Author Topic: Jay-Z talking about The Game and Jim Jones - XXL interview  (Read 731 times)

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Jay-Z talking about The Game and Jim Jones - XXL interview
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:49:01 AM »

Speaking of Jim Jones, he and cats like The Game stay throwing shots at you, referring to you as old and washed-up. But you've always thrived off that type of competition. So, currently in the most comfortable position of your career, how competitive are you?

Not really that competitive, because the competition isn’t based on real competition. I mean, Game, I’m his fuckin idol. If you ask him and he’s being truthfully honest with you…it’s just based off his insecurities and, for the most part, pretension. That type of competition doesn’t do anything for me. It’s almost like someone trying to set you up, and everyone knows they’re to set you up, and everybody. It’s just dumb. It’s not in the spirit of competition, because he’s not competition for me. He’s not. Not then, not ever—he’d have to improve considerably. Competition for me competition is Nas, Eminem. Like Jim Jones? That’s ridiculous to me. So how do I respond to that? I can’t win. If I win, then they’ll be like, “See. Now chill. You’re a fuckin’ bully.” And if manages to throw a haymaker from the West Coast, then it’s like “Oooooh.” It’s not even fun. Like, before I did it, because I would diss anybody. Now who has time to do this shit everyday? But before, when I was running after the little fat nigga from Ma$e’s camp, I was doing anybody. Anybody said anything. If I thought you said something. When I was running in the streets, I wanted all that type of activity. Nobody wanted nothing. Now everybody’s a tough guy.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z talking about The Game and Jim Jones - XXL interview
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
I think 50 is a great example of someone who's retaliated to all the beefs and was hated on for winning.  For example, in the Rick Ross situation 50's the bully.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:31:10 PM »
I want to see a Cube vs. Jay-Z beef. Lets start an internet rumor that both of them were talking shit about each other and get this shit popping.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:22:47 AM »
Fuck Jay Z, he's right though.

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:35:40 AM »
Whos the "fat nigga from mases camp"?
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 09:19:52 AM »
I've always had mixed emotions on Jigga.  Some songs he puts out are on point.  But then you get some where you are like "WTF"!!  As for the XXL mag title of Jay-Z being bigger than hip-hop, that's a "fuck no".  He may own the majority of it, but I don't think record wise he has claimed that title.  Hell, if you think about, the only thing stopping him from putting out an album is himself.  Ain't no thing for him to put a trash album on the streets, he's the president.
Time for a change...bring it!

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »
Game is competition for him even though he hasn't been in hip-hop as long, but I agree about Jim Jones lol

Blasphemy

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 10:16:04 AM »
I want to see a Cube vs. Jay-Z beef. Lets start an internet rumor that both of them were talking shit about each other and get this shit popping.

Please. No Vaseline was one of the hardcore disses up their with hit em up and Nases ether. Jay wouldn't have a leg 2 stand on. Cube was in the game before him, do more in the game then jay. It be a slaughter. then again I would imagine just calling him out on his movies and crap sorta like what common did. You know, but crappier. Even though the common diss was mostly just a play on words type diss relating to Cubes stuff and was a piece of shit. lol Either way I'd love 2 see some disses come out by Ice again.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
damn jay-z jus shitted on game/jim
lol @ at them havin jay as their idol

Im not nowhere near the biggest jay fan or even a jay fan really....but damn jus him speakin hurts them and their careers
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »
Jay-Z OWNS the game...Game really is no competition for Jay

thisoneguy360

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
^ Yeah Game could take Jay on a lyrical level but the fact that Game idolizes Jay so much makes it impossible for him to win

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
game looks like a fool...and now that jay has paid someone to make that link of game namin jayz name however times he has...i mean game needs to give in theres no way over jays dead body game will be a better rapper lol

^ Yeah Game could take Jay on a lyrical level but the fact that Game idolizes Jay so much makes it impossible for him to win
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
Whos the "fat nigga from mases camp"?

I think he's just implying that he woulda gone after anyone who talked sideways and using that as an example

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »
Game isnt ALL that lyrical....I could find 25+ Jay-Z verses better than Games best....Game was cool at first, but the name dropping ALL the time gets old quick.  Realistically, The Game spends more time rapping about other people and what theyre doing than what hes doing or feeling himself.  Isnt that fucked up? 

thisoneguy360

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 05:45:37 PM »
^ Yeah I'm not saying Game is a lyrical genius or anything but he can deliver pretty good disses. If he hadn't idolized Jay for so long then I might give him a chance to win but he loses by default.