Author Topic: My short review of the Chronic Re-Lit Walmart exclusive edition  (Read 2164 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: My short review of the Chronic Re-Lit Walmart exclusive edition
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 12:53:07 PM »
WOW so we wont get access to the dirty version?

wtf

Maybe they only have a master to the censored version so they figured who not put it out on the WalMart disc.  Think about the possibilities first.  Everybody here needs to stop bitching and be appreciative that we're getting any music released at all.  None of these tracks were meant to be released.  And if Dre still owned Death Row, pleeze believe this stuff would be locked in the vaults FOREVER.  And you can put that one on a bitch and smoke it, because we all know it's true.  :-*
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 01:10:13 PM »
WOW so we wont get access to the dirty version?

wtf

Maybe they only have a master to the censored version so they figured who not put it out on the WalMart disc.  Think about the possibilities first.  Everybody here needs to stop bitching and be appreciative that we're getting any music released at all.  None of these tracks were meant to be released.  And if Dre still owned Death Row, pleeze believe this stuff would be locked in the vaults FOREVER.  And you can put that one on a bitch and smoke it, because we all know it's true.  :-*

ME NO WANT CLEAN MUZIK ME WANT DIRTY MUSIC    DIRTTIER THAN VANESSA DELRIOS VAGINA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

kuruptDPG

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
is smoke on simliar to the smoke trak on tha dogg pound 2002?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
is smoke on simliar to the smoke trak on tha dogg pound 2002?

No, nothing like that at all...it's from late 92-93, Snoop sounds real young.  Beat is similar to the Warren G/Cedric Ceballos song - FLow On from the Basketball's Best Kept Secret album.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 02:17:03 PM »
don't PM me the song Soopafly
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »
Why would anyone buy music from Walmart?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:10:08 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 02:28:01 PM »
i would be glad to receive a link via PM, i ordered the re-lit but don't have the intention to buy the walmart edition, too.

thanks in advance

MarshColin

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

Are the censored parts reversed or do they actually add a sound over it?

It's reversed, but like i said, it's very fast and it's very easy to still make out the word they are censoring.

As far as the quality, i don't know, i don't have an ear for that kind of stuff.  It sounds good to me, i can bump it in my car, it's probably not perfect...it kind of sounds like the same quality of I Roc Mics, but I didn't find that song to be "unlistenable" so I don't know.  I'm sure someone else on this board besides me will buy the Wal Mart version of this.  I'm sure someone will post it up on here, probably by the end of the day if i had to bet on it.

Reason I asked is because if it's reverse edited, it can pretty easily be REreversed to make it sound like it did originally. You just gotta find the precise section that was reversed which if u know what u are doing, can be done with a little time. If u want me to unedit it for you, u can send it to me on the PM, I won't post it up. If not I'll just do it when it leaks.

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »
thats sounds really dope..  8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 03:35:38 PM »
Walmart online shows the normal version for sale

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12165162#

not the clean version with "Smoke On" bonus.  What gives? ???

The Watcher

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:57 PM »

The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault (Edited) (Includes DVD)

edited = clean, curses removed, etc.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Blasphemy

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »

It's reversed, but like i said, it's very fast and it's very easy to still make out the word they are censoring.

As far as the quality, i don't know, i don't have an ear for that kind of stuff.  It sounds good to me, i can bump it in my car, it's probably not perfect...it kind of sounds like the same quality of I Roc Mics, but I didn't find that song to be "unlistenable" so I don't know.  I'm sure someone else on this board besides me will buy the Wal Mart version of this.  I'm sure someone will post it up on here, probably by the end of the day if i had to bet on it.

Reason I asked is because if it's reverse edited, it can pretty easily be REreversed to make it sound like it did originally. You just gotta find the precise section that was reversed which if u know what u are doing, can be done with a little time. If u want me to unedit it for you, u can send it to me on the PM, I won't post it up. If not I'll just do it when it leaks.
mind pming the dirty version then? Honestly worse thing I hate is fucking censorship. I fucking bought TMMLP and the fuckers still back masked the 2 Columbine references in "KIM" Christ it fucks up the song imo.

Also may I also have a clean version 2 the guy that bought it (pm though a link). Even if it is censored its still a new track.  8) Honestly I hope Itunes has the walmart version up later. All I see is the current release and I already got the songs.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault (Edited) (Includes DVD)

edited = clean, curses removed, etc.

yeah that's great, you read the title listed on the walmart page.  Not what I meant.  If you take the time to actually scroll down and check the tracklisting, Disc 2 has the same 7 bonus tracks and Dre interview sold everywhere else....THAT's what I meant.  No mention of the Walmart exclusive "Smoke On"

midwestryder

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »

please pm. it to me too. i already bought the dirty version of chronic relit yesterday at best buy .i really want a good dirty version of smoke on.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 05:11:59 PM »

please pm. it to me too. i already bought the dirty version of chronic relit yesterday at best buy .i really want a good dirty version of smoke on.

same here