Author Topic: I would like to know why homosexuality...  (Read 660 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I would like to know why homosexuality...
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »
whoa whoa whoa
see other thread....
to be continued.....

Gays can hide their gayness.

Minorities can't hide the color of their skin.

This is where the difference lies.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 12:46:18 AM »

lol Sorry but so many gays can't hide their sexual orientation for shit. Talk to one for a minute. There aren't too many straight guys who are that feminine. :D

And if they could, how would that make a difference?
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:41:29 AM »

lol Sorry but so many gays can't hide their sexual orientation for shit. Talk to one for a minute. There aren't too many straight guys who are that feminine. :D

My bad, what I said was confusing.

I meant, gays can hide what they do in their bedroom, but minorities cant hide the color of their skin.

That's why people get pissed when gays compare their situation to the civil rights movement.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fraxxx

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 05:28:29 AM »

I meant, gays can hide what they do in their bedroom, but minorities cant hide the color of their skin.

That's why people get pissed when gays compare their situation to the civil rights movement.

That's for sure a difference. But like I said before, I guess they both face similar problems, despite the fact that racial minorities obviously can't hide like gays can in some way.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have an impression that people get pissed because they just don't like gays, so they're not cool with them comparing their situation. I feel like certain racial minorities hate gays more than white people do.

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »

That's for sure a difference. But like I said before, I guess they both face similar problems, despite the fact that racial minorities obviously can't hide like gays can in some way.

Maybe I'm wrong but I have an impression that people get pissed because they just don't like gays, so they're not cool with them comparing their situation. I feel like certain racial minorities hate gays more than white people do.
Oh yeah, I agree. I sympathize with both sides to be honest with you.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 12:55:28 AM »
insteresting lil thread
Yeah

it basically comes on to discrimination.

Never thought of it like that. Hahahahaha. Hmm.

Good lookin' to all ya'll..

Like the old saying, it's like comparing apples and oranges.

Both have similarities (fruits; good for health, make good juice, etc.) but overall are still different.
I like your comparison.  Similiarities in there fight for rights, but so different.
MOS DEF MAKES SENSE

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 12:59:14 AM »

Oh yeah, I agree. I sympathize with both sides to be honest with you.

Me too. Live and let live. As long as you don't hurt anybody with what you're doing, I don't even bother.

I always thought that's the kind of freedom we are bombing other countries for.  :D

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:39 PM »
I agree, i think it's being compared to the Civil rights movement for marketing reasons. It's easier to advertise your cause when there's a well-known, popular historical precedent that you can compare it to. In fact, Gay rights in the U.S. have come a really long way, and sometimes i think that the in-your-face homosexuality can be reactionary and come back in the form of aggression against the gay community. i have an example - in UCSB, where i went to University, there was a large gay student community, who were really active in student politics, local issues, etc. For one, I felt like a lot of the issues were centered around tolerance, where i think tolerance at UCSB was already at a very, very high level. Also, they had these campaigns when they would wear these flamboyant shirts that said "queer bomb" and walk around everywhere in them... that's pretty provocative, and I really don't see the point. Just be a human being, don't try to isolate yourself in a little group. What's really sad about this is that a lot of gay people, maybe because they feel marginalized or whatever, make their homosexuality the no.1 characteristic about themselves. When I think of my identity, my sexual orientation is definitely not at the top of the list, whereas i feel for a lot of gay people it's the most important label, especially for younger people. Maybe I'm wrong, i don't know. But as far as the movement goes, I definitely support people's right to do whatever they want, gay marriage, civil unions, or whatever, just don't make a spectacle out of it.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Cali Climate

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2009, 12:35:19 AM »
Because they're gay.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »
I agree, i think it's being compared to the Civil rights movement for marketing reasons. It's easier to advertise your cause when there's a well-known, popular historical precedent that you can compare it to. In fact, Gay rights in the U.S. have come a really long way, and sometimes i think that the in-your-face homosexuality can be reactionary and come back in the form of aggression against the gay community. i have an example - in UCSB, where i went to University, there was a large gay student community, who were really active in student politics, local issues, etc. For one, I felt like a lot of the issues were centered around tolerance, where i think tolerance at UCSB was already at a very, very high level. Also, they had these campaigns when they would wear these flamboyant shirts that said "queer bomb" and walk around everywhere in them... that's pretty provocative, and I really don't see the point. Just be a human being, don't try to isolate yourself in a little group. What's really sad about this is that a lot of gay people, maybe because they feel marginalized or whatever, make their homosexuality the no.1 characteristic about themselves. When I think of my identity, my sexual orientation is definitely not at the top of the list, whereas i feel for a lot of gay people it's the most important label, especially for younger people. Maybe I'm wrong, i don't know. But as far as the movement goes, I definitely support people's right to do whatever they want, gay marriage, civil unions, or whatever, just don't make a spectacle out of it.
yeah some homos do get out of hand and they over express their shit it gets real fuckin annoying

Fraxxx

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 03:10:47 AM »

You're very right. But my feeling is that generally too much emphasis is put on sexuality nowadays. Whether gay or straight, people who define themselves through the most basic aspect a person has are low-lifes.