Author Topic: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...  (Read 3360 times)

Fraxxx

Re: Ok, so my coworkers fiance is a Christian...
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2009, 01:45:18 AM »
^ What are you? Atheist? Christian? Agnostic? Outta curiosity, you don't gotta answer if you don't wanna just outta curiosity.

This is so retarded. Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce, have a family, die and MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH? There's no evidence for that not even a hint. Why are you making yourself look stupid by putting this into context of what nature shows us anyway? This is so random...
What are you talkin' about?? How am I makin' myself stupid, did you read what you just wrote? 'Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce?' You never heard of birth nigga? Oh - my - God.

I'm not trying to convince you, cuz clearly you won't accept it. But recognize that there is only bitterness within that thinking if you feel lost and you know there's no heavenly Captain Save-A-Hoe. If you are willing to accept life as what it is from an atheist's point of view, it's just as relieving as your belief in god. Only with some sense to it.   ;D
What sense though? Here we get called out being 'selfish' becuz we think there's an all-loving God who has love for every human that walks this Earth, and yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us, and actually claims it as fact and say well hey we live, we die.. Okay, but whatever, but we just die? And than what? You have a conscience. What happens to your soul than?? But I'm sure you say we have no soul. So see it makes NO sense to me. You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT! Maybe that's why your beliefs to me go in circles, I don't know. But you cannot call us RETARDED becuz you chose not to believe in somethang you can't see. That doesn't mean it's not there. Atheists parade around like your lil belief is a fact too. Why do they act so much better than religious folk? Becuz you're assuming just as much as you claim we are.

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

My mind is being corrupted. You mixed up birth

I think you really need to read more thoroughly.  You mixed up having families, birth and death with (citation):MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH". This is the point I'm getting at, therefore it was written in bold.  ;)
And I just can't imagine which hint nature gives you for that. And that's why I called your argument retarded (not religious people as a whole) and random.

I never called you selfish for being religious and you're right, I don't think that there's something bigger than us. But that's relative, I don't think we're more worthy than animals. It's not about worth. Besides, Christians take their greatness under god for a fact, more than anyone else. And why is what I said ignorant?

You ask where our conscience will go? It will vanish. Of course, I can't prove it but I think there's a good propability from what we know. Like I said (and that's a question I really would like you to answer):"Why would there be more meaning to life then the billions of years before, only because there's a species now which is intelligent enough to pose the question?"

"You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT!" See, my thought process goes again everything you was taught. Maybe you should try this "thinking" for once instead of constantly repeating what you've been taught.

I don't parade around like I'm better. And I have no problem to admit that there are so many unanswered questions. Scientists, at least, try to find answers. Don't mean they have them all, but they gain knowledge everyday. While religion relies on "god" as an universal, unproven, illogic answer to every question.

Like I said in my last post, I don't think that you're willing to accept any of this but if you think about responding, consider to directly refer to what I said like I referred to what you said.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
Hip Hop is Urban music. With the Urban culture. And Urban culture loves they religion. Even Jaydc who doesn't believe in God, likes 50 Cent's Many Men record. That joint? Many Men? Like how could ya'll listen to Hip Hop when mostly every record references God. As people who can't stand these views, ya'll don't get pissed off hearing it in every song? If I was Atheist I sure as hell wouldn't be listening to Hip Hop, unless it's prolly unAmercian, Dead Prez, or some DEEP underground backpack shit who prolly got some crazy views already anyways.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2009, 08:27:22 AM »
^ What are you? Atheist? Christian? Agnostic? Outta curiosity, you don't gotta answer if you don't wanna just outta curiosity.

This is so retarded. Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce, have a family, die and MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH? There's no evidence for that not even a hint. Why are you making yourself look stupid by putting this into context of what nature shows us anyway? This is so random...
What are you talkin' about?? How am I makin' myself stupid, did you read what you just wrote? 'Where in the world do you see someone/something reproduce?' You never heard of birth nigga? Oh - my - God.

I'm not trying to convince you, cuz clearly you won't accept it. But recognize that there is only bitterness within that thinking if you feel lost and you know there's no heavenly Captain Save-A-Hoe. If you are willing to accept life as what it is from an atheist's point of view, it's just as relieving as your belief in god. Only with some sense to it.   ;D
What sense though? Here we get called out being 'selfish' becuz we think there's an all-loving God who has love for every human that walks this Earth, and yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us, and actually claims it as fact and say well hey we live, we die.. Okay, but whatever, but we just die? And than what? You have a conscience. What happens to your soul than?? But I'm sure you say we have no soul. So see it makes NO sense to me. You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT! Maybe that's why your beliefs to me go in circles, I don't know. But you cannot call us RETARDED becuz you chose not to believe in somethang you can't see. That doesn't mean it's not there. Atheists parade around like your lil belief is a fact too. Why do they act so much better than religious folk? Becuz you're assuming just as much as you claim we are.

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

I think you really need to read more thoroughly.  You mixed up having families, birth and death with (citation):MOVE OVER TO LIFE AFTER DEATH". This is the point I'm getting at, therefore it was written in bold.  ;)
And I just can't imagine which hint nature gives you for that. And that's why I called your argument retarded (not religious people as a whole) and random.

I never called you selfish for being religious and you're right, I don't think that there's something bigger than us. But that's relative, I don't think we're more worthy than animals. It's not about worth. Besides, Christians take their greatness under god for a fact, more than anyone else. And why is what I said ignorant?

You ask where our conscience will go? It will vanish. Of course, I can't prove it but I think there's a good propability from what we know. Like I said (and that's a question I really would like you to answer):"Why would there be more meaning to life then the billions of years before, only because there's a species now which is intelligent enough to pose the question?"

"You don't believe we have a soul. YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHANG I WAS TAUGHT!" See, my thought process goes again everything you was taught. Maybe you should try this "thinking" for once instead of constantly repeating what you've been taught.

I don't parade around like I'm better. And I have no problem to admit that there are so many unanswered questions. Scientists, at least, try to find answers. Don't mean they have them all, but they gain knowledge everyday. While religion relies on "god" as an universal, unproven, illogic answer to every question.

Like I said in my last post, I don't think that you're willing to accept any of this but if you think about responding, consider to directly refer to what I said like I referred to what you said.

You're prolly right, I'm not willing to accept it, but I can respect it. I respect your beliefs. But I don't respect, being disrespected.

See here.

I NEVER KNEW WHAT THE FUCK ATHEISM WAS, until I came on this board. Never even heard of the notion to NOT believe in God. Never heard of the word! I knew other religions and knew about devil worshipers, but never in my life heard of Atheism until I came on an internet message board. I had to fuckin' look what that meant up, after I saw it here. And after learning and reading replies on here, I see these people call religious folks unintelligent and selfish, naive, and dumb. And that's disrespect. Like, ya'll use THAT as an argument. Fuck my weak lines, according to C-Blue, some gotta use name calling as a damn argument. And I'm just using previous posts or ideas from other Atheists threads and topics on here, to try and understand. I use it in my posts now becuz if one Atheist believes that shit, I'ma see if the next one does too.

I ain't gonna be willing to accept, nah, I can't. I never heard this is my life. Everythang, God was there, belief was there. From my family, friends, school, teachers, the music I listen to, yeah Hip Hop, everythang was God. I didn't know somebody could deny it. And as I read ya'll posts some of ya'll even went to Church as a kid, was brought up in a family surrounded by religion, even went to Sunday schools and went to Catholic schools, but yet somewhere ya'll didn't agree with it. That, is just mind boggling, to me. Nowwww Fraxxx, I don't know how you was brought up, so I'm not tryinnnn to put words in mouths here, but I guess I could understand if faith was never discussed..

I could also get how an Atheist chooses Science rather than Faith. BUT what I can't get is calling my logic ridiculous in believing in God cuz I CAN'T prove it, when nobody else CAN prove he's fake!!! You see?

And I have been tryin' your 'thinking', I've been tryin to be empathetic, like I said I get the Science, 'seeing is believing' type thang, I could understand that. But the rest, in depth, deeper detailed views, and arguments is just as ridiculous as you think our is. And that's what I'm sayin'. And STILL posting in these never ending threads! I get the surface of it, but the deep deep inside...nahhhhh. I'm tryin' to defend myself here in these posts, well the religion I mean not me, and the way I'm talkin' is like I am doubting God to try and be empathetic and understanding like. Example, well 'If God....', if God? Like what the hell, I'm started to talk like ya'll. So I mean, I don't know.

Sikotic™

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
Hip Hop is Urban music. With the Urban culture. And Urban culture loves they religion. Even Jaydc who doesn't believe in God, likes 50 Cent's Many Men record. That joint? Many Men? Like how could ya'll listen to Hip Hop when mostly every record references God. As people who can't stand these views, ya'll don't get pissed off hearing it in every song? If I was Atheist I sure as hell wouldn't be listening to Hip Hop, unless it's prolly unAmercian, Dead Prez, or some DEEP underground backpack shit who prolly got some crazy views already anyways.
So you don't listen to Rakim because he's Muslim? Or Common because he's Muslim? A grip of rappers talk about Allah, but does that piss you off? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but a lot of hip-hop artists have dissed Christianity.

Personally, I have no beef with religion and the religious views of people as long as it comforts them. When their beliefs begin to spread hated, violence and ignorance is when it begins to bug me. Otherwise, I feel you should have the right to believe whatever you want to believe.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2009, 03:36:10 PM »
So you don't listen to Rakim because he's Muslim? Or Common because he's Muslim? A grip of rappers talk about Allah, but does that piss you off? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but a lot of hip-hop artists have dissed Christianity.

Personally, I have no beef with religion and the religious views of people as long as it comforts them. When their beliefs begin to spread hated, violence and ignorance is when it begins to bug me. Otherwise, I feel you should have the right to believe whatever you want to believe.

Faith, I'm talking about. God. Allah is God. And no it doesn't, the Poor Righteous Teachers have some of the truest lyrics any Hip Hop artist spit and I ain't no 5%'er. But the common factor is faith.

And if anybody despises religion. Not Christianity, but religion. I don't see why somebody's gonna listen to a record that's talkin' bout God. Atheists seem to get pissed about our intelligent asses following it yet THEY ARE gonna listen to Rakim, they are gonna listen to Kanye West, they are gonna listen to DMX for God's sake, and Wu-Tang, Brand Nubian, etc. etc. etc.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2009, 03:37:08 PM »
i seen tila tequila and bible in the same sentence somehwere...lol
thats wrong
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »
i seen tila tequila and bible in the same sentence somehwere...lol
thats wrong

lol
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2009, 10:08:47 PM »
thx to tila tequila i won this argument

Sikotic™

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »

Faith, I'm talking about. God. Allah is God. And no it doesn't, the Poor Righteous Teachers have some of the truest lyrics any Hip Hop artist spit and I ain't no 5%'er. But the common factor is faith.

And if anybody despises religion. Not Christianity, but religion. I don't see why somebody's gonna listen to a record that's talkin' bout God. Atheists seem to get pissed about our intelligent asses following it yet THEY ARE gonna listen to Rakim, they are gonna listen to Kanye West, they are gonna listen to DMX for God's sake, and Wu-Tang, Brand Nubian, etc. etc. etc.
Well one thing I hope we can agree on is that we don't do or believe in everything a rapper says. I think gangbangin is stupid as fuck but I'ma still listen to shit from Snoop or Game.

Likewise, I don't agree with other things rappers talk about, including their faith, but I still bump it. It's not like I'm sitting down reading the Bible and complaining about it at the same time lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fraxxx

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »

Oh my god. I don't know.

I give up!!

You're prolly right, I'm not willing to accept it, but I can respect it. I respect your beliefs. But I don't respect, being disrespected.

See here.

I NEVER KNEW WHAT THE FUCK ATHEISM WAS, until I came on this board. Never even heard of the notion to NOT believe in God. Never heard of the word! I knew other religions and knew about devil worshipers, but never in my life heard of Atheism until I came on an internet message board. I had to fuckin' look what that meant up, after I saw it here. And after learning and reading replies on here, I see these people call religious folks unintelligent and selfish, naive, and dumb. And that's disrespect. Like, ya'll use THAT as an argument. Fuck my weak lines, according to C-Blue, some gotta use name calling as a damn argument. And I'm just using previous posts or ideas from other Atheists threads and topics on here, to try and understand. I use it in my posts now becuz if one Atheist believes that shit, I'ma see if the next one does too.

I ain't gonna be willing to accept, nah, I can't. I never heard this is my life. Everythang, God was there, belief was there. From my family, friends, school, teachers, the music I listen to, yeah Hip Hop, everythang was God. I didn't know somebody could deny it. And as I read ya'll posts some of ya'll even went to Church as a kid, was brought up in a family surrounded by religion, even went to Sunday schools and went to Catholic schools, but yet somewhere ya'll didn't agree with it. That, is just mind boggling, to me. Nowwww Fraxxx, I don't know how you was brought up, so I'm not tryinnnn to put words in mouths here, but I guess I could understand if faith was never discussed..

I could also get how an Atheist chooses Science rather than Faith. BUT what I can't get is calling my logic ridiculous in believing in God cuz I CAN'T prove it, when nobody else CAN prove he's fake!!! You see?

And I have been tryin' your 'thinking', I've been tryin to be empathetic, like I said I get the Science, 'seeing is believing' type thang, I could understand that. But the rest, in depth, deeper detailed views, and arguments is just as ridiculous as you think our is. And that's what I'm sayin'. And STILL posting in these never ending threads! I get the surface of it, but the deep deep inside...nahhhhh. I'm tryin' to defend myself here in these posts, well the religion I mean not me, and the way I'm talkin' is like I am doubting God to try and be empathetic and understanding like. Example, well 'If God....', if God? Like what the hell, I'm started to talk like ya'll. So I mean, I don't know.

Okay, I'm not mad because you're not willing to accept. Through what you wrote I feel that maybe realizing that there is no god would break you.
I was very depressed for quite some time when i realized that life has absolute no deeper meaning. I went to church and it was part of my scholastic education but I wasn't religious before, just never thought about it too much. To me this process of accepting was like maturing. I'm not afraid of life or death but I appreciate my time here.

Maybe you'll understand the principle of a theory, its proof and such someday. YOU have to prove your assertion, until you can, it's only a theory! You can't claim a theory being reality. In your (religious people's) case you don't even have any points based on which you could say that there's a good chance you're right. And this is the ridiculous part. Not your 'logic'. Honestly, that is not logic. that's just belief. This is what pisses people like me off sometimes.
I talk about the theory of evolution, the theory of how life occurred, the theory of anything that's not proven. You just claim god for a fact without any evidence and act as if you couldn't see the difference. That's why I can't take you serious.

Like you said, faith, god, this was always around you, you didn't even know about not believing. Can you sense why this appears to me as kind of brain-washed?

Again you didn't refer to any of my points, but it's all good.
I will stop here because I'm not here to ridicule you or debate colors with blind people.

P.S. Others on here gave you good answers to your question why non-believers listen to hip hop anyway. But just the question is a       
       prime example of how you're not capable to think outside your little box.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 06:10:40 AM by Fraxxx »
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
It ain't even just Hip Hop, it's like the whole urban culture. The black comedians, the soul singers, who the majority of them do Gospel albums, why would white people or suburban folks wanna be taken apart in this culture. Why listen to the Hip Hop, why watch a Steve Harvey show when he's pretending to introduce Jesus, why go a Etta James concert when she could break out in a gospel record. I mean shit if this was based round Atheism, shit I wouldn't want anythang to do wit it, cuz I'd feel uncomfortable. Having strong feelings against atheism yet at a comedian show or concert I'ma have to hear them talk about it, man I don't wanna hear that shit, like ya'll prolly don't, which is why I'm sayin'. But hey I guess if ya'll don't mind it for some reason, than I guess it's all good. Just fuck it. Fuck it. It's whatever.

Second I don't think it's brain-washing, becuz I can think for myself now. And I was NEVER like this before hand. I always believed in God, but YA'LL, after I came to this board and realized there are different views out there, that's when I started to feel madddd stronger bout my faith. So it can't be brain-washing, yeah it was there always, raised round it but I read The Bible for myself today and ACTUALLY have different opinions on shit than the 'brain-washers' themselves, let's say. So thank you Fraxxx and the rest of the world for making my faith madd more stengthful. They ain't, ya'll did.

That whole brain-washing is not right. Becuz just like you said, you were around it too, so it was brought up and you chose to go the opposite way with it and I went the same way wit it.

And what do you want me to refer to Fraxxx? I did. You mean your questions?

And why is what I said ignorant?
I didn't say what you said was ignorant. I said, '...yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us'.

"Why would there be more meaning to life then the billions of years before, only because there's a species now which is intelligent enough to pose the question?"
I don't get that. Cuz now you say billions of years now, so is this some kind of trick question. Like the human race been around billions of years or you talking dinosaurs? I don't fuckin' know.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2009, 08:42:14 AM »

Well one thing I hope we can agree on is that we don't do or believe in everything a rapper says. I think gangbangin is stupid as fuck but I'ma still listen to shit from Snoop or Game.

Likewise, I don't agree with other things rappers talk about, including their faith, but I still bump it. It's not like I'm sitting down reading the Bible and complaining about it at the same time lol
True..

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2009, 11:05:49 AM »
It ain't even just Hip Hop, it's like the whole urban culture. The black comedians, the soul singers, who the majority of them do Gospel albums, why would white people or suburban folks wanna be taken apart in this culture. Why listen to the Hip Hop, why watch a Steve Harvey show when he's pretending to introduce Jesus, why go a Etta James concert when she could break out in a gospel record. I mean shit if this was based round Atheism, shit I wouldn't want anythang to do wit it, cuz I'd feel uncomfortable. Having strong feelings against atheism yet at a comedian show or concert I'ma have to hear them talk about it, man I don't wanna hear that shit, like ya'll prolly don't, which is why I'm sayin'. But hey I guess if ya'll don't mind it for some reason, than I guess it's all good. Just fuck it. Fuck it. It's whatever.

Second I don't think it's brain-washing, becuz I can think for myself now. And I was NEVER like this before hand. I always believed in God, but YA'LL, after I came to this board and realized there are different views out there, that's when I started to feel madddd stronger bout my faith. So it can't be brain-washing, yeah it was there always, raised round it but I read The Bible for myself today and ACTUALLY have different opinions on shit than the 'brain-washers' themselves, let's say. So thank you Fraxxx and the rest of the world for making my faith madd more stengthful. They ain't, ya'll did.

That whole brain-washing is not right. Becuz just like you said, you were around it too, so it was brought up and you chose to go the opposite way with it and I went the same way wit it.

And what do you want me to refer to Fraxxx? I did. You mean your questions?

And why is what I said ignorant?
I didn't say what you said was ignorant. I said, '...yet an Atheist with so much more 'sense' is ignorant enuff to believe that there's nutthin' bigger than us'.

"Why would there be more meaning to life then the billions of years before, only because there's a species now which is intelligent enough to pose the question?"
I don't get that. Cuz now you say billions of years now, so is this some kind of trick question. Like the human race been around billions of years or you talking dinosaurs? I don't fuckin' know.

The thing is man, if youve ALWAYS believed in God then its more likely to be brainwashing lol.  No one believes in God from birth. It is implanted in them by someone or some group.  At some point, as a kid...you were convinced that your religion is correct. It was more then likely at such a young age, that you dont even remember when it happened.  The thing with most religions is, they teach you NOT to question.  Just believe.  And thats where it stifles peoples actual growth intellectually.  You SHOULD question EVERYthing you believe in. Thats what allows you to make rational decisions. It goes either way. If a kids parents teach them from birth that religion is bad and there is no God, not giving the child a chance to decide on their own...thats brainwashing as well.  Parents do it all the time with a million different things.  This also goes into what you were sayin about people not of the faith participating in music, tv, culture, etc that has a lot of its people who are highly religious.  I think (my opinion) that Athiests are far more accepting of others and their beliefs then most religious people. Most religious people (truly religious) dont even want to "corrupt" their mind with anything outside of Gods word, whether its true or not true, fact or not fact, good or not good. If its not GODS word, its bad.

To take this shit a little further man. Ive almost always had a hard time understanding how certain people, from certain backgrounds can cling to certain religions. Example, Any Black person in America being Christian is beyond me.  The fact that so many Mexicans are Catholic, is beyond me. These religions were simply forced upon people with a lot of murder and slavery behind it. The option wasnt there to become Christian or Catholic.  The choice was made for you...you ARE Christian now. You ARE Catholic now.  The circumstances under which both groups came to adopt these religions, you would think, is enough to make anyone not believe in them. 
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Cali Climate

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »
I say he should burn the church norway style so we have one less influential group of idiots in the America.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2009, 11:44:15 AM »
I say he should burn the church norway style so we have one less influential group of idiots in the America.

lol@ influential group of idiots..

and if its full of Republicans...we can kill two birds with one stone.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"