Author Topic: go buy THE CHRONIC RELIT today everybody!  (Read 1992 times)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: go buy THE CHRONIC RELIT today everybody!
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
i believe when this project was announced they said there would be unreleased artwork, is this true? if so what additional artwork is there?

i'll be picking up my copy in a week when OBFCL2 is out.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
i think half of yall would suck somebodys dick for death row material. everybodys fuckin whipped because wideawake might or might not release unreleased material we actually want. fuck that shit. i'm buying raekwon and ghostface and MOP not this.

then get the fuck off a westcoast website idiot

i'll buy west coast albums that i dont already own. i think wideawake is lucky theres a lot of suckers but i buy albums i want. when wideawake releases crooked or something i want i'll buy it. until then i'm not buying albums in hopes of them releasing better albums. do you realize how pathetic that is? and look at everybody going crazy buy relit buy relit. some rich white bitch is getting a fat check and suckering you with crafty marketing techniques. people are more concerned with supporting this greedy corporate bitch then actual artists releasing their own albums.

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »
Im happy with my purchase.. $10 at Best Buy. Everyone said there'd be no Dre production. Turns out "Young Dave" was produced by Dr. Dre. CPO's song is bad ass. He has such an original flow unlike any other. They need to put out his deathrow contribution for SURE. Nice interview with Dre. I miss this era of music so much. Good to get a taste of it again. Good news is there's plenty more to follow. In just one more month we get Snoop Doggy Dogg: The Lost Sessions!!!! Good shit..... Keep it commin' Wide Awake!!!! Where's "Tha Next Episode" O.G.????

acgrundy

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 06:45:27 PM »
I bought it today at best buy.  First cd I have purchased in over 5 years.  I listened to it in my truck on the way home, and I will probably never listen to the actual cd again.

And they credit production for some of the unreleased songs.  Dre produced Poor Young Dave, so it looks like they can release his production.  I am really hoping we get doggystyle on the snoop album.

And on 3 of the cuts there is no production credited.  I remember making a thread asking how it could be proved whether or not someone actually produced a song from back then.  I remember some guy explicitly stating that Death Row was a well run business, where all employees made sure all contracts were correct, and made sure they got 100% credit and publishing for everything that they did.  Haha, yeah ok bro.  Smoke enough bud was most likely either produced by Dre or Daz, and neither got credit, so I guess that completely throws your half ass theory out the window.

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »
i believe when this project was announced they said there would be unreleased artwork, is this true? if so what additional artwork is there?

i'll be picking up my copy in a week when OBFCL2 is out.

i remember them saying that also..but no unreleased artwork

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
Just bought mines 2 hours ago, man that interview wher he talk about eastcoast killaz he wanted all females was deep, forgive me im drunk.
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

acgrundy

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
Is that robbery video the same video they played at the up in smoke tour before snoop and dre came out?

nice to see that bitch's titties from the g thang video

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »
Is that robbery video the same video they played at the up in smoke tour before snoop and dre came out?

nice to see that bitch's titties from the g thang video

yep finally the titties are revealed after all these years 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »
i think half of yall would suck somebodys dick for death row material. everybodys fuckin whipped because wideawake might or might not release unreleased material we actually want. fuck that shit. i'm buying raekwon and ghostface and MOP not this.

LMAO  he sounds like my ex room mate

a huge NY rap groupie who tries to discredit the west

me i love all of them
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 07:33:35 PM »
i think im gonna buy a 2nd copy and keep it sealed

cuz this shit si gonna be a hip hop collectors item soon
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Escrooge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »
Update: Man just got thru watching that robbery video, man that chit was off the chain! Thank you, wide awake! 8)
Everybody is wondering what Barack is going to do for us for the next 8 years, what are you going to do for yourself the next 8 years?

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
i bought a copy today.  i haven't watched the dre interview yet, but the whole thing was put together well.  the robbery scene and the promos were pretty cool.  i wonder why they even made the robbery.  something like that would never get played on tv

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 08:43:33 PM »
i bought a copy today.  i haven't watched the dre interview yet, but the whole thing was put together well.  the robbery scene and the promos were pretty cool.  i wonder why they even made the robbery.  something like that would never get played on tv

makes me wonder why Tommy Boy records paid for the Live Squad to make a video for the song "Heartless"

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:40 PM »

LMAO  he sounds like my ex room mate

me i love all of them

let me get this straight i'm a ny rap groupie for supporting promising, new east coast albums over a rip off rerelease of a 17 year old album. okay guy sure

D Breezy

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 10:24:57 PM »

LMAO  he sounds like my ex room mate

me i love all of them

let me get this straight i'm a ny rap groupie for supporting promising, new east coast albums over a rip off rerelease of a 17 year old album. okay guy sure

they gave u like 6 unreleased tracks plus a few free ones and you still wont support? ok makes sense  ::)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 11:09:13 PM by CaughtUp »
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more