally screwed up with the Dre Day song

How? Honestly people keep saying their is a difference. How about posting the Relit/Original version.... lol I have the remasterer :/

Matty

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »
so do i. i was  comparing the remaster (lossless) to the relit remaster (mp3) so far. if someone can compare the og to the relit one that would maybe be a better comparison.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
not that i don't want to help out or anything, but it's 2009  :laugh:
how hard can it be to get the original Chronic :D

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2009, 06:56:10 PM »
I am really thinking about passing up on this one now.  I read a fan review on amazon and it says that the songs indeed are on an actual dvd and on top of that, they can only be accessed by a dvd rom drive in the computer?!?!?  so i cant even pop it into my blu ray and listen with my home theater set up which is pretty weak.

they can dress this up all they want with the new cover art and the new liner notes, the music videos, the unseen interview and etc., but in the end the selling point for me was the bonus tracks.  and since they arent on cd i think i'm done with this one.  my original 1992 chronic still works flawlessly so there's no need for me to upgrade to this one just for the new cover etc.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »
Tell us how the Dre interview is  8)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

CJMacc

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 12:22:52 AM »
i sill buy cd's.....part of the collection

nice collection... i still buy c.d.s too.... i just can't get an ipod or mp3 player... just doesn't cut it... i need the package with the production credits and artwork.... i know u can get that with itunes but not the same... just stuck in my ways.... plus... i got my whole devin the dude discography booklets signed... can't do that with itunes....

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 02:34:39 AM »
Here's a comment from Amazon's customer about the DVD disc:

When you put the dvd in the dvd player you have 4 choices on the menu, music videos, rare videos and promos. The music videos have the same 4 videos from the singles on the chronic, but what makes them different is that you can choose to play the uncensored versions of the videos which might not block out the language but for instance on nothing but a g' thang it doesn't block out the hats or the female nudity.
The rare videos is a dr dre interview as well as a video entitled shootout
Under promos it shows 6 or 7 promos for the chronic album as well as 6 or 7 commercials for the cd as well. The final piece on the promos is a trailer for the saigon video.
The extra songs on the dvd can only be viewed with a dvd rom drive on your computer.

Anyway hope this clears stuff up and I think the dvd part makes this worth it alone to see the uncensored videos in all their glory.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R32XQSOY4YN8NH/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B002IVLWQK&nodeID=5174#wasThisHelpful

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 02:38:56 AM »
for instance on nothing but a g' thang it doesn't block out the hats or the female nudity.

Will we finally get to see the real jewels from the Death Row vault; those titties?  :o