Author Topic: Official Jay-Z "Blueprint 3" discussion thread  (Read 7272 times)

eNgIeS

Re: Official Jay-Z "Blueprint 3" discussion thread
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2009, 02:44:42 AM »
Damn I love that Venus vs Mars beat.

+1

eNgIeS

« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2009, 02:46:22 AM »
timbo is garbage on this album, anyone saying those tracks are nice are lying to themselves

So I really don't like that track? Am I lying to myself?

+1

I like Off That & Venus vs. Mars. Thats my opinion

I can respect if someone else doesnt like it but dont try and tell people that they're wrong just cause they have different tastes than you. Incredibly immature. I hate these elitest's who think there taste is the only right one. Music is subjective another persons trash is someone elses treasure

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2009, 07:53:26 AM »

For me personally this is so damn lacklustre and boring, a handful of songs I will be playing along but that's it.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Blueprint 3 is so damn average
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »
I am a big Jay-Z fan but unlike some on here I thought American Gangster was fairly lacklustre and so I was really hoping this would be a good album. However after the first listen, I wasn't really feeling much and read the responses saying people would hail this album after a week, but here is the thing, there are five pretty good songs on here Empire State Of Mind, DOA, Young Forever, Run This Town, A Star Is Born.

Songs like Ambitous, Reminder, Hate are so damn underwhelming, in fact the majority of the album in my opinion is just damn boring.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:01:52 AM by virtuoso »

sav

« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2009, 09:49:41 AM »
What's the problem with "So ambitious", it's such a banger.  8)

Jaydc555

Re: Blueprint 3 is so damn average
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2009, 10:27:55 AM »
I am a big Jay-Z fan but unlike some on here I thought American Gangster was fairly lacklustre and so I was really hoping this would be a good album. However after the first listen, I wasn't really feeling much and read the responses saying people would hail this album after a week, but here is the thing, there are five pretty good songs on here Empire State Of Mind, DOA, Young Forever, Run This Town, A Star Is Born.

Songs like Ambitous, Reminder, Hate are so damn underwhelming, in fact the majority of the album in my opinion is just damn boring.

Agreed.But the thing is even the so clalled good songs you listed dont hold a candle to jay zs best songs.Empire state of mind is being extremely overrated

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »

Agreed with that also

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Blueprint 3 is so damn average
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »

Agreed.But the thing is even the so clalled good songs you listed dont hold a candle to jay zs best songs.Empire state of mind is being extremely overrated

Yeah that track is hella overrated

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
OB4CL2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blueprint3

Blood$

« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2009, 10:52:07 PM »
I listened to the album a little more this week and more of it has grown on me... I dig almost all of it now basically except for "Thank You", "Venus VS Mars", "Hate"... a few other tracks I could fuck with for certain things

OB4CL = album of the year (so far)  8)

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2009, 11:03:42 PM »
I listened to the album a little more this week and more of it has grown on me... I dig almost all of it now basically except for "Thank You", "Venus VS Mars", "Hate"... a few other tracks I could fuck with for certain things

I think overall OB4CL2 is a better album. Better sequencing and it flows front to back just like the 1st one. Blueprint3 is pretty good with standout tracks but as an album, Rae's effort was better. IMO

Blood$

« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2009, 11:05:55 PM »

I think overall OB4CL2 is a better album. Better sequencing and it flows front to back just like the 1st one. Blueprint3 is pretty good with standout tracks but as an album, Rae's effort was better. IMO

agree 100%

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

agree 100%

Co-Sign, Cuban Linx is on some next shit

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:49 PM »

agree 100%

Co-Sign, Cuban Linx is on some next shit

Best Wu-Tang album out since Fishscale IMO

Lunatic

« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
This album grows with each listen
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com