Author Topic: My short review of the Chronic Re-Lit Walmart exclusive edition  (Read 2138 times)

midwestryder

Re: My short review of the Chronic Re-Lit Walmart exclusive edition
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »

Patience.....

doesn't bring more record sales for walmart. i must admit i don't understand your reasons

Increases sales for WideAwake.  Good sales = more projects like this, and more unreleased Death Row stuff released.  If you can't wait a week, just buy it.  It's 11.88, it's not like it costs a fortune!

yes we must all donate money to wideawake
stop being a ignorant ass hater

snoop

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2009, 05:07:01 PM »
Just drove out to the closest Walmart to me - no Chronic Re-Lit or any other cd by Dr. Dre.  >:(

MarshColin

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2009, 05:28:46 PM »

Patience.....

doesn't bring more record sales for walmart. i must admit i don't understand your reasons

Increases sales for WideAwake.  Good sales = more projects like this, and more unreleased Death Row stuff released.  If you can't wait a week, just buy it.  It's 11.88, it's not like it costs a fortune!

I'm not going to chastise you for holding out on the song, but doing so is not going to increase sales. The song is on the Wal-Mart version, which you were kind enough to peep for us and tell us all it wasn't worth buying. If anything, you DECREASED the sales because most people that would have bought the Wal-Mart version would've already bought the normal version, and then copped the Wal-Mart version thinking it had the clean versions with changed lyrics on there. Since you told us that wasn't the case, nobody is going to buy the Wal-Mart version unless they were a die hard collector, which in that case they would've bought it no matter if Smoke On leaked and was on allhiphop.com or was unleaked.

Somebody please tell me that my logic makes more sense here.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2009, 06:30:24 PM »
Soopafly_DPGC holla at me! I got this new 3-track single from your boy Priest. I want to make a trade

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2009, 06:31:21 PM »

Patience.....

Increases sales for WideAwake.  Good sales = more projects like this, and more unreleased Death Row stuff released.  If you can't wait a week, just buy it.  It's 11.88, it's not like it costs a fortune!

I'm not going to chastise you for holding out on the song, but doing so is not going to increase sales. The song is on the Wal-Mart version, which you were kind enough to peep for us and tell us all it wasn't worth buying. If anything, you DECREASED the sales because most people that would have bought the Wal-Mart version would've already bought the normal version, and then copped the Wal-Mart version thinking it had the clean versions with changed lyrics on there. Since you told us that wasn't the case, nobody is going to buy the Wal-Mart version unless they were a die hard collector, which in that case they would've bought it no matter if Smoke On leaked and was on allhiphop.com or was unleaked.

what idiot would think there is a clean version of the chronic that isn't edited? And not only that, for unreleased songs? 

I don't get why people want a clean version anyway. Are people here DJs or something?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:37:10 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Muhfukka

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »
i spent thouand of dollars for 2pac stuff so it`s not about the money
kill yourself

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »
purchased it, smoke on is explicit..strange. nice smooth track. sounds like something warren g would produce

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »
purchased it, smoke on is explicit..strange. nice smooth track. sounds like something warren g would produce

interesting, would you up it for us?

MarshColin

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2009, 01:09:44 AM »

Patience.....

Increases sales for WideAwake.  Good sales = more projects like this, and more unreleased Death Row stuff released.  If you can't wait a week, just buy it.  It's 11.88, it's not like it costs a fortune!

what idiot would think there is a clean version of the chronic that isn't edited? And not only that, for unreleased songs? 

I don't get why people want a clean version anyway. Are people here DJs or something?

A lot of Death Row singles, including the ones from The Chronic, had clean versions where they recorded the song over again with clean lyrics. To a half-ass collector like myself, I would potentially consider buying that version as well if they included those changed versions, but they didn't so I'm not interested. Clean versions are made for a few reasons, one of them being that they can sell to kids and parents can i guess be comfortable that the swear words aren't heard by their kids. Basically to not discriminate against potential customers.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2009, 01:13:52 AM »
^^^

One idea (and I know this is a bitch) is to rip the DVD music videos to MP3 - they're all clean if I recall properly

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2009, 05:13:49 AM »

It's not explicit.  If you listen closely, the curse words are scratched just ever so slightly.  As I said, very easy to make out the curse words.  I think WideAwake tried their hardest to give us this song in the most explicit way possible without actually being 'explicit'. 

As a side note, Rage's bonus song "Necessary Roughness" is censored, but they make the curse words silent instead of back masking it.  They also miss an edit in the first verse and you can clearly hear her say "shit". 

The masking as a whole on the chronic CD is really strange.  They miss a couple curse words, they edit "chronic", yet it's written all over the CD.  On the back of the clean version of the CD, the song is titled "Bitches Ain't S***", Whereas on the dirty version, it's titled (B****** Ain't S***"), so it's less censored than the dirty version lol.  Sometimes they edit "ass", "nuts", "endo", etc. and on some songs they don't.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:03 AM »

It's not explicit.  If you listen closely, the curse words are scratched just ever so slightly.  As I said, very easy to make out the curse words.  I think WideAwake tried their hardest to give us this song in the most explicit way possible without actually being 'explicit'. 

As a side note, Rage's bonus song "Necessary Roughness" is censored, but they make the curse words silent instead of back masking it.  They also miss an edit in the first verse and you can clearly hear her say "shit". 

The masking as a whole on the chronic CD is really strange.  They miss a couple curse words, they edit "chronic", yet it's written all over the CD.  On the back of the clean version of the CD, the song is titled "Bitches Ain't S***", Whereas on the dirty version, it's titled (B****** Ain't S***"), so it's less censored than the dirty version lol.  Sometimes they edit "ass", "nuts", "endo", etc. and on some songs they don't.

upload smoke on or  you will be banned

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2009, 12:06:14 PM »

Patience.....

A lot of Death Row singles, including the ones from The Chronic, had clean versions where they recorded the song over again with clean lyrics. To a half-ass collector like myself, I would potentially consider buying that version as well if they included those changed versions, but they didn't so I'm not interested. Clean versions are made for a few reasons, one of them being that they can sell to kids and parents can i guess be comfortable that the swear words aren't heard by their kids. Basically to not discriminate against potential customers.

If you don't want to hear swear words, you shouldn't be listening to the Chronic. Hell, the name of the album itself tells you that.

MarshColin

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2009, 12:42:03 PM »

Patience.....

If you don't want to hear swear words, you shouldn't be listening to the Chronic. Hell, the name of the album itself tells you that.

Dude are you seriously this stupid? Collectors like the different versions, that is all, let it go.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »

Patience.....

Dude are you seriously this stupid? Collectors like the different versions, that is all, let it go.

The singles that have clean versions are called radio edits. Those are so djs can play the song on the radio and not get sued. Its not the same as the edited version of albums that you buy on stores, where they censor the words. There's zero point in buying those versions for an album that celebrates cussing, sex, killing, and living the gangsta lifestyle, because it distorts the music into something that's basically unlistenable. I'm not the one who's stupid, because I'm not the one collecting music not worth listening to.