Author Topic: Thoughts on the current state of hip hop?  (Read 1868 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Thoughts on the current state of hip hop?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
what was the first "bad" song that lead Hip Hop down the bad road it's claimed to be on?

if i had to guess, i would say 50's Candyshop.

a sellout radio song for the bitches in the clubs that put 50 on the map & showed others you could make songs like that and make millions.

but Candyshop was a dope song, in my opinion. ;D

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 04:52:13 PM »
hip hop is alive and is breathing perfectly

Mainstream is dead not hip hop itself

Cali Climate

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
Hip-Hop Is Dead.   

Hip-Hop was shot and killed on Sept. 13th, 1996.  It still took another 10 years before Nas released Hip-Hop Is Dead and made it's death official.

Hip-Hop started off as a culture comprised of the 4 elements, DJ, breakin, rapper, and graffiti in the 70's.  The art of graffiti writing had it's peak in the 70's.  The art of breakin and DJing had it's peak in the 80's.  And then the rapper had his peak in the 90's, as the mid-90's the culture reached it's climax in the figure of 2pac Shakur, the art form became a global world-wide phenomenon and 2pac was the alpha-male.  It threatened to become a revolution and change the world, so 2pac's life was snuffed out at the height of his fame, by a mysterious and still unknown assassin, because he threatened the to alter and greatly upset the Order of things.

It had died pre-maturely.  Eminem made his best efforts to once again bring life to the art form in the late 90's, Rawkus Records brought hip-hop consciousness to another level, and the last gasp for life was heard around the time 8 Mile and Get Rich Or Die Trying were released in 2003.  However, it has not been heard or seen since then, and Nas (the ambassador of hip-hop) officially declared it's death in 2006 with the release of Hip-Hop Is Dead.

May it rest in peace.

Stop being a melodramatic little bitch brian. you don't know what you're talking about at all.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 05:49:47 PM »
what was the first "bad" song that lead Hip Hop down the bad road it's claimed to be on?

a sellout radio song for the bitches in the clubs that put 50 on the map & showed others you could make songs like that and make millions.

A serious question...besides personal preference and its classic status in hip hop, what truly is the difference between Candy Shop and Rapper's Delight?

midwestryder

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »

then you are wrong .  50's Candyshop was not even the first like that .  other rapper came out with crap in late 90's that is worse . it was ja rule or hot boys crew who made worse songs then that . . candyshop did not put 50 cent on the map. in the da club or wanksta put 50 cent on the map. there has been mean more sellout radio songs for the bitches in the clubs before 50 cent ever made candy shop.

Al Bundy

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
lol @ asking about the current state of hip-hop in the westcoast section where 90% of the posters are still living in 1994

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:00 PM »

then you are wrong .  50's Candyshop was not even the first like that .  other rapper came out with crap in late 90's that is worse . it was ja rule or hot boys crew who made worse songs then that . . candyshop did not put 50 cent on the map. in the da club or wanksta put 50 cent on the map. there has been mean more sellout radio songs for the bitches in the clubs before 50 cent ever made candy shop.

Don't forget LL Cool J. He's probably the first rapper I think of who started that trend.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2009, 10:26:43 PM »
No one artist or song was responsible for the birth or death of hip-hop. 

midwestryder

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »

Don't forget LL Cool J. He's probably the first rapper I think of who started that trend.
you are right about that . what about father m.c?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2009, 11:49:06 PM »
just saying, nobody bitched about Hip Hop's state until around the time Candyshop came out; be real.

& i didn't say it put him on the map, but it is hands down one of the biggest singles this decade (saleswise).

midwestryder

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »
just saying, nobody bitched about Hip Hop's state until around the time Candyshop came out; be real.

& i didn't say it put him on the map, but it is hands down one of the biggest singles this decade (saleswise).
i thought in da club sold more. what are yo utalking about nobody bitched about Hip Hop's state until around the time Candyshop came out. people have been bitching about the state of hip hop since cash money came around. hip hop has not been right since after 1997.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 12:11:28 AM »

i thought in da club sold more. what are yo utalking about nobody bitched about Hip Hop's state until around the time Candyshop came out. people have been bitching about the state of hip hop since cash money came around. hip hop has not been right since after 1997.

i don't know which sold more, but whose to say 50 Cent can't have two top selling singles within the same decade?

& no, no, no; the "Hip Hop Is Dead" movement started shortly before Nas' album & then Nas' album was like the "official" shit.

i don't remember people saying "Hip Hop is dead" when Dre put out 2001 & Eminem was dropping classics & Xzibit dropped Restless & Wu Tang was still putting out that dope shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 12:21:19 AM »

i don't know which sold more, but whose to say 50 Cent can't have two top selling singles within the same decade?

& no, no, no; the "Hip Hop Is Dead" movement started shortly before Nas' album & then Nas' album was like the "official" shit.

i don't remember people saying "Hip Hop is dead" when Dre put out 2001 & Eminem was dropping classics & Xzibit dropped Restless & Wu Tang was still putting out that dope shit.

We weren't. But the 80s heads probably were. A lot of people complained when N.W.A came out and gangsta rap became the new trend.

Lanothegreat

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 12:23:08 AM »
rap/hip hop=dead
theres a shitlist of clones..no body new lyrically
ecspecially frm the west

except me
3500 Plays In 1 day...170 dl's
Mannish Da Jula- Intergalactic Feat.Lano

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8597771

Inglewood C.A. & Anchorage A.K.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »

We weren't. But the 80s heads probably were. A lot of people complained when N.W.A came out and gangsta rap became the new trend.

i really couldn't tell you, but it took off & people got over it fairly fast lol.

i doubt they went into "Hip Hop is over", crisis-mode; but like i said, i couldn't tell you.